PG Knicks: Mouth Trama

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,553

Re: PG Knicks: Mouth Trama 

Post#201 » by -Jragon- » Mon Apr 8, 2024 7:55 pm

Sigra wrote:
emunney wrote:Did somebody already say Khris only lost a tooth because he's too lazy and out of shape to move his mouth out of the path of Donte's fist?

Here in Bosnia/Serbia/Croatia we have a saying:

"kome je sudjeno da bude jeban, same mu gace spadaju"

;)

In boxing the ref tells you protect yourself at all times.. you don't just belly up to people for rebounds.... box out and claim your position and area and then go for the ball... so yeah it's lazy, sloppy, no basketball fundamentals... idk he had a dude pushing right through his back
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,310

Post#202 » by fan230 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 8:27 pm

Maybe we will improve. Never imagined at the beginning of this season, that we would be in this situation in April.

This is a lesson that every potential trade mix needs to be carefully assessed in terms of effects on both offense and defense. Also no coach should be fired unless the team management assesses the likely available new coach and the coach’s coaching philosophy ( we don’t ever want a coach who tries to put a square peg in a round hole: veteran players to be super aggressive in defense with a completely different positioning than what they have been used to. I do remember AG saying that he will only make changes at the margins since this was a championship caliber team, but he didn’t keep his word), and the team knows at least 2 coaches are available who would be a good fit with the team. We got Doc coz he was the only decent coach left.

Bad decisions made in player trade and coach acquisition.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,402

Post#203 » by trwi7 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 9:54 pm

emunney wrote:Did somebody already say Khris only lost a tooth because he's too lazy and out of shape to move his mouth out of the path of Donte's fist?

Too lazy to brush his teeth at least twice a day. If he did, they would be stronger and stay in.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant

Post#204 » by -Jragon- » Tue Apr 9, 2024 12:14 am

You guys saying it's a mistake we paired Dame/GA aren't proven correct. With Kobe/Shaq their needed to be a lot of intervention and coaching from zen master plus improving their role players to solid 3 and D guys.. our setback was that we couldn't keep our solid 3 and D guys AND get Dame (likely because km was ineligible to trade)..

Be honest though.. it's easier to find more 3 and D guys than it is to get another Dame. We even got one at the trade deadline. And not having a real coach set us back too so they didn't really learn how to play together most of the year.
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant

Post#205 » by -Jragon- » Tue Apr 9, 2024 12:17 am

Even Shaq and Wade didn't win it the 1st year after that trade.. same thing.. needed strong coaching intervention to make it work and to replenish the surrounding talent they lost in the trade
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant

Post#206 » by -Jragon- » Tue Apr 9, 2024 12:19 am

It's good to have the urgency feeling every year to win.. just the interpretation you guys are making is off... Dame and Giannis with a good 2 man game and all 3 and D guys is still a chip
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 948

Post#207 » by Lippo » Tue Apr 9, 2024 2:06 am

rilamann wrote:
Brewhoopfan wrote:Look at what Brunson did for NY's offense last night. The Bucks did everything to stop him and the end result was easy Hartenstein floaters and wide open Donte 3s. Supposedly, the Bucks have 2 players at/above Brunson's level and the offense is still crap.

JFC was it stupid to put in AJJ to pressure Brunson at half court. The Knicks just screened him with a big which gave Brunson 20 feet of runway to go at Brook. Even Griffin thought that was dumb.

Imagine how bad of a coach you have to be to make winning a game look this hard when you have Giannis & Dame.

Even Adrian Griffin went 30-13.

Doc is so bad it's almost oddly entertaining.

Doing the math Doc has a losing record then…. 17-18…. Crazy degree of fail
ANTETOKOUNBROS
Starter
And1: 1,618

Post#208 » by ANTETOKOUNBROS » Tue Apr 9, 2024 2:32 am

Horst will be fired this offseason.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,446

Post#209 » by GoldenAntlers » Tue Apr 9, 2024 2:42 am

Win one round and they can win the chip.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,310

Post#210 » by fan230 » Tue Apr 9, 2024 5:22 am

I don’t recall the urgent need of pick and roll for Jrue or Bledsoe while playing with Giannis. Why has it become so important for Dame, I wonder.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,246

Post#211 » by Sigra » Tue Apr 9, 2024 6:31 am

GoldenAntlers wrote:Win one round and they can win the chip.

Thats too much but I do think if we win 1st round we will win 2nd round for sure.

We will either lose in 1st round or in East finals IMO.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,102

Post#212 » by RiotPunch » Tue Apr 9, 2024 6:43 am

fan230 wrote:I don’t recall the urgent need of pick and roll for Jrue or Bledsoe while playing with Giannis. Why has it become so important for Dame, I wonder.

I can't tell if this is serious?
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant

Post#213 » by -Jragon- » Tue Apr 9, 2024 6:14 pm

ANTETOKOUNBROS wrote:Horst will be fired this offseason.

Lol nope
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,784

Post#214 » by emunney » Tue Apr 9, 2024 9:52 pm

I think there's a very good chance. Not sure where the line is but I'd be surprised if he's here next year if they don't make the ECF at minimum. My suspicion is that Doc was hired to be coach if it works out, and will be shifted up to POBO if it doesn't. Then we get another cheap, first time coach.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,446

Post#215 » by GoldenAntlers » Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:24 am

Sigra wrote:
GoldenAntlers wrote:Win one round and they can win the chip.

Thats too much but I do think if we win 1st round we will win 2nd round for sure.

We will either lose in 1st round or in East finals IMO.
I think after locking in for an entire series and winning it, that would be enough to truly believe in themselves. Like a breath of relief. Not saying that I expect a championship after a first round win, but at that point I don't see why they couldn't tangle with anybody, focused and healthy.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu

Return to Milwaukee Bucks