ImageImage

PG New Orleans: Old, Unathletic Team Plays Like Old, Unathletic Team

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,958

Re: PG New Orleans: Old, Unathletic Team Plays Like Old, Unathletic Team 

Post#41 » by BUCKnation » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:58 am

Felt like we couldn’t give a f*** about this one early. Weve seen it so much this season, i turned it off.

Turned it on for the mid 4th to see zion getting the best whistle of all time. Fun stuff.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,671

Post#42 » by StickeeFingaz » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:59 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:Starters +/- is fine; got killed with Bobby and Pat on the floor.

Got killed in the 4th when Giannis didn't get any shots.

We won the third and fourth quarters though. Second quarter killed us.
#FreeChuckDiesel
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,529

Post#43 » by -Jragon- » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:04 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:I didn't notice Bev played 7 min...

He clanked 4 shots and took a seat.

Sorry I said it wrong and also didnt notice he played. I meant when healthy though with Bev..point is we haven't looked good without healthy Bev but when KM was out our D was pretty crisp
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant

Post#44 » by -Jragon- » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:07 am

The solution... which won't happen, is reducing km and other role players minutes when they aren't cooking and find some energy or hot shooting...having a tight rotation is helpful when those guys are hitting and defending well.. but when they arent...
ColeWorld23
Sixth Man
And1: 684

Post#45 » by ColeWorld23 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:07 am

RubberSoul wrote:This really is going to end up like the Packers Rodgers era. One title and a slowly eroding team. We are now in 2016 Packers territory with a singular great player surrounded by trash leading his team to a decent season with no chance to compete in the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My exact thoughts.
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant

Post#46 » by -Jragon- » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:08 am

ONLY GA and Dame should have a guaranteed number of minutes imo.. everyone else it should be based on game flow.. if we look slow... get AJJ and Green in
tsamo
Junior
And1: 160

Post#47 » by tsamo » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:09 am

We need to cut down on turnovers and especially bad passes.
We are way too lax and cute with the ball, especially Dame and Khris.

I'm curious to see Pelicans' points off our turnovers for tonight.
Edit:They had 17 points off 14 of our turnovers while we had 2 points off 7 of theirs.
That's the game right there.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,173

Post#48 » by DingleJerry » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:12 am

Just adding to the CJ is a chucker, bad D, can't win bum we wouldn't want folks from back when he came available. Goes to a mediocre team, keeps being solid and is the lead ballhander/PG on a team with the 5th ranked defense in the league and to win over 50 games.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,343

Post#49 » by HKPackFan » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:21 am

As the kids say these days.... Bucks are Mid.
#FreeChuckDiesel
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,098

Post#50 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:23 am

RubberSoul wrote:This really is going to end up like the Packers Rodgers era. One title and a slowly eroding team. We are now in 2016 Packers territory with a singular great player surrounded by trash leading his team to a decent season with no chance to compete in the playoffs

Eh, Packers had many more opportunities to add defensive help to get over the hump. Lot harder to do in the NBA, especially when you’ve won a title with Middleton and Lopez. You aren’t going to drop kick them to the curb.

And Giannis is a superstar in the wrong era. The prevalence of the three point shot neutralizes his greatness and skill set.

Feels like he will fit somewhere in the Moses/Hakeem legacy zone when it’s all said and done. And that may be about right.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Karsenmitsche
Junior
And1: 258

Post#51 » by Karsenmitsche » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:23 am

Awful effort from the Bucks, but this one got out of hand when Doc went to the Bev-Giannis lineup for a long stretch. He corrected it in the 2nd half playing Dame with the bench lineup at least.
"Ill never leave the city of Milwaukee till we build the team to a championship level"-Giannis
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,594

Post#52 » by Profound23 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:23 am

Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

Terry Stotts style of basketball
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,305

Post#53 » by fan230 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:37 am

Wooderson wrote:
BroncoBuck wrote:Beasley might be the least clutch shooter I have ever seen. He could be 8/10 from 3 on the night, but if there’s 1 minute left and the team needs a 3 he will brick the next 4 he takes.

Brook is going to get played off the floor in the playoffs.

Giannis needs to have the same energy and aggression in the 4th as he does in the 1st. He can’t blame it on Bud anymore.

Dame and Khris need to hit their shots.

Before the all-star break Giannis was a clear #1 in 4th quarter scoring at 8.4 points per 4th q. Since the ASG he's 26th.

They've clearly been more intentional about having Dame run the offense at the end of games. If they run PnR with Giannis, teams are usually packing the paint and forcing other dudes to shoot. If not, he's just off ball and cutting/rebounding a lot of the time.

Dame running the offense is a joke. The only useful thing he can do is to try long range shots and hope he hits enough of them to pat his left wrist. Quite useless.

Doc said today that we went away too much from Giannis after his hot 3rd quarter.
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,034

Post#54 » by mediocrityrules » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:47 am

fan230 wrote:
Wooderson wrote:
BroncoBuck wrote:Beasley might be the least clutch shooter I have ever seen. He could be 8/10 from 3 on the night, but if there’s 1 minute left and the team needs a 3 he will brick the next 4 he takes.

Brook is going to get played off the floor in the playoffs.

Giannis needs to have the same energy and aggression in the 4th as he does in the 1st. He can’t blame it on Bud anymore.

Dame and Khris need to hit their shots.

Before the all-star break Giannis was a clear #1 in 4th quarter scoring at 8.4 points per 4th q. Since the ASG he's 26th.

They've clearly been more intentional about having Dame run the offense at the end of games. If they run PnR with Giannis, teams are usually packing the paint and forcing other dudes to shoot. If not, he's just off ball and cutting/rebounding a lot of the time.

Dame running the offense is a joke. The only useful thing he can do is to try long range shots and hope he hits enough of them to pat his left wrist. Quite useless.

Doc said today that we went away too much from Giannis after his hot 3rd quarter.

Doc realizes that that's his fault right?
Circling calendars since 2021
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,305

Post#55 » by fan230 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:49 am

mediocrityrules wrote:
fan230 wrote:
Wooderson wrote:Before the all-star break Giannis was a clear #1 in 4th quarter scoring at 8.4 points per 4th q. Since the ASG he's 26th.

Doc realizes that that's his fault right?

I was hoping the same thing.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,314

Post#56 » by rilamann » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:49 am

The plot twist of the season to me is the fact that now in hindsight, had we stood pat and ran back with Jrue, Grayson & Bud, we probably would have had a considerably better shot at returning to the Finals this season.

I am not saying that I necessarily think we would have gotten back to the Finals had we stood pat.

But I do think we would have had a better shot at it than we do currently.

And of course you also have to keep in mind that if we don't trade Jrue, he doesn't end up on the Celtics.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 889

Post#57 » by pifhluk23 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:06 am

Good L. We want the 3 seed. Let the Knicks deal with Miami or 76ers.
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 889

Post#58 » by pifhluk23 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:08 am

rilamann wrote:The plot twist of the season to me is the fact that now in hindsight, had we stood pat and ran back with Jrue, Grayson & Bud, we probably would have had a considerably better shot at returning to the Finals this season.

I am not saying that I necessarily think we would have gotten back to the Finals had we stood pat.

But I do think we would have had a better shot at it than we do currently.

And of course you also have to keep in mind that if we don't trade Jrue, he doesn't end up on the Celtics.

Jrue one of the worst playoff performers in history and Grayson is taking the most wide open 3s by far of anyone in the league. The hot takes in game loss threads are so good.
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#59 » by smauss » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:24 am

If this team wants to make a deep playoff run, they need to start playing well and getting some momentum or I'm afraid the off season will come early. Regardless JH will be under tremendous pressure to get younger and more athletic. That is going to be a challenge indeed.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using RealGM mobile app
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,915

Post#60 » by Brewhoopfan » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:41 am

But, but, but...the shimmy. We love the shimmy!

Lebron knew. Looks like most Bucks fans will learn the hard way.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks