RealGM
And1: 36,784

Re: PG Orlando: Bucks Dominate 

Post#41 » by emunney » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:30 pm

WeMajor34 wrote:
emunney wrote:
midranger wrote:Such a strange season

<taps the sign>

emunney wrote:Once again I am reminding you that the season is long and things change fast.

Over the course of my Bucks and NBA fandom, I don't think a team matches up with that sentiment more. If this team plays well, they can beat anyone. They hold their own destiny in their hands. Yesterday's win was an encouraging one. The wins against the Magic and Celtics have been good palate cleansers. Hopefully they keep it up throughout this last stretch. Team confidence needs to grow for this upcoming first round, regardless of the matchup.

Yeah, I agree with mid (and you) that this season has been exceptionally strange.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,397

Post#42 » by HKPackFan » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:30 pm

Moar patbev, less beas.

It's crazy it took this long but also a relief it's happening before the playoffs start.
#FreeChuckDiesel
kanyon
Junior
And1: 226

Post#43 » by kanyon » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:47 pm

HKPackFan wrote:Moar patbev, less beas.

It's crazy it took this long but also a relief it's happening before the playoffs start.

It's so weird. Streaky scorers usually occupy that 6th man type role. Why'd it take so long to figure out, even after getting Bev? Also, Bev isn't redundant, brings that energy and defense... and he's not that bad of a 3 point shooter--shooting them as good as Brook and he takes a ton per game.
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#44 » by skbucks1985 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:31 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:
Plossum wrote:So I think we're all but locked into the 2/3 seed unless we lose both remaining games and the Cavs/Knicks win all their remaining games (in which case we'd drop to 4th).

Is the lowest we can drop a 4th seed?

Yes. And we have the tiebreaker with the Knicks

I think this is all right with regards to the 2 seed tiebreakers:

Bucks have the tiebreaker over the Knicks and would have the 3-way tiebreaker if the Knicks, Bucks and Cavs all finished tied (best combined record vs the other 2). And Cavs have the tiebreaker over the Bucks because they'd have the better division record.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,173

Post#45 » by FrieAaron » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:34 pm

skbucks1985 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:

Is the lowest we can drop a 4th seed?

Yes. And we have the tiebreaker with the Knicks

Bucks have the tiebreaker over the Knicks and would have the 3-way tiebreaker if the Knicks, Bucks and Cavs all finished tied (best combined record vs the other 2). And Cavs have the tiebreaker over the Bucks because they'd have the better division record.

So the only way we drop to 4th is if we end up tied with the Cavs at 49-33 AND the Knicks finish with 50 wins.
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#46 » by skbucks1985 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:54 pm

FrieAaron wrote:
skbucks1985 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Yes. And we have the tiebreaker with the Knicks

So the only way we drop to 4th is if we end up tied with the Cavs at 49-33 AND the Knicks finish with 50 wins.

Yeah. I was wondering if there was any way the Bucks could clinch the 2 seed before they took the court tomorrow (the answer is no), but the Knicks could eliminate themselves from the conversation if they lose tonight.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,622

Post#47 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:59 pm

Celtics have a bunch of guys listed as questionable. They could partially punt like they did against us or completely punt.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,553

Post#48 » by -Jragon- » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:17 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:Pat Bev's stats as a starter this year are in line with Jrue's this year, but we won't have to give him a $135 million extension.

Be nice to lock him up.. there are a few variables. Bev probably wants to show his playoff vibes before signing and we might be nervous about that surgery.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,277

Post#49 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:22 pm

A game like this just reminds me how frustrating it is that Giannis and Dame still haven't figured out how to play together.
Do it for Chuck
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,553

Post#50 » by -Jragon- » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:43 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:A game like this just reminds me how frustrating it is that Giannis and Dame still haven't figured out how to play together.

There's more dynamic with them now than pre-doc though. My expectations right now are to get out of the 1st round and hopefully it sparks some beasts and they can carry our weak role players. The off-season will be big for Horst in how he can get more consistent shooters that can also defend.
emunney
RealGM

Post#51 » by emunney » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:47 pm

Anybody understand why Wagner's foul on Pat from behind on a breakaway was neither clear path nor a flagrant?
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,735

Post#52 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:57 pm

emunney wrote:Anybody understand why Wagner's foul on Pat from behind on a breakaway was neither clear path nor a flagrant?

I understand why it wasn't a clear path. Should have 100% been a flagrant though, especially given Wagner's history of dirtbag ****.
emunney
RealGM

Post#53 » by emunney » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:59 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
emunney wrote:Anybody understand why Wagner's foul on Pat from behind on a breakaway was neither clear path nor a flagrant?

I understand why it wasn't a clear path. Should have 100% been a flagrant though, especially given Wagner's history of dirtbag ****.

Why wasn't it a clear path?
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,777

Post#54 » by bucksfansince88 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:04 pm

HKPackFan wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:Washington just reached a 6 on the dick teammate scale.

Why?

The entire FF is excited about thanasis getting into the game, Washington gets a fast break and thanasis is open waiting near a hoop, but gets ignored as tyty misses the layup and gets fouled.

Talk about not reading the room, everyone was ready for a thunderous thanasis dunk. Such a letdown, the final point of the game would have been awesome. :nonono:

wasnt that livingston
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,777

Post#55 » by bucksfansince88 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:04 pm

-Jragon- wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:A game like this just reminds me how frustrating it is that Giannis and Dame still haven't figured out how to play together.

There's more dynamic with them now than pre-doc though. My expectations right now are to get out of the 1st round and hopefully it sparks some beasts and they can carry our weak role players. The off-season will be big for Horst in how he can get more consistent shooters that can also defend.

I feel like Horst is done after this season, I could be wrong though.
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,729

Post#56 » by CharityStripe34 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:29 pm

-Jragon- wrote:

Dame also didn't do any training in the off-season in the anticipation of a trade. He's basically been playing himself into shape.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,735

Post#57 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:52 pm

emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:

Cuz it was as Pat was going up for the shot. I don't know if that's how they define it in the rulebook, but I don't think they wanna open up a can of worms with overly penalizing anyone that fouls going for a chase-down block/contest.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,654

Post#58 » by ShootingtheJ » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:33 pm

bucksfansince88 wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:

I feel like Horst is done after this season, I could be wrong though.

Fire the GM after winning his 2nd ship?
emunney
RealGM

Post#59 » by emunney » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:45 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:

Cuz it was as Pat was going up for the shot. I don't know if that's how they define it in the rulebook, but I don't think they wanna open up a can of worms with overly penalizing anyone that fouls going for a chase-down block/contest.

What you said made sense, and I also have now looked up the rule and one of the criteria of a play that can be reviewed for clear path is that it deprives the team of an opportunity to score. Obviously didn't do that since Pat took and made the shot.
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,506

Post#60 » by Milbucks96 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:06 pm

I think it’s as simple as fit and spacing. Dame doesn’t have enough spacing to drive with Giannis on the floor. Dame is smaller Harden and his drives set up everything else for him. It’s about 3 drives a game where he just stops and shoots a mid ranger or gets stuffed at the rim because Giannis defender ignores him at the 3 point line.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks