ImageImage

PG Knicks: Mouth Trama

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,746

Re: PG Knicks: Mouth Trama 

Post#101 » by msiris » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:20 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:heres the issues with this team vs previous...

1. top 5 coach to coaching fiasco.
2. demolition of the mojo in the lockerroom.
3. fall off of brogdon/ddv/allen to beasley
4. significant fall off of players 6-10 from previous versions
5. khris lack of availabilty
6. dame being a good player instead of great by any measure just not being enough to counter 1-5

issues for the future....

1. zero assets
2. old
3. all 3 stars huge injury risk game to game
4. high but false expectations affecting effort

fixes

1. stick with what we got and ride it out as long as giannis doesnt ask out. wed still be a solid enough playoff team each year and maybe thats enough for him.
2. blow it up all the way

im not going to say half way retools or mini resets because thats what weve been doing and at this point were just going to keep regressing with that model. were not going trade old vets falling off a cliff for young guys unless there is significant risk and whichever vets remain wont stand for that so it isnt even an option
As far as Midds staying healthy it's not all that surprising. That's why I wanted to move from him. He is too slow for the current Nba game. Brook too. Bobby is too much of a tweener.
Ride the tank
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,180

Post#102 » by theFireBlanket » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:20 am

fan230 wrote:
WeMajor34 wrote:They either aren’t as good as we thought they were going to be or they aren’t confident in their ability to handle Philly-Miami-Indiana in the first round and want to get a lower seed.

If they’re not putting in as much effort or simply don’t care enough about these games to get a lower seed and avoid a team in the first round, the basketball gods won’t be too happy. This team should not care about who they face, especially in the first round, the following rounds aren’t going to be any easier.

Altogether this stretch has been very concerning and frankly embarrassing for a team that is trying to contend this year.

The Bucks are not trying to lose to get better positioning. They are completely unable to win with this coach- player combination.

First we need 2 starting guards who are not sieves in defense. So we have to get away from Dame and Beas. Green is not that much better offensively than Beas but better in defense.

We need Khris to get and remain healthy; else we will probably lose every remaining game.

I watched Dame closely today; his offense was extremely ordinary at best. He was no threat.

Doc’s very common answer is essentially, I don’t know. He is out of his depth even though he is an experienced coach.

Dame has had a largely underwhelming year.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Karsenmitsche
Junior
And1: 271

Post#103 » by Karsenmitsche » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:21 am

jschligs wrote:For all the Donte guys, yes, I'd love to have him. But he didn't want to stay at that price. S***, he left the kings and signed a min at GS. His rising was completely out of nowhere.

The Grayson contract is what sealed it. But I don’t think the front office factored in enough that he wasn’t going to get much in free agency. Also Pat having business ties to the ownership group left Donte as the odd man out of that trio. But the correct decision making process would have been to keep Grayson+Donte.
"Ill never leave the city of Milwaukee till we build the team to a championship level"-Giannis
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,999

Post#104 » by Plossum » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:21 am

When has a big trade had a more disappointing outcome than the Bucks and Dame?

Dwight in LA? KD/Kyrie/Harden in Brooklyn?

edit: I still say the Dame trade was the right thing to do. He should've been a great fit here but it just isn't working.
#LockUpChuck
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,356

Post#105 » by rilamann » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:23 am

VooDoo7 wrote:
rilamann wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:Man I hated Streetlife. Back in the early 2000's, every time they'd play Lenny Kravitz's "Fly Away" I'd punch my friend sitting next to me. Usually happened 2-3 times/game, or so it felt like it.

This is hilarious, mostly because I totally remember street life playing fly away 2-3 times a game as well....lol.

ALWAYS. They single-handedly made me hate Lenny Kravitz.

Poor Lenny, he probably gets hate when he comes to Milwaukee and has no clue why.

It's not your fault, Lenny.

:lol:
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#106 » by fan230 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:23 am

We are likely to be the 6th seed. Think about that.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,746

Post#107 » by msiris » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:26 am

Plossum wrote:When has a big trade had a more disappointing outcome than the Bucks and Dame?

edit: I still say the Dame trade was the right thing to do. He should've been a great fit here but it just isn't working.
Gary Payton¿¿¿¿
Ride the tank
rilamann
RealGM

Post#108 » by rilamann » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:27 am

Going to be hilarious when the Celtics are 66-16 and then the #2 seed is 48-34.

I think I just saw somewhere that the biggest gap in wins between a #1 seed and a #2 seed is 16 games and it happened back in the 70s.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,952

Post#109 » by jschligs » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:27 am

This was our 4th game with all 3 guys in 29 games. That's the sliver of hope.
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#110 » by fan230 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:27 am

I am beginning to think that dame wants to be traded from the Bucks. I had mentioned about his body language in the preseason. It wasn’t a particularly appealing suggestion. I have never seen a star player coming to a new team look so disinterested.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,315

Post#111 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:28 am

Plossum wrote:When has a big trade had a more disappointing outcome than the Bucks and Dame?

Ray for GP.

No, Jrue isn’t Ray, but the sheer level of assets we gave up for a guy whose body language is bad.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,180

Post#112 » by theFireBlanket » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:30 am

fan230 wrote:I am beginning to think that dame wants to be traded from the Bucks. I had mentioned about his body language in the preseason. It wasn’t a particularly appealing suggestion. I have never seen a star player coming to a new team look so disinterested.

I have wondered if I'm imagining seeing him say "i can't wait to get out of here" on the court. Would prefer that's all in my mind.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
rilamann
RealGM

Post#113 » by rilamann » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:34 am

fan230 wrote:I am beginning to think that dame wants to be traded from the Bucks. I had mentioned about his body language in the preseason. It wasn’t a particularly appealing suggestion. I have never seen a star player coming to a new team look so disinterested.

I got the "Dame doesn't want to be here" vibes in like the 4th game of season. Something definitely seemed off about him.

Dame in a Bucks uniform has looked a guy being forced to do something he doesn't want to do pretty much since day 1.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,189

Post#114 » by MissKhriddleton » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:34 am

Another awful weather day, another disappointing game. Gonna be in the 60s all week and then 70s next weekend. We’re all good.
Karsenmitsche
Junior
And1: 271

Post#115 » by Karsenmitsche » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:34 am

He tried to force himself onto the heat and it backfired, he wanted to stay with portland if he couldn’t go there.
"Ill never leave the city of Milwaukee till we build the team to a championship level"-Giannis
rilamann
RealGM

Post#116 » by rilamann » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:36 am

That block party at Fiserv when Dame first arrived in Milwaukee seems like 3 years ago.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,999

Post#117 » by Plossum » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:36 am

If Dame really has been pouting/dogging it since he got here then he's truly a losing player. This is the best spot he could've hoped for to get a title.

I'd like to believe he's just not in a good space with his divorce etc and has had trouble adjusting to a new system where everything isn't built around him.
#LockUpChuck
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,758

Post#118 » by chonestown » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:37 am

Mike Tyson as Sidney Pottier in "They Call Me Mr. Thibs."
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
FireStreetlifeNow
Pro Prospect
And1: 131
Location: At a brewpub somewhere in SE Wisconsin or SW Michigan

Post#119 » by FireStreetlifeNow » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:39 am

VooDoo7 wrote:
rilamann wrote:
FireStreetlifeNow wrote:Once again, who cares. They've never won anything and never will. Bango >>>> Bernie. Giannis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Yount

Sent from my SM-S901U1 using Tapatalk

In spite of all this.

At least your screen name still makes me smirk every time I read it.

Easily a top 5 screen name on this board since I've been here....lol.

Man I hated Streetlife. Back in the early 2000's, every time they'd play Lenny Kravitz's "Fly Away" I'd punch my friend sitting next to me. Usually happened 2-3 times/game, or so it felt like it.

Widely regarded as the best house band in the NBA. With a catalog of seven songs your friend is probably still sore. Though right now I'd love to hear them play Celebration as there's not much to celebrate.

FireStreetlifeNow
Pro Prospect
And1: 131
Location: At a brewpub somewhere in SE Wisconsin or SW Michigan

Post#120 » by FireStreetlifeNow » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:40 am

rilamann wrote:
FireStreetlifeNow wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Brewers are 6-2.
Once again, who cares. They've never won anything and never will. Bango >>>> Bernie. Giannis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Yount

In spite of all this.

At least your screen name still makes me smirk every time I read it.

Easily a top 5 screen name on this board since I've been here....lol.
Maybe a little harsh on the Brewers comments but this Bucks team has me on my last nerve!

Return to Milwaukee Bucks