ImageImage

PG Lakers: Bucks Implode

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,944

Re: PG Lakers: Bucks Implode 

Post#61 » by theFireBlanket » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:01 am

Siefer wrote:In Giannis's defense, he had a guy his size just grappling him, plus another guy hitting his arm pretty much every play. He definitely missed a few he needed to make late, but if it was because of fatigue from getting regularly mauled, it's hard to blame him.

Bucks need to send the reel back to the league with questions. How the hell are they calling him like that?
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
theFireBlanket
RealGM

Post#62 » by theFireBlanket » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:03 am

RubberSoul wrote:
Siefer wrote:In Giannis's defense, he had a guy his size just grappling him, plus another guy hitting his arm pretty much every play. He definitely missed a few be needed to make late, but if it was because of fatigue from getting regularly mauled, it's hard to blame him.

I was having flashbacks to 2019 Toronto ECF series just hack all game honestly probably the best strategy against him. The refs eventually swallow their whistle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darvin watched the Celtics do it too. Garbage. Games like this make me livid. Robbing the best player on the court of what he works for.

msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,723

Post#63 » by msiris » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:05 am

msiris wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:Big Three dropped a Big Deuce.

I don't know if I'd call 29/21/11 dropping a deuce. I do think they should've gotten him involved more in the 2 OTs. Just a thought.
61 points on 69 shots. Not very efficient . Lol
correction. That is 52 points on 69 shots. Tookout Fts.
Ride the tank
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,034

Post#64 » by mediocrityrules » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:05 am

rilamann wrote:
soboMP3 wrote:
rilamann wrote:Replace Dame with Jrue and Grayson and we probably win this one by 30.

So to be clear, here… you just… wanted to run it back?!

I didn't want to run back, that's not what I am saying. In hindsight we would have been a lot better off not doing the Jrue/Grayson for Dame trade.

In hindsight it was a massive mistake, mostly because Dame is grossly overrated.

Griffin was the bigger mistake. Even with that trade, a great coach would make it work better than it has. Griffin nearly torpedoed our season, and now we have the best of a bad situation, which is a coach known for blowing big leads, but still generally better at running plays and man management than Grief.
Circling calendars since 2021
Be Here Now
Rookie
And1: 236

Post#65 » by Be Here Now » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:06 am

Plossum wrote:We’re still the same team as last year in a lot of ways. The offensive execution when games get tight just isn’t there.

If we’re playing from behind, we’re always gonna struggle to pull it out.

I agree. It has to be Giannis. I love the guy but I think he's very hard to play with and has made Mids extra valuable as he seems to be the only guy to ever have consistent chemistry with Giannis.

Every game Giannis has sat this year I feel like everyone has played better. Players get traded and their shooting percentages go up.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Gooden to me...is a rock.

He is the one player I wish was healthy all year but I do not complain about it. You can't control that so why cry?
theFireBlanket
RealGM

Post#66 » by theFireBlanket » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:07 am

Read on Twitter

Dame & Beas sleeping here. Beas actively took a switch on Reaves to start OT & then let him walk into the paint.

rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,308

Post#67 » by rilamann » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:11 am

mediocrityrules wrote:
rilamann wrote:
soboMP3 wrote:So to be clear, here… you just… wanted to run it back?!

I didn't want to run back, that's not what I am saying. In hindsight we would have been a lot better off not doing the Jrue/Grayson for Dame trade.

In hindsight it was a massive mistake, mostly because Dame is grossly overrated.

Griffin was the bigger mistake. Even with that trade, a great coach would make it work better than it has. Griffin nearly torpedoed our season, and now we have the best of a bad situation, which is a coach known for blowing big leads, but still generally better at running plays and man management than Grief.

Griffin was a dumb hire, but even if you never fire Bud or had hired Nurse. I think the results so far would be pretty much the same.

Because of Dame. People think Dame is a superstar, but he's really just Mo Williams with a green light.

If Dame is your #2 guy and your expectation is the NBA Finals. There is a 110% chance you are going to fall short of your expectations.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
rilamann
RealGM

Post#68 » by rilamann » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:15 am

The move that could maybe save things would be replacing Beasley in the starting 5 with AJ Green.

But I am going to assume that has a 99% chance of not happening with the fact that Doc still treats AJ Green like a 10th man.

It's hilarious how Green gets like 10 minutes a game and then Beasley will be out there for long stretches. Beasley played 40 minutes to Green's 12. That's hilariously bad coaching.
ejn1214
Pro Prospect
And1: 682

Post#69 » by ejn1214 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:18 am

Lillard 9-29, Middleton 4-15 and Giannis can't make fts. Not much more too it and not that big of a deal in the grand scheme. Awful shooting night.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,723

Post#70 » by msiris » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:18 am

theFireBlanket wrote:
Read on Twitter

Dame & Beas sleeping here. Beas actively took a switch on Reaves to start OT & then let him walk into the paint.
This all onDame. Beas did sitch but Dames stood under Beas and did nothing. Just fing lazy D standing in no mans land
Ride the tank
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,682

Post#71 » by Matches Malone » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:20 am

rilamann wrote:People think Dame is a superstar, but he's really just Mo Williams with a green light.

Not enough shoulder hair.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
rilamann
RealGM

Post#72 » by rilamann » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:21 am

I almost wish the game would have gone into 10 overtimes.

Just to see how many wide open 3's Reaves would have to hit until the Bucks decided to start guarding him...lol.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,580

Post#73 » by Frank Nova » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:21 am

Luckily this game was more about pride than standings but what a clunker. It started like the OKC game finished but finished like my 8yr old clogged the toilet. Honestly, not a whole lot of positives from this one. Next
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,327

Post#74 » by Mags FTW » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:24 am

Matches Malone wrote:Shameless.

Read on Twitter

Laker fans in the replies trying to defend it is high comedy.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,835

Post#75 » by fansinceforever » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:26 am

I wish I could get to where I believe our inconsistency during the regular season doesn't matter at all.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,030

Post#76 » by RiotPunch » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:26 am

VooDoo7 wrote:

I don't know if I'd call 29/21/11 dropping a deuce. I do think they should've gotten him involved more in the 2 OTs. Just a thought.

Should have clarified down the stretch. Gotta make free throws when you're only at the line half as many times as you ought to be.

But mostly Midds doing the deuce dropping.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
rilamann
RealGM

Post#77 » by rilamann » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:26 am

Matches Malone wrote:
rilamann wrote:People think Dame is a superstar, but he's really just Mo Williams with a green light.

Haha never forget Mo's shoulder hair.

I am honestly not even being hyperbolic or sarcastic when I say that Dame is basically Mo Williams with a green light. They're about the same defensively and Mo probably would have put up similar offensive numbers if he played in this era and if he had the green light to shoot 30+ shots anytime he wanted.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,580

Post#78 » by Frank Nova » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:26 am

The thing I hate most about games like this is now I can’t watch anything basketball related and have to stay off social media or I’ll just continue to be irritated. Who gives a **** about Johntay Porter, the NBA needs to investigate the Lakers with this free throw disparity stuff. It’s unbelievable the calls they get and get away with. No excuse but still, Tony Brothers must sleep on a mountain of 100$ bills Lebron gives him. I wouldn’t be able to look at myself in the mirror if I were him. It’s shameful.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
theFireBlanket
RealGM

Post#79 » by theFireBlanket » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:34 am

RiotPunch wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:

Should have clarified down the stretch. Gotta make free throws when you're only at the line half as many times as you ought to be.

But mostly Midds doing the deuce dropping.

Khris trying to will shots in the 4th while he was cold was a total downer. After the way he came back this past week, that just stunk. Should've tried to make plays for others in that moment.

j_hilge444
Senior
And1: 116

Post#80 » by j_hilge444 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:35 am

rilamann wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:

Haha never forget Mo's shoulder hair.

I am honestly not even being hyperbolic or sarcastic when I say that Dame is basically Mo Williams with a green light. They're about the same defensively and Mo probably would have put up similar offensive numbers if he played in this era and if he had the green light to shoot 30+ shots anytime he wanted.

I’m sorry, but you are the worst poster on this site. Well, you and the other guy that fires off 5 posts in a row without actually saying anything. (Dragon or whatever)
Luke Ridnour getting silly all over - throwing mad alley oops to Ilyasova.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks