PG New Orleans: Old, Unathletic Team Plays Like Old, Unathletic Team

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Re: PG New Orleans: Old, Unathletic Team Plays Like Old, Unathletic Team 

Post#101 » by theFireBlanket » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:18 am

fan230 wrote:
mediocrityrules wrote:Dame is never going to get his offense going while they're reff'ing the game like they are and taking away a lot of those fouls that he used to get and rely on. He stills plays for them, a lot of the time putting up bad shots because he thinks the whistle is coming. He needs to change his mindset in that regard or he's destined for mediocrity.

I feel the same. Unfortunately this “rule” change happened after he joined the Bucks. He is such an excellent free throw shooter; this rule has hurt the Bucks offense in more ways than one.

I wonder if Harden has been affected in a similar fashion this year.

He should have a big enough sample of them not calling those to know he can't rely on that.

I will say that he's being unfairly reffed on drives. People are able to get into him without being whistled.
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,034

Post#102 » by mediocrityrules » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:45 am

theFireBlanket wrote:
fan230 wrote:
mediocrityrules wrote:Dame is never going to get his offense going while they're reff'ing the game like they are and taking away a lot of those fouls that he used to get and rely on. He stills plays for them, a lot of the time putting up bad shots because he thinks the whistle is coming. He needs to change his mindset in that regard or he's destined for mediocrity.

I feel the same. Unfortunately this “rule” change happened after he joined the Bucks. He is such an excellent free throw shooter; this rule has hurt the Bucks offense in more ways than one.

I wonder if Harden has been affected in a similar fashion this year.

He should have a big enough sample of them not calling those to know he can't rely on that.

I will say that he's being unfairly reffed on drives. People are able to get into him without being whistled.

It's like Doc said, the tape that went out to teams from the NBA telling him how they're going to ref it differently now, was all examples of Dame. He's got a 'target' on his back now from the refs, whether it's a conscious bias or not.
Circling calendars since 2021
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,739

Post#103 » by AussieBuck » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:01 am

There's a lot going on and plenty of narratives. What really **** me is Dame doing his whatever the **** it is in fitting in or whatever thing of just passing up threes. Does he really need to create every shot he takes? Crowder kicked out to him today and he had a **** paddock but nah, he was passing before he even caught it so that Bobby could catch it and think (which is always a bad idea for Bobby and then he did whatever the **** he did that wasn't Dame shooting a **** open as **** three pointer. **** hell man, do your **** job.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,739

Post#104 » by AussieBuck » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:02 am

On reflection I am glad i didn't even close that bracket, dunno where I would have done it anyway
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,318

Post#105 » by rilamann » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:53 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:
rilamann wrote:The plot twist of the season to me is the fact that now in hindsight, had we stood pat and ran back with Jrue, Grayson & Bud, we probably would have had a considerably better shot at returning to the Finals this season.

I am not saying that I necessarily think we would have gotten back to the Finals had we stood pat.

But I do think we would have had a better shot at it than we do currently.

And of course you also have to keep in mind that if we don't trade Jrue, he doesn't end up on the Celtics.

Jrue one of the worst playoff performers in history. The hot takes in game loss threads are so good.

Jrue went to the Bucks and immediately in his first season there helped them get over the hump and win an NBA championship.

If Jrue goes to go the Celtics and immediately in his first season there helps them get over the hump and win a championship. Just like he did in Milwaukee, which it looks like there's a good chance he might do that....Jrue one of the worst playoff performers in history is going to be a hell of a take.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,034

Post#106 » by mediocrityrules » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:45 pm

AussieBuck wrote:On reflection I am glad i didn't even close that bracket, dunno where I would have done it anyway

Just keep the bracket going. Everything about this side right now needs to be said in brackets (as in, there always needs to be further explanation, because nothing is easy right now).
Circling calendars since 2021
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,537

Post#107 » by -Jragon- » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:53 pm

rilamann wrote:
pifhluk23 wrote:
rilamann wrote:The plot twist of the season to me is the fact that now in hindsight, had we stood pat and ran back with Jrue, Grayson & Bud, we probably would have had a considerably better shot at returning to the Finals this season.

I am not saying that I necessarily think we would have gotten back to the Finals had we stood pat.

But I do think we would have had a better shot at it than we do currently.

And of course you also have to keep in mind that if we don't trade Jrue, he doesn't end up on the Celtics.

Jrue one of the worst playoff performers in history. The hot takes in game loss threads are so good.

Jrue went to the Bucks and immediately in his first season there helped them get over the hump and win an NBA championship.

If Jrue goes to go the Celtics and immediately in his first season there helps them get over the hump and win a championship. Just like he did in Milwaukee, which it looks like there's a good chance he might do that....Jrue one of the worst playoff performers in history is going to be a hell of a take.

Plot twist is that Jrue was actually 2nd option here most of the time.. there he's 4th or 5th with Pritchard and Unicorn there
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,355

Post#108 » by ackypoo » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:00 pm

didnt watch the game, but reading this thread...

i hate this team. id rather watch the 2012 bucks. at least then they had an excuse for playing terrible uninspired basketball.

the fact that this team is 2nd in the east is nothing more than a testament to how bad the east is.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks