ImageImage

PG Toronto: InGen lab meltdown, Raptors run wild

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

WeMajor34
Ballboy
And1: 34

Re: PG Toronto: InGen lab meltdown, Raptors run wild 

Post#61 » by WeMajor34 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 4:27 am

Doc being forced to play Andre is indicative of the problems surrounding this roster. We need some passion and energy out there. I understand the occasional game happens when the vets let go of the rope and call it a night but it’s become increasingly concerning with each passing game. Back to back to back losses to bottom feeding teams is just inexcusable.

I get the “wait until the playoffs” fan mindset but when the team is phoning it in, I can’t get on that wavelength. I think the team might be trying to tell us something through their recent play but I still have some belief in us being able to do something this year. It’s just been uninspiring as of late and we look older, slower, and more disorganized each game.

A “Flip That Switch” chant could overtake “B-O-B-B-Y” soon
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,881

Post#62 » by Matches Malone » Sat Apr 6, 2024 4:51 am

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,114

Post#63 » by midranger » Sat Apr 6, 2024 4:56 am

BroncoBuck wrote:
midranger wrote:Reminder, we lost in 5 in the first round last year, and then got a year older.

Bud or no Bud, trajectory was not up.

Giannis missed most of the series and wasn’t nearly the same when he returned*

Yes. However, two years before that, the bucks closed out the ECF without giannis and then won the championship with him rocking a week old severe hyperextension. They weren’t getting gentlemen sweeped at home to a play in team.

The trend line is the trend line.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
ColeWorld23
Sixth Man
And1: 699

Post#64 » by ColeWorld23 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 5:14 am

blazza18 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Jon Horst. You will pay for your crimes brother.

our star(s) put a gun to his head man

I blame the STAR on the team a lot more than others (I know you do too) but Horst is the one who has messed up both coaching hirings this season, and watched the team get older while completely overrating what they bring to the table.

Not to mention this whole “Bucks Culture” Horst talked about, nothing but complacency and living off 2021.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,192

Post#65 » by FrieAaron » Sat Apr 6, 2024 5:29 am

midranger wrote:
BroncoBuck wrote:
midranger wrote:Reminder, we lost in 5 in the first round last year, and then got a year older.

Yes. However, two years before that, the bucks closed out the ECF without giannis and then won the championship with him rocking a week old severe hyperextension. They weren’t getting gentlemen sweeped at home to a play in team.

Last year's Miami team was better than that ATL team
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,312

Post#66 » by fan230 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 6:15 am

I couldn’t see today’s game. So, what happened? Why are the Bucks suddenly losing game after game to weak teams? Only a few weeks back they were playing normally; something seems to be broken suddenly. Any insights at this sudden change? It is not as if the team grew old in a week! I am mystified.

There has to be something that has fundamentally been knocked askew suddenly, but what could it be?

Any insights?
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,192

Post#67 » by FrieAaron » Sat Apr 6, 2024 6:21 am

fan230 wrote:I couldn’t see today’s game. So, what happened? Why are the Bucks suddenly losing game after game to weak teams? Only a few weeks back they were playing normally; something seems to be broken suddenly. Any insights at this sudden change? It is not as if the team grew old in a week! I am mystified.

There has to be something that has fundamentally been knocked askew suddenly, but what could it be?

Any insights?

Can't ignore that every game has been without one of Dame/Giannis. Outside of that, just serious sleepwalking. Lots of looking checked out of the regular season. This second half though at least had a really good second half run for Ajax. Will be interesting to see if we look more focused against the better teams coming up, hopefully with the big three getting some more games together
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,312

Post#68 » by fan230 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 6:25 am

If we lose in the first round, which looks like a distinct possibility, we would have fired Bud not only for no gain but also for a complete breakdown of team spirit and performance.

If this happens, getting Bud back seems to be the only answer to handle a desperate situation. Oh why did we think the grass is greener on the other side while firing Bud?
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,036

Post#69 » by mediocrityrules » Sat Apr 6, 2024 6:34 am

ColeWorld23 wrote:
blazza18 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
our star(s) put a gun to his head man

I blame the STAR on the team a lot more than others (I know you do too) but Horst is the one who has messed up both coaching hirings this season, and watched the team get older while completely overrating what they bring to the table.

Not to mention this whole “Bucks Culture” Horst talked about, nothing but complacency and living off 2021.

That is Bucks culture. That and 'one and done' when it comes to the playoffs.
Circling calendars since 2021
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,248

Post#70 » by Sigra » Sat Apr 6, 2024 8:09 am

fan230 wrote:I couldn’t see today’s game. So, what happened? Why are the Bucks suddenly losing game after game to weak teams? Only a few weeks back they were playing normally; something seems to be broken suddenly. Any insights at this sudden change? It is not as if the team grew old in a week! I am mystified.

Any insights?

end of regular season for veteran team that is #2 (and wouldnt mind being #3). players try to avoid injuries and think about playoffs only. therefore they dont play hard.
their oponents are teams already eliminated from playoffs and have nothing to lose. they have only few games left and give 100%

I dont know. its like people on this forum are new to NBA
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,164

Post#71 » by RiotPunch » Sat Apr 6, 2024 8:28 am

Sigra wrote:

Any insights?

end of regular season for veteran team that is #2 (and wouldnt mind being #3). players try to avoid injuries and think about playoffs only. therefore they dont play hard.
their oponents are teams already eliminated from playoffs and have nothing to lose. they have only few games left and give 100%

I dont know. its like people on this forum are new to NBA

The truth lies somewhere in the middle. I do tend to agree with you here, though.

No Giannis/Dame/Khris continuity aside, there is no excuse for dropping 3 in a row versus WAS/MEM/TOR. That said, these teams are playing at a level of looseness that we cannot fathom at the moment. We are clearly not taking these teams seriously and dig holes too deep to get out of.

This team has a high ceiling and a low floor, highly dependent on the functionality/consistency/motivation from our Big 3. Dudes like rilamann doing victory laps before the playoffs even start is just laughable, albeit very much expected. Yeah, we could flame out early and prove the suspicions of fraudulence correct, but until then they are just suspicions. This team healthy and motivated can pose serious problems to opposing teams, even the mighty Celtics. I believe that even after this turbulent week.

So yeah, "talk to me in April." That doesn't mean April 5th, it means April 20-somethingth.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,685

Post#72 » by BroncoBuck » Sat Apr 6, 2024 11:46 am

midranger wrote:
BroncoBuck wrote:

Yeah, it’s not like the Hawks best player also got hurt that series. Not to mention the absurd coaching disparity between Nate McMillan and Spo lol.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,955

Post#73 » by Jez2983 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 12:11 pm

Ha ha **** I'm lucky I was super busy today. We are going to have to turn this team round 360 degrees.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 903

Post#74 » by pifhluk23 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 12:27 pm

jschligs wrote:0.1% chance this team makes it to a conference finals. 50% chance we make it out of first round.

23% to win East and 11% to win championship currently.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,049

Post#75 » by theFireBlanket » Sat Apr 6, 2024 12:35 pm

Jez2983 wrote:Ha ha **** I'm lucky I was super busy today. We are going to have to turn this team round 360 degrees.

Trade for J. Kidd, yup. :beer:

That's where I'm at either physically or spiritually. Til fully healthy, trying or playoffs.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,050

Post#76 » by Neuromancer56 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 12:44 pm

fan230 wrote:If we lose in the first round, which looks like a distinct possibility, we would have fired Bud not only for no gain but also for a complete breakdown of team spirit and performance.

If this happens, getting Bud back seems to be the only answer to handle a desperate situation. Oh why did we think the grass is greener on the other side while firing Bud?

Beforehand we could threaten the team that a poor playoff run will result in the punishment that we're going to bring Griff back next year.
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,050

Post#77 » by Neuromancer56 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 12:49 pm

I was making the case on another board that Doc was better than Griff, but they pointed out that with Griff we were beating the crappy teams. I really couldn't argue with that. Doc may be more intelligent, and more experienced than Griff, but he's possibly actually getting worse results than Griff. I can't wrap my head around it. About the only thing I have is that we were missing Giannis or Dame, but there were games that Griff was missing Giannis and we still won. Maybe teams are scouting us better and know how to defend us better?
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,960

Post#78 » by stillgotgame » Sat Apr 6, 2024 12:53 pm

At least Doc played the young guys. This was a win in my book.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,613

Post#79 » by JayMKE » Sat Apr 6, 2024 1:42 pm

Griff had no redeeming qualities, he just had an easier schedule. We suck because the roster tho, doesn't matter who we have coaching its still not going to be good enough.
FREE GIANNIS
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,711

Post#80 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Apr 6, 2024 1:43 pm

Doc finally limiting Beasley's minutes. Horst's biggest mistake was not dumping him for 2nd or 2. At this point he's not worth even having on the roster.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks