PG Lakers: Bucks Implode

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

FireStreetlifeNow
Pro Prospect
And1: 126
Location: At a brewpub somewhere in SE Wisconsin or SW Michigan

Re: PG Lakers: Bucks Implode 

Post#81 » by FireStreetlifeNow » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:47 am

ISO bs at the end of game has to stop. 9-29 Lillard? GTFO of town this summer.

Sent from my SM-S901U1 using Tapatalk
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,314

Post#82 » by rilamann » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:50 am

Adrian Griffin is probably watching Doc Rivers like If that was me, I would have been fired.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,305

Post#83 » by fan230 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:53 am

rilamann wrote:The game was lost when we were up 19 with about 6 minutes to go in 4th and Dame chucked the Lakers back into it.

I remember Giannis was on the bench and I was thinking he probably won't have to even come back if we could score a couple more baskets. Then Dame showed us how overrated he is.

Doc had pulled Dame coz of bad defense. Since then he has been trying hard on defense.

Today Doc should have pulled Dame when he just kept shooting and missing ending with 20 percent 3 poointers. Doc should have pulled Dame. Maybe only then will Dame learn the try and pass more, try to score himself by creating for himself instead of hurling the ball from a distance. I am sick and tired of this hero ball playing.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,950

Post#84 » by theFireBlanket » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:56 am

fan230 wrote:
rilamann wrote:The game was lost when we were up 19 with about 6 minutes to go in 4th and Dame chucked the Lakers back into it.

I remember Giannis was on the bench and I was thinking he probably won't have to even come back if we could score a couple more baskets. Then Dame showed us how overrated he is.

Doc had pulled Dame coz of bad defense. Since then he has been trying hard on defense.

Today Doc should have pulled Dame when he just kept shooting and missing ending with 20 percent 3 poointers. Doc should have pulled Dame. Maybe only then will Dame learn the try and pass more, try to score himself by creating for himself instead of hurling the ball from a distance. I am sick and tired of this hero ball playing.

Didn't help that Khris was trying to get going when his shot wasn't falling either. Two players taking turns missing shots is a momentum killer.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,529

Post#85 » by -Jragon- » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:04 am

We might have to cancel sports betting... Vegas odds were 9.5 and those were strange events and subbing patterns.. like we got caught trying to let it stay close and then it bit us... wtf is going on.. this is getting too weird
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,343

Post#86 » by HKPackFan » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:13 am

We need at least one of dame or khris to be hitting shots.

Both can't be sucking at the same time. That really hurts.
#FreeChuckDiesel
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,529

Post#87 » by -Jragon- » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:14 am

Matches Malone wrote:
rilamann wrote:People think Dame is a superstar, but he's really just Mo Williams with a green light.

Not enough shoulder hair.

Lol what a bad take.. 1 is going to the HOF .. 1 isn't lol wtf
theFireBlanket
RealGM

Post#88 » by theFireBlanket » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:30 am

After watching the refs carry them, I'm actively rooting for anybody to smoke these Lakers in the play-in, or the playoffs. Early exit preferable.

theFireBlanket
RealGM

Post#89 » by theFireBlanket » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:44 am

Doc called the reason we lost. Not trusting the pass& going iso.

This tuesday night NBA ON TNT host is just a bit of a dbag. He said "interesting", citing 39 assists on 49(?) shots.

So what? Doc was right, the ball stuck & that led to bad shots. LA creeps back in.

Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,907

Post#90 » by Plossum » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:12 am

FireStreetlifeNow wrote:ISO bs at the end of game has to stop. 9-29 Lillard? GTFO of town this summer.

Sent from my SM-S901U1 using Tapatalk

Some similarities with us and Boston in that we can play these stretches of near unstoppable offence but when the games get close in the fourth both teams tend to devolve into the clogged toilet offence of letting the best players iso and hope for the best.

Dame was supposed to be a trump card in that sort of game, but it seems he’s lost a step this year and is having a hard time getting good iso looks. Giannis is what he is. A bit like Shaq was in that it’s hard to go to him for reliable offence in the clutch. Midds can make big shots dribble the ball off his foot.

It’s the same issues with some different faces. But it’d be nice to see us actually run some plays in tight spots other than just give run an iso play and hope for the best.

You can’t help but watch a team like Denver with envy as they run solid two/three man actions with Jamal, Joker and Gordon in big spots.
#LockUpChuck
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,958

Post#91 » by BUCKnation » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:29 am

Hot take is that the defense was actually really good tonight, but we constantly got beat to every loose ball and they killed us on the glass. When they hit 50 pts, 1/3 of those were on 2nd chance opportunities, for example.

Obviously it did suck toward the end when everyone was gassed, but with 3 min left they had 91 pts. If khris or dame just hit one shot it was over.

Also, anyone have stats on our typical ft allowed? Cant recall getting killed on the line like that in recent memory. They had 0 fouls called for the last 19 min left of regulation, not including the foul to give late.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,151

Post#92 » by FrieAaron » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:30 am

Pants were pooped
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#93 » by Badgerlander » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:31 am

Read on Twitter
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Dude-niagara
Bench Warmer
And1: 984

Post#94 » by Dude-niagara » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:04 am

rilamann wrote:Replace Dame with Jrue and Grayson and we probably win this one by 30.

End of the day Lillard went 9-29 and was terrible at defensive end. I don't believe you can blame Doc Rivers because the Bucks have been terrible on defence all season.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,896

Post#95 » by Fotis St » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:31 am

This is a blessing in disguise L .
Our weaknesses exposed before the playoffs.
Dame and Beas need to communicate better on D and hit their 3s.
Brook needs to stay locked in on D for 2 months, tired of seeing him tapping his chest calling "my bad", we know its your bad you d@&b f@&), get your $)it together.
Giannis needs to hit his efing FTs withing 10 seconds and stop this clown act FT routine.

All fixable and exposed ... Go Bucks lets win it all
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,504

Post#96 » by Milbucks96 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:34 am

Game doesn’t matter, really frustrating stuff but I kinda don’t care.

But I will take the opportunity with all the frustration and get the discussion going that Giannis and Dame don’t fit together and we’re going to have to win in spite of that.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,539

Post#97 » by PG Graveyard » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:36 am

Looked to me like the whistle kind of demoralized Giannis. Either way this game doesn’t really mean anything. Really hope Dame has something more in the playoffs because he has been basically a once a week guy now with a bunch of garbage games in between. Just hang onto the 2 seed or do whatever you can to avoid steroid Jimmy(insert South Park meme here) in the first round
theFireBlanket
RealGM

Post#98 » by theFireBlanket » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:40 am

Fotis St wrote:This is a blessing in disguise L .
Our weaknesses exposed before the playoffs.
Dame and Beas need to communicate better on D and hit their 3s.
Brook needs to stay locked in on D for 2 months, tired of seeing him tapping his chest calling "my bad", we know its your bad you d@&b f@&), get your $)it together.
Giannis needs to hit his efing FTs withing 10 seconds and stop this clown act FT routine.

All fixable and exposed ... Go Bucks lets win it all

Giannis was the reason there was any FTs in OT1/OT2.

Despite being mauled while refs swallowed their whistle. He should've been given the opportunity to ice it with 2 seconds left. AD was holding him the entire lob play. What's awful is that refs proceeded to send LA to the line for less consequential contact.

Bet he hits those & you're not posting about what he "needs to do".

Grabbing crucial boards. Fighting to get buckets, make plays, trying to defend. And Doc rode him dry.

The clown act was no ball movement to piss away the lead & lack of backcourt defense.

StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,673

Post#99 » by StickeeFingaz » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:43 am

Another fluke loss against the Lakers, doesn’t tell me anything about this team moving forward.

Will be interesting to see how they respond against New Orleans.
#FreeChuckDiesel
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,522

Post#100 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:20 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:Another fluke loss against the Lakers, doesn’t tell me anything about this team moving forward.

Will be interesting to see how they respond against New Orleans.

Hard to predict. We're madly inconsistent. Which will lead to a quick playoff exit if it continues.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks