MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,620

Re: PG Celtics - Win 

Post#121 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:05 pm

Giannis injury update discussion:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2358487&start=1340
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,654

Post#122 » by ShootingtheJ » Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:10 pm

The Bucks definitely don't fear the Celtics.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,158

Post#123 » by JimmyTheKid » Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:58 pm

The Wet Whistle wrote:I missed the game but was there really only a total of free throws taken all game? My God it must have been beautiful to watch

I attended. The game was, in fact, beautiful. Stayed for the entirety and walked out at 8:36PM. Yes, there were fouls missed. I think a lot of it had to do with the female ref making a bad blocking call early, which was challenged and rightfully overturned, and swallowing her whistle for the rest of the game. It was almost like she was shaken up. But from a spectator's perspective the flow of the game was glorious. More of this please.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,685

Post#124 » by chonestown » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:38 pm

FWIW, the "lab" that I retire to when not On Here is only for posting, and not medical, research.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,059

Post#125 » by Siefer » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:46 pm

Hopefully we have enough runway for Giannis to get right. Our play against top teams continues to be the reason for positivity. We've slowly minimized the weak links, and that will be even more pronounced soon. Even with Giannis and Dame often being worse than the sum, our starting group continues to be really good.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,727

Post#126 » by jimmybones » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:01 pm

Fotis St wrote:2nd year Giannis gets injured late cause he carries Khris weight throughtout the season.

All this Dame talk here is so mainstream.
Khris health is the problem, his athleticism is horrible, by the time he is available, others gets injured and the team loses its chemistry with his comeback.

Anyway there is no point to get into deep talks. I am just surprised Khris gets a free ticket for not taking care of his body while on a 30+ mil contract. At least Dame is available and tries to fit in.
Dame >> Khris
Dame Top 75 , Future Hall of Famer ... Khris not even a clear Hall of Famer even though he has won one. Anyway whatever, the problem is I barely remember Khris playing anymore.

Yeah, he should have taken better care of his body so he could hover in the air until Durants foot moved so he could land gently and not roll his ankle. Unbelievable, Khris
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,734

Post#127 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:20 pm

+10.1 net-rating vs. Boston this season, and that's with Giannis missing an entire game plus most of the 2nd half of this one. Does it mean anything? Maybe....I don't know....not really? But we certainly know how some posters here would be reacting if the roles were reversed, especially when they were also fresh off getting embarrassed by Miami the previous postseason. A whole lotta "forget the regular season, these guys are frauds" and "they're not scared of us" takes.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,782

Post#128 » by emunney » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:30 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:+10.1 net-rating vs. Boston this season, and that's with Giannis missing an entire game plus most of the 2nd half of this one. Does it mean anything? Maybe....I don't know....not really? But we certainly know how some posters here would be reacting if the roles were reversed, especially when they were also fresh off getting embarrassed by Miami the previous postseason. A whole lotta "forget the regular season, these guys are frauds" and "they're not scared of us" takes.

It doesn't mean much, but nothing in these games has disabused me of the idea that we're an uncommonly rough matchup for them.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,002

Post#129 » by theFireBlanket » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:39 pm

emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:+10.1 net-rating vs. Boston this season, and that's with Giannis missing an entire game plus most of the 2nd half of this one. Does it mean anything? Maybe....I don't know....not really? But we certainly know how some posters here would be reacting if the roles were reversed, especially when they were also fresh off getting embarrassed by Miami the previous postseason. A whole lotta "forget the regular season, these guys are frauds" and "they're not scared of us" takes.

It doesn't mean much, but nothing in these games has disabused me of the idea that we're an uncommonly rough matchup for them.

Matchup is definitely appearing advantage Bucks but they haven't thrown Al at Giannis yet.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,782

Post#130 » by emunney » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:47 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
emunney wrote:

Matchup is definitely appearing advantage Bucks but they haven't thrown Al at Giannis yet.

Can't wait for Al Horford's weirdly attached sister to watch Giannis eat him up.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,499

Post#131 » by old skool » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:56 pm

If the net rating predicts the future, that future would foretell "Celtics in 7".
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,337

Post#132 » by KidA24 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:12 pm

emunney wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:
emunney wrote:

Can't wait for Al Horford's weirdly attached sister to watch Giannis eat him up.

For some reason my brain throught, "Al Horford has a conjoined twin?"

And now it's in your brain too.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”

Return to Milwaukee Bucks