Game 82: Bucks at Magic - 4/14/23 - Noon - BSWI Alternate

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,988

Game 82: Bucks at Magic - 4/14/23 - Noon - BSWI Alternate 

Post#1 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:47 pm

171 days since the ridiculously long NBA season began with a one point win over Philly.

Brewers are on the main BSWI channel, Bucks on the alternate.

There is no doubt the Bucks want #2 and HC for 2 rounds (Giannis willing) but

“Listen, we’d love to get the two seed — we have to win a game,” Rivers said. “So, that’s at play. But let’s just say Sunday, if Dame wasn’t right, we’re not gonna play him. Otherwise, something happens there and you’re in a lot of trouble. We want the two seed. There’s no doubt about it. But we want to be healthy, too.”

“You’re gonna face somebody good in the playoffs, no matter what,” Middleton said. “No matter if it’s the first round, second round, Eastern Conference Finals, (NBA) Finals. There’s no easy path. We learned that in the past before, winning it and also losing it, so just gotta be prepared for anybody that we play.”

I'm guessing Dame will be listed as questionable when the initial injury report comes out later this afternoon.

All the scenarios are being discussed in other threads but here is the definitive chart

Go Bucks
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: Game 82: Bucks at Magic - 4/14/23 - Noon - BSWI Alternate 

Post#2 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:39 pm

Dame is probable
Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,390

Post#3 » by Gant » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:38 pm

As of this moment, according to ESPN's match up predictor the Bucks have a 24.6% chance of winning, which seems a bit harsh.

ESPN gives the Hawks a better chance against Indiana, and the Nets a better chance against Philly. The Bulls, Hornets and Raptors have lower chances. All six favored teams are at home.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#4 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:42 pm

We whipped them Wednesday without Giannis but they're good at home. And we suck on the road this season.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,635

Post#5 » by SupremeHustle » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:47 pm

This is a playoff game. At least that's how I'm looking at it. Let's see how for real our guys take it.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,065

Post#6 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:56 pm

I have no expectations anymore. Go team.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,722

Post#7 » by chonestown » Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:17 pm

Hammonds got us Dame, have too give it up to him
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#8 » by Profound23 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:42 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:I have no expectations anymore. Go team.

I always thought I was one of the biggest Bucks fans.

This season has proved me wrong. I have more apathy towards this team that back in the days of deciding who was our best player between Blue Edwards or Erik Murdock.

Don't know if it's the coaching which has been horrible, the lackluster performances from everyone not named Giannis, the recent annual injuries that pop up right around playoff time, the horrible officiating in most games, or this forum but I just care enough to watch.

Guess it's good that a loss no longer ruins my day like it used to. I'm going to miss Giannis when he is gone, don't know if we will ever have a player who performs every night like he does. Trying to appreciate him while we got him.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,182

Post#9 » by MissKhriddleton » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:12 pm

Profound23 wrote:

This season has proved me wrong. I have more apathy towards this team that back in the days of deciding who was our best player between Blue Edwards or Erik Murdock.

Don't know if it's the coaching which has been horrible, the lackluster performances from everyone not named Giannis, the recent annual injuries that pop up right around playoff time, the horrible officiating in most games, or this forum but I just care enough to watch.

Guess it's good that a loss no longer ruins my day like it used to. I'm going to miss Giannis when he is gone, don't know if we will ever have a player who performs every night like he does. Trying to appreciate him while we got him.

I think it’s contender fatigue for most of us. We’ve seen great regular season teams come up short 3 times now. We’ve seen a great regular season team flame out in the first round. And then we saw a good regular season turn into a championship. How do you come up with the energy to care for anything but the playoffs after all that?

After last year and now this year being just plain weird, we’re all bracing for another first round exit. But if we make it out of round 1 and are heading into game 3 against Boston after a 1-1 split, everyone is going to be hyped and it’s going to be a great **** time.
Profound23
RealGM

Post#10 » by Profound23 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:22 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:
Profound23 wrote:

I think it’s contender fatigue for most of us. We’ve seen great regular season teams come up short 3 times now. We’ve seen a great regular season team flame out in the first round. And then we saw a good regular season turn into a championship. How do you come up with the energy to care for anything but the playoffs after all that?

After last year and now this year being just plain weird, we’re all bracing for another first round exit. But if we make it out of round 1 and are heading into game 3 against Boston after a 1-1 split, everyone is going to be hyped and it’s going to be a great **** time.

That and the fact we traded for one of the best players in the game and he obviously doesn't care.

I've given him a lot of grace because of his recent divorce and being away from his kids but eventually that only gets you so far. I'm totally prepared for him to force his way out and return back to form while playing somewhere in Cali.

I will be hyped in the playoffs no matter what....I just can't seem to care if we are the 2 seed or the 4th seed. And I'm tired....so fu**ing tired of facing the opposing teams and the refs.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,837

Post#11 » by blazza18 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:36 pm

Grateful the season is coming to an end. Tired of these dudes not giving a **** every other night.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#12 » by BigO » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 pm

I get posters don't like the roller coaster, but I kind of like it, especially since I think I understand it.

The idea that the players don't care or that Dame doesn't care is such a lazy analysis.

To me, it's pretty simple. Sports is a game of players. When the Bucks have their best players on the court, they are one of the best teams in the league. When they don't, they're average or below. It's really that simple.
Profound23
RealGM

Post#13 » by Profound23 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:21 am

BigO wrote:I get posters don't like the roller coaster, but I kind of like it, especially since I think I understand it.

The idea that the players don't care or that Dame doesn't care is such a lazy analysis.

To me, it's pretty simple. Sports is a game of players. When the Bucks have their best players on the court, they are one of the best teams in the league. When they don't, they're average or below. It's really that simple.

I hope you're right. I know Dame has always had a nonchalant attitude, but it really feels like his heart isn't in it.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#14 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:36 am

The reason he wanted a trade was to go to a contender and win a ring. It's time to **** or get off the pot.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,510

Post#15 » by GoldenAntlers » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:00 am

Noon? Man. Probably gonna miss it, but maybe not. I wanna see how this season concludes.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,065

Post#16 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:03 am

Profound23 wrote:
MissKhriddleton wrote:
Profound23 wrote:

That and the fact we traded for one of the best players in the game and he obviously doesn't care.

I've given him a lot of grace because of his recent divorce and being away from his kids but eventually that only gets you so far. I'm totally prepared for him to force his way out and return back to form while playing somewhere in Cali.

I will be hyped in the playoffs no matter what....I just can't seem to care if we are the 2 seed or the 4th seed. And I'm tired....so fu**ing tired of facing the opposing teams and the refs.

I'm not like out on the team or anything, I just can't muster together the unsubstantiated hype I had for them most of the season. Our stars aren't gelling like you'd like, I'm not out on Dame nor do I think he "doesn't care" or whatever but he might have slowed a step to the guy we thought we were getting, I don't really think we did enough at the deadline and still might be a guy short. I think pretty much any team that will be in the playoffs could take us, but also I think we could take anyone if we play up to the potential we've seen. I just don't have any expectations anymore. I could see Dame playing amazing just as I could see him playing poor. Same with Khris and everyone else outside of maybe Giannis. I don't think Doc is an idiot or anything but also I don't have the greatest confidence in him either. All in all this season for really the first time since like 2017(?) I have no expectations on this team, just gunna ride it out and hope.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,921

Post#17 » by Prez » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:08 am

I just need to see the team healthy in the playoffs. I can accept a playoff loss if they're fully healthy and just get outplayed, but losing another playoff series with a critical piece out entirely or at least partially out/hobbled for the rest (Khris in 22, Giannis in 23) would be beyond infuriating.

To Baddy's point, at full strength we can lose to anyone, but also can beat anyone. I just want to know for sure though. But it's looking like this **** calf injury for 34 and possible groin injury to Dame might kill that.
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,054

Post#18 » by Neuromancer56 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:33 am

Prez wrote:I just need to see the team healthy in the playoffs. I can accept a playoff loss if they're fully healthy and just get outplayed, but losing another playoff series with a critical piece out entirely or at least partially out/hobbled for the rest (Khris in 22, Giannis in 23) would be beyond infuriating.

To Baddy's point, at full strength we can lose to anyone, but also can beat anyone. I just want to know for sure though. But it's looking like this **** calf injury for 34 and possible groin injury to Dame might kill that.
That's why I'd prefer they rest everyone that isn't 100%. Seeding means nothing to me at this point because it's all just a crapshoot anyway.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,495

Post#19 » by HKPackFan » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:19 am

Must win!!!!

Do it for the seed.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Karsenmitsche
Junior
And1: 269

Post#20 » by Karsenmitsche » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:32 am

im one of the few optimistic people here. but when you look at having the best 5 man lineup in the nba, how we’ve played against every contender this year, and having the best player in every series. we’re going to be hard to beat in the playoffs. i also think the giannis injury can potentially be a positive with the rest it seems he’s desperately needed.

the bit about dame not trying, when you listen to his recent press conferences you can tell how excited he is about the playoffs coming. he’s been waiting his whole career for an opportunity to win it all, and sacrificed everything to do it. he’s going to give everything he has.

this might be one of the last real shots we have at a title for a long time, gotta enjoy the ride.
"Ill never leave the city of Milwaukee till we build the team to a championship level"-Giannis

Return to Milwaukee Bucks