PG Celtics - Win

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

skones
RealGM
And1: 17,262

Re: PG Celtics - Win 

Post#101 » by skones » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:52 am

humanrefutation wrote:
steger_3434 wrote:So docs concern is high and jez concern seems low. No idea what to think.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

It's okay. We've received the definitive word - from a former Buck, no less:

Read on Twitter

FWIW, I walked on mine when I did it, but more a peg leg situation. You don't push over your toes, your brain tells you to, and instead you don't have any push there, so you roll your toes instead. It looks to me like Giannis does that going into the locker room. Do we have video of him leaving?

The true silver lining in his going down is that he never focused at the back of the leg.

The bad, how often do we see non contact injuries that turn out to be super minor in the NBA? The conclusion usually ain't cramps.
skones
RealGM

Post#102 » by skones » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:53 am

emunney wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:Guessing no one wants to hear me interject that my buddy had "that injury" and walked around on it with barely a limp for about two weeks before he had surgery.

I didn't even see what happened. I just think we gotta actually wait and hear.

If it was an Achilles', Shams would have made the "Bucks officials fear..." tweet by now.

no lasrys
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,576

Post#103 » by RogerMurdock » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:57 am

Matches Malone wrote: but don't most injuries that need imagining

We're all imagining all sorts of injuries right now.
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 1,013

Post#104 » by Ryan5UW » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:05 am

ESPN saying right now this is one of the things Dame dealt with last year.

ETA: “this” = soleus
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
Reddeye
Bench Warmer
And1: 271

Post#105 » by Reddeye » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:07 am

Read on Twitter
skones
RealGM

Post#106 » by skones » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:16 am

The best example of hunky dory when it comes to something like this was Marcus Smart in 21, or that's the one that comes to mind. Full on visible pop and it kept him out a month and 10 days.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,071

Post#107 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:27 am

Reddeye wrote:
Read on Twitter

No offense but any doctor who thinks he can correctly diagnose someone to the extent of strain over cramp based on a 2 second video seem irreputable to me.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,635

Post#108 » by Profound23 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:48 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
Reddeye wrote:
Read on Twitter

No offense but any doctor who thinks he can correctly diagnose someone to the extent of strain over cramp based on a 2 second video seem irreputable to me.

Could be that mixed with the recent hamstring/Achilles injuries. The doctor is taking it all into account and giving his best hypothesis.

He can have 10 days off if it's needed. Just need our big three healthy please.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,955

Post#109 » by Jez2983 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:02 am

steger_3434 wrote:So docs concern is high and jez concern seems low. No idea what to think.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

I'm currently sitting at my computer eating a sandwich. And I haven't watched it, let alone looked at it in front of me. Generally walking off is a good sign, but a good sign is not a diagnosis. Even if he wasn't on crutches that's another good sign.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,191

Post#110 » by humanrefutation » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:04 am

Read on Twitter
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,955

Post#111 » by Jez2983 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:06 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
Reddeye wrote:
Read on Twitter

He's not diagnosing though, he's just saying what he expects it to be. I would agree with what he's said, off the basis of the information I have available, which is this video. Physical testing, talking to Giannis, getting an MRI are all additional pieces of information which allow a better targeting of the specific diagnosis.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,457

Post#112 » by HKPackFan » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:31 am

Bucks positives:

#1 Beas benched!!!
#2 bev starting made the defense look so much better!!
#3 bucks end losing streak.
#4 bucks by tonight's win, avoid the playin even if they lose the rest of the regular season games.
#5 bucks can still play up to the competition not just play down.
#6 the bucks defeated the greatest team in the history of sports!
#FreeChuckDiesel
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,273

Post#113 » by wco81 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:04 am

The usual reaction to an Achilles tear is a player thinking he was kicked in the lower leg from behind.

When Kobe tore his, he asked Klay Thompson if he kicked him. Klay was around but hadn’t made contact with Kobe on the play.

When KD got a calf strain in the first round of the playoffs, he did a baseline jumper from the right side and turned around and looked behind him. There was nobody there.

He didn’t try to play until the Finals, like Game 4 or over a month out. He didn’t even last 10-15 minutes in that game before he tore it for good.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,164

Post#114 » by RiotPunch » Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:15 am

I don't know ****, but he wasn't pinching his achilles tendon like Durant was, this was higher up. Soleus seems accurate based on where he was checking himself out.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,164

Post#115 » by RiotPunch » Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:21 am

tonyreyes123 wrote:Dame still sucks

Talk to me in Maypril.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,916

Post#116 » by Fotis St » Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:26 am

2nd year Giannis gets injured late cause he carries Khris weight throughtout the season.

All this Dame talk here is so mainstream.
Khris health is the problem, his athleticism is horrible, by the time he is available, others gets injured and the team loses its chemistry with his comeback.

Anyway there is no point to get into deep talks. I am just surprised Khris gets a free ticket for not taking care of his body while on a 30+ mil contract. At least Dame is available and tries to fit in.
Dame >> Khris
Dame Top 75 , Future Hall of Famer ... Khris not even a clear Hall of Famer even though he has won one. Anyway whatever, the problem is I barely remember Khris playing anymore.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,509

Post#117 » by old skool » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:15 am

Giannis' injury looked horrible. Slowly jogging and he falls to the floor like a sack of potatoes. Grabs his ankle (high) or calf. Tries to get up, but eases back to the floor, lying on his back. Waits for help to get up - Lopez and Thanasis carry him off the floor, struggling to support him.

The only encouragement was that 30 seconds or so after the fall, he began heading back to the locker room under his own power, albeit with a pronounced limp. Thanasis did not even consider staying on the bench, following Giannis all the way.

I took it as a positive sign that Thanasis returned to the bench in time for a few seconds of playing time at the end of the game.

I appreciate everyone's intentions, but the undying need for instant analysis by fans is brutal. The only analysis that matters is what we will hear tomorrow.
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,576

Post#118 » by RogerMurdock » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:06 am

Fotis St wrote:2nd year Giannis gets injured late cause he carries Khris weight throughtout the season.

All this Dame talk here is so mainstream.
Khris health is the problem, his athleticism is horrible, by the time he is available, others gets injured and the team loses its chemistry with his comeback.

Anyway there is no point to get into deep talks. I am just surprised Khris gets a free ticket for not taking care of his body while on a 30+ mil contract. At least Dame is available and tries to fit in.
Dame >> Khris
Dame Top 75 , Future Hall of Famer ... Khris not even a clear Hall of Famer even though he has won one. Anyway whatever, the problem is I barely remember Khris playing anymore.

You're not asked this enough: what in the hell are you talking about?
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,706

Post#119 » by ShootingtheJ » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:13 am

Doc made the right call moving on from Crowder and Gallinari. Now he needs to do the same with Beasley. Beas makes the 2nd unit worse, And Green is clearly better.

All the Bucks defended well last night except Beas, who was a turnstile.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,613

Post#120 » by JayMKE » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:13 am

Way too many arm chair diagnoses

I remember when KD tore his achilles you could literally see it snap
FREE GIANNIS

Return to Milwaukee Bucks