Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,002

Re: PG Memphis: Still Old, Slow, Disinterested, Pathetic 

Post#161 » by theFireBlanket » Thu Apr 4, 2024 9:53 pm

rilamann wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
rilamann wrote:Middleton's game looking like it has aged 10 years since 2021 is probably the biggest factor in why it's silly to compare this current team to the 2021 version. There are a bunch of reasons why it is silly, but that is probably reason #1.

You have to hold your breath and hope the guy isn't going to be out 4-6 weeks every time he falls down. He's physically incapable of playing B2Bs and looks he's running in quicksand when he actually can play.

I know, I am a pessimistic jerk because I live in reality.

i agree with you but we really dont know how these guys will be once the playoffs start. weve been a horrible disappointment for years in the playoffs but that one year we won can be used as an example for literally almost any season moving forward for why hope should live

all my posts are obviously being directed with the summer in mind but make no mistake i will be very hopeful if not optimistic about round one and on

I could see how it could give some people hope, but I think it's foolish.

To me, looking back at the 2021 season actually gives me less hope.

In 2021 the Bucks did look pretty meh in the regular season, I will admit that, and then they did end up winning the championship.

But the chances of a team that looks meh for most the regular season winning the championship is pretty slim, and the Bucks just did it. Which means the odds of them doing it again 3 years later is minuscule.

I haven't been following the NBA as long as you have, been I have been following long enough to know that the team who wins the championship. Usually isn't the team that is losing back to back games to tanking teams 2 weeks before the playoffs.

We'll see.

Miami went to the Finals last year after doing it. Jimmy Butler was shooting crazy to close out the regular season though.

In the Bucks situation Giannis is cooking but really when isn't he?
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,784

Post#162 » by emunney » Thu Apr 4, 2024 10:00 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
rilamann wrote:Middleton's game looking like it has aged 10 years since 2021 is probably the biggest factor in why it's silly to compare this current team to the 2021 version. There are a bunch of reasons why it is silly, but that is probably reason #1.

You have to hold your breath and hope the guy isn't going to be out 4-6 weeks every time he falls down. He's physically incapable of playing B2Bs and looks he's running in quicksand when he actually can play.

i agree with you but we really dont know how these guys will be once the playoffs start. weve been a horrible disappointment for years in the playoffs but that one year we won can be used as an example for literally almost any season moving forward for why hope should live

all my posts are obviously being directed with the summer in mind but make no mistake i will be very hopeful if not optimistic about round one and on

Just have to point out that in each of the last two years, Boston was the top SRS team in the league (like this year). Two years ago, they lost in the Finals, but won in the semis and ECF in 7 games. Last year they advanced in 6 and 7 games before losing to the Heat.

I would say that if you looked at the period of time the Bucks have been good, the only team that hasn't regularly disappointed is Miami, and it's largely because they've been so damn plain in the regular season. That to me shows that it isn't a problem with any given team, it's a problem with expectations. We've grown up on the idea that top seeds are way better than everybody else because that used to be true, but we've gradually moved from no salary cap at all to a hyper punitive luxury tax and talent has dispersed throughout the league. What you have now is teams that are built for the 82 game grind separating themselves *for the 82 game grind*, and then, when every game becomes meaningful, everybody coagulating.

The year we won it, both 1 seeds lost in the 2nd round. The next year, 1 of them made it to a conference finals (the other lost in the 2nd round). Last year, we lost in the 1st round and the Nuggets won it. But the West 2 and 3 seeds also lost in the 1st round.

The Lakers won 43 games and made the WCF -- LeBron and AD missed a lot of games, but they weren't even that good when those guys played. This year they're the 9th seed and there isn't a more optimistic fanbase in the league. LeBron is **** 39 years old. But if they get hot, they can beat anybody. Same goes for us.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,654

Post#163 » by ShootingtheJ » Thu Apr 4, 2024 11:01 pm

Aged like improved? His rate stats are identical, except assists, which are up.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,697

Post#164 » by blazza18 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 11:35 pm

Read on Twitter
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
ANTETOKOUNBROS
Starter
And1: 1,618

Post#165 » by ANTETOKOUNBROS » Fri Apr 5, 2024 12:49 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Massively untrue. He literally scored 50 in the deciding Finals game as a bow.

you just repeated the most common misunderstanding of the board.....and there are definitely outliers thats why i said repeat champions.

but giannis is in fact an arrow. not a bow.

undeniably giannis doesnt make teams good all on his own and he doesnt make players around him better. bud did that in his time here to the best degree that he could but the one season aside we have been a playoff disappointment, never really all tht close, and a huge disappointment against our regular season success. and now that giannis is calling the shots he needs a player who can lead him because coaches wont be able to do that anymore. he is his own coach now and the results reflect that

its hard even to hold dame accountable with what i see. stotts walked away from the mess he saw and that will never be lost on me as it relates to dame. dame was forced here to play for giannis coach and there was cancer here when he arrived. its complicated by things we may never even fully understand.

so make no mistake as pp25 said giannis is a shaq. an undeniable instrument of war.... but a mess if hes calling the shots and taking on the leadership role of a championship contender

You, nor I, know anything definitive, because we haven't seen the Bucks in the playoffs post- Bud. I can't even begin to imagine another coach coaching a series as poorly as Bud did last year, and I was previously a Bud apologist.

Any suggestion that Giannis is uncoachable is unfounded and factless.

Bud apologizes to you for having his brother die during the series and coaching anyways.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,048

Post#166 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Apr 5, 2024 1:01 am

emunney wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

Just have to point out that in each of the last two years, Boston was the top SRS team in the league (like this year). Two years ago, they lost in the Finals, but won in the semis and ECF in 7 games. Last year they advanced in 6 and 7 games before losing to the Heat.

I would say that if you looked at the period of time the Bucks have been good, the only team that hasn't regularly disappointed is Miami, and it's largely because they've been so damn plain in the regular season. That to me shows that it isn't a problem with any given team, it's a problem with expectations. We've grown up on the idea that top seeds are way better than everybody else because that used to be true, but we've gradually moved from no salary cap at all to a hyper punitive luxury tax and talent has dispersed throughout the league. What you have now is teams that are built for the 82 game grind separating themselves *for the 82 game grind*, and then, when every game becomes meaningful, everybody coagulating.

The year we won it, both 1 seeds lost in the 2nd round. The next year, 1 of them made it to a conference finals (the other lost in the 2nd round). Last year, we lost in the 1st round and the Nuggets won it. But the West 2 and 3 seeds also lost in the 1st round.

The Lakers won 43 games and made the WCF -- LeBron and AD missed a lot of games, but they weren't even that good when those guys played. This year they're the 9th seed and there isn't a more optimistic fanbase in the league. LeBron is **** 39 years old. But if they get hot, they can beat anybody. Same goes for us.

solid post and all fair enough. we will see. hope im wrong on all of this just as ive been hoping id be wrong since this summer when this seasons story started
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,920

Post#167 » by Plossum » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:23 am

I think the key for us in the Playoffs is whether our malaise this year is a result of guys being past it or just not trying consistently enough.

If it's the former, we're screwed. The latter, we have a chance if we can start to give a **** consistently and are hitting our shots.
#LockUpChuck
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,944

Post#168 » by Perishable517 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:53 am

StickeeFingaz wrote:Team seems better when Giannis sits vs when Dame sits.
Well yeah, no point guard.

Sent from my CPH2417 using RealGM mobile app
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,679

Post#169 » by StickeeFingaz » Fri Apr 5, 2024 11:30 am

Perishable517 wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:Team seems better when Giannis sits vs when Dame sits.
Well yeah, no point guard.

Sent from my CPH2417 using RealGM mobile app

Sure, but when Giannis sits we’re missing a top three player in the world…

So is Dame more important to the team than Giannis?

Also, Giannis is some sort of point forward when he’s on the floor. He still initiates a decent amount when both he and Dame play.

I wasn’t expecting the team to be so **** when Dame sits.
#FreeChuckDiesel
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,654

Post#170 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Apr 5, 2024 11:33 am

ANTETOKOUNBROS wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
you just repeated the most common misunderstanding of the board.....and there are definitely outliers thats why i said repeat champions.

but giannis is in fact an arrow. not a bow.

undeniably giannis doesnt make teams good all on his own and he doesnt make players around him better. bud did that in his time here to the best degree that he could but the one season aside we have been a playoff disappointment, never really all tht close, and a huge disappointment against our regular season success. and now that giannis is calling the shots he needs a player who can lead him because coaches wont be able to do that anymore. he is his own coach now and the results reflect that

its hard even to hold dame accountable with what i see. stotts walked away from the mess he saw and that will never be lost on me as it relates to dame. dame was forced here to play for giannis coach and there was cancer here when he arrived. its complicated by things we may never even fully understand.

so make no mistake as pp25 said giannis is a shaq. an undeniable instrument of war.... but a mess if hes calling the shots and taking on the leadership role of a championship contender

You, nor I, know anything definitive, because we haven't seen the Bucks in the playoffs post- Bud. I can't even begin to imagine another coach coaching a series as poorly as Bud did last year, and I was previously a Bud apologist.

Any suggestion that Giannis is uncoachable is unfounded and factless.

Bud apologizes to you for having his brother die during the series and coaching anyways.

How about the terrible coaching before the incident?
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,040

Post#171 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Apr 5, 2024 1:38 pm

blazza18 wrote:
Read on Twitter

But what about his eFG inside or overall? Or his charge rate? Idk seems like poking holes on something we don't want him doing anyways, especially if Dame and midds are healthy
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,697

Post#172 » by blazza18 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 11:22 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
blazza18 wrote:
Read on Twitter

But what about his eFG inside or overall? Or his charge rate? Idk seems like poking holes on something we don't want him doing anyways, especially if Dame and midds are healthy

Part of the reason we got over the hump and won a title was because Giannis hit jump shots in the biggest moment of his career. We're not winning another one if it's broken.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks