theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,002

Re: PG Knicks: Mouth Trama 

Post#181 » by theFireBlanket » Mon Apr 8, 2024 3:20 pm

-Jragon- wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:
No but clumsy and soft players tend to get most of the rare bad luck injuries and are always the whining/complaining victim instead of the aggressor.

Connaughton, the clumsy softy.

To me he's more mechanical than clumsy but yeah, similar results because you end up just a little out of position and your face is right into people's arms and elbows. Beas and Portis are mechanical too but usually they end up 5 ft from a player so they don't get hit lol

Was a pretty weird shot from Donte last night if you watch back. He didn't do anything to provoke that. He's in position for a potential rebound.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#182 » by Chapter29 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 3:26 pm

Coach sucks. We knew that. Easily should have kept Bud and would bring him back in 1 second if that was a possibility.

Dame sucks..... That was a surprise to me at least. Sitting at 127th in the league for 3pt shooting % and 5th in shots per game. Not going to win many games with that % / usage. Zero chemistry with Giannis with 4 games to go. Who woulda guessed that?

The only hope we have is somehow Dame gets hot. Not very likely. Is he washed up? Or just having the Milwaukee / Divorce Blues?
Giannis
is
UponUs
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,552

Post#183 » by -Jragon- » Mon Apr 8, 2024 3:27 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:
Connaughton, the clumsy softy.

To me he's more mechanical than clumsy but yeah, similar results because you end up just a little out of position and your face is right into people's arms and elbows. Beas and Portis are mechanical too but usually they end up 5 ft from a player so they don't get hit lol

Was a pretty weird shot from Donte last night if you watch back. He didn't do anything to provoke that. He's in position for a potential rebound.

I saw the play several times and explained it.. KM had a person behind him and instead of boxing out, bending his knees, etc.. he just stood in the pile of people like a 12 year old playing hustle at the park and let the forward momentum lead him straight into Donte like he was trying to box out Donte from the front with his front. Position my a$$; that's soft playing
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,727

Post#184 » by jimmybones » Mon Apr 8, 2024 3:31 pm

j_hilge444 wrote:
jimmybones wrote:Every year there are "paper tiger" contenders that somehow and sometimes through smoke and mirrors find themselves in a high seed while no one actually thinks they are a legit threat. I don't know if I've ever seen a team with two "superstars" end up with the second most wins in their conference yet be a team no one fears or takes seriously as a contender.

Dame is clearly no longer a superstar.

I don't know what's going on with him but not a single person would have typed this sentence this summer.
MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,376

Post#185 » by MoreTrife » Mon Apr 8, 2024 3:47 pm

j_hilge444 wrote:
jimmybones wrote:Every year there are "paper tiger" contenders that somehow and sometimes through smoke and mirrors find themselves in a high seed while no one actually thinks they are a legit threat. I don't know if I've ever seen a team with two "superstars" end up with the second most wins in their conference yet be a team no one fears or takes seriously as a contender.

I've already been picturing the playoffs...

Dame at top of the key, isoing some good defender, crossing through his legs back and forth going nowhere, everyone else standing around, no ball movement, for a late shot clock step back fade 3 CLANG! as we go down 18 in the third... :evil:
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,727

Post#186 » by jimmybones » Mon Apr 8, 2024 3:51 pm

MoreTrife wrote:
j_hilge444 wrote:

I've already been picturing the playoffs...

Dame at top of the key, isoing some good defender, crossing through his legs back and forth going nowhere, everyone else standing around, no ball movement, for a late shot clock step back fade 3 CLANG! as we go down 18 in the third... :evil:

BANG, Lillard buries from the logo making him 2 for his last 13 as the Bucks cut the lead under 20!
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,397

Post#187 » by HKPackFan » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:12 pm

emunney wrote:We need some hard and fast rules for the playoff rotation.

1. At least one of Giannis and Brook always on the floor.
2. At least one of Dame and Khris always on the floor.
3. Pat C. only plays while Giannis plays.
4. Bobby and Pat C. never play together.

Anybody else have some?

More green less beas
#FreeChuckDiesel
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,144

Post#188 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:36 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Number of people keep talking about playoff seeding. The reality is our seed is irrelevant.

Bucks playoff success or lack of it, is completely within their control, not related to the specifics of opponent.

Agree but if Boston plays 76ers/Heat in a 7 game series round 1 and we beat the Magic/Knicks/Cavs in 6 with a couple blowouts in there... There is definitely a preferred scenario. The more intense the games and the longer the series = higher injury chance + fatigue.

Last week I would have entertained the seeding and matchup discussion. But at this point we decided to make the leap into the water from the Titanic deck. Any lifeboat we can swim to works.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,735

Post#189 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:42 pm

This team is still so weirdly reliant on Khris being that 3rd offensive creator and ISO scoring safety valve. I guess it kinda makes sense when the role-players are bricking open shots, but the Giannis/Dame two-man game shouldn't look this bad no matter who you put around them.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,685

Post#190 » by chonestown » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:43 pm

The Bucks are abysmal, frankly, and this sucks. However, I can't help but think this is adversely affecting online gambling purveyors like Fandool and UBetcha. It takes the edging off is what I have to say about that.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
JonHeist
Junior
And1: 573

Post#191 » by JonHeist » Mon Apr 8, 2024 5:05 pm

fan230 wrote:Unless Dame plays like the superstar in the playoffs, i think we should try to trade him. Perhaps we can get someone like Dejounte Murray.

if we trade for Murray we'll all hate him and want to trade him within 20 games
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,149

Post#192 » by BigO » Mon Apr 8, 2024 5:17 pm

-Jragon- wrote:It's going to be a long summer sports wise.. I only know like 3 players on the Brewers right now

I can't tell you anyone's name on the Brewers, but I can tell you the entire 1957 Milwaukee Braves lineup without looking:

Billy Bruton CF
Del Crandall C
Eddie Mathews 3B
Hank Aaron RF
Joe Adcock 1B
Johnny Logan SS
Red Schoendienst 2B along with Felix Mantilla
Bobby Thompson or Wes Covington LF

Warren Spahn P
Lou Burdette P
Bob Buhl P
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,310

Post#193 » by fan230 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 5:17 pm

JonHeist wrote:
fan230 wrote:Unless Dame plays like the superstar in the playoffs, i think we should try to trade him. Perhaps we can get someone like Dejounte Murray.

if we trade for Murray we'll all hate him and want to trade him within 20 games

Possibly true. Reason is our championship window is small, the width of Giannis’ prime.
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,149

Post#194 » by BigO » Mon Apr 8, 2024 5:23 pm

HKPackFan wrote:
emunney wrote:We need some hard and fast rules for the playoff rotation.

1. At least one of Giannis and Brook always on the floor.
2. At least one of Dame and Khris always on the floor.
3. Pat C. only plays while Giannis plays.
4. Bobby and Pat C. never play together.

Anybody else have some?

More green less beas

I don't mind those rules, but I'd make them even stricter:

1) Giannis, Dame and Khris always on the floor except for 5 minutes each game
2) Beasley only on the floor if for some reason the other team leaves him open. Otherwise, go the whole way with Beverley
3) Go only three deep in rotation: Portis, PC and Beverley. Crowder has been horrific and PC not much better.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,735

Post#195 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Apr 8, 2024 5:24 pm

The whole point of the Murray interest at the deadline was to pair him with Dame, not in place of him. This board would be twice as depressing after a whole season of Murray hijacking the offense to do his dumb inefficient mid-ranger crap. We'd be right back at square one in the playoffs (having to grind out any and every series because the half-court offense **** sucks).
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,919

Post#196 » by Brewhoopfan » Mon Apr 8, 2024 6:23 pm

Look at what Brunson did for NY's offense last night. The Bucks did everything to stop him and the end result was easy Hartenstein floaters and wide open Donte 3s. Supposedly, the Bucks have 2 players at/above Brunson's level and the offense is still crap.

JFC was it stupid to put in AJJ to pressure Brunson at half court. The Knicks just screened him with a big which gave Brunson 20 feet of runway to go at Brook. Even Griffin thought that was dumb.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,246

Post#197 » by Sigra » Mon Apr 8, 2024 6:56 pm

emunney wrote:Did somebody already say Khris only lost a tooth because he's too lazy and out of shape to move his mouth out of the path of Donte's fist?

Here in Bosnia/Serbia/Croatia we have a saying:

"kome je sudjeno da bude jeban, same mu gace spadaju"

;)
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,319

Post#198 » by rilamann » Mon Apr 8, 2024 7:13 pm

Brewhoopfan wrote:Look at what Brunson did for NY's offense last night. The Bucks did everything to stop him and the end result was easy Hartenstein floaters and wide open Donte 3s. Supposedly, the Bucks have 2 players at/above Brunson's level and the offense is still crap.

JFC was it stupid to put in AJJ to pressure Brunson at half court. The Knicks just screened him with a big which gave Brunson 20 feet of runway to go at Brook. Even Griffin thought that was dumb.

Imagine how bad of a coach you have to be to make winning a game look this hard when you have Giannis & Dame.

Even Adrian Griffin went 30-13.

Doc is so bad it's almost oddly entertaining.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,174

Post#199 » by DingleJerry » Mon Apr 8, 2024 7:29 pm

Brewhoopfan wrote:Look at what Brunson did for NY's offense last night. The Bucks did everything to stop him and the end result was easy Hartenstein floaters and wide open Donte 3s. Supposedly, the Bucks have 2 players at/above Brunson's level and the offense is still crap.

And think, that's how teams guard Dame basically every time down the floor and somehow we're struggling to get a good offense around it. You described what Por did on the last ten years to the tune of top offenses every year.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,552

Post#200 » by -Jragon- » Mon Apr 8, 2024 7:50 pm

Last night I think I gave my girl mouth trauma..... took me like a whole day plus to think of that one

Return to Milwaukee Bucks