PG Magic - Loss

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,319

Re: PG Magic - Loss 

Post#41 » by rilamann » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:31 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:
rilamann wrote:After we fired Griffin, all we had to do to have a 50 win season was go 20-19.

But we went 19-20.

That's pretty bad...lol.

Prunty was 2-1 I think.

Maybe we should have just rolled with Prunty.

Horst, already probably pissed because he wanted Nurse to begin with should have went full Bill O'Reilly after firing Griffin and been like...**** it, we'll roll with Prunty. **** IT! WE'LL ROLL WITH PRUNTY!! **** GUY (Doc) SUCKS!!

Lol.

This is pretty embarrassing and hilarious that you fire a 30-13 coach and the coach you replace him with proceeds to go 17-19. Everyone is laughing at us.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,872

Post#42 » by fansinceforever » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:34 pm

msiris wrote:The difference between our 3rd seed championship run this year is our road reord is gross.

... There's more differences than some of us would like to admit about that season and this one.
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,035

Post#43 » by mediocrityrules » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:49 pm

I'm so glad I missed this one
Circling calendars since 2021
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant

Post#44 » by mediocrityrules » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:11 pm

I assume that we have to wake up a whole lot of posters around here who have been asleep (i.e., "wake me up when the playoffs start").

I don't think they'll like what they see when they wake up.

This team has no switch to flick. It's going to live and die by how well Giannis can put all of us on his back when he gets back on the court, if he gets back on the court in time.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,178

Post#45 » by FrieAaron » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:31 pm

This wasn't a very fun second half, so I spent most of the fourth quarter thinking about how that speech after 3 from Oppenheimer that Melanie reported on must have went:

"Come on, guys. How many times have we been down 9 this season? A lot. A **** lot. Too much, probably, but that's not the point. The point is in all those times we were down 9 did we end up losing the game? No. Not every time. Sometimes we won them. Better than any other team that routinely go down 9 points even. Now let's go out there and snatch victory from the jaws of defeat again!"
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,037

Post#46 » by Neuromancer56 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:37 pm

When I saw the score I assumed we rested Dame and Middleton. Oof.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,955

Post#47 » by Jez2983 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:46 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:Should we have an Indy lead-up thread or use this one? I want to hear everyone's thoughts.

I'll say what I said before we lost to the Heat last year - we can lose to anyone, and realistically beat anyone. I'm probably less concerned about the record than most, I'm more concerned about how we play. Trading Jrue traded this team's heart. I look at our starting 5 and it needs to be different. Dame, Mids and Giannis are fine. Maybe Pat Bev is another starter, but he's old. Realistically, I think we need to shuffle our non Dame and Giannis starters completely, we need some dynamic defenders who can hit a three and are smart players. Possibly we have the assets for this, need some creative trades.

Finally, I think unless we make the ECF, Horst is gone.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,457

Post#48 » by steger_3434 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:20 am

The fact that doc is getting ridden harder than dame is insane. Dame straight up sucks. I think derozan is a better than him

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
ReddoverKobe
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,919

Post#49 » by ReddoverKobe » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:28 am

Jez2983 wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:Should we have an Indy lead-up thread or use this one? I want to hear everyone's thoughts.

I'll say what I said before we lost to the Heat last year - we can lose to anyone, and realistically beat anyone. I'm probably less concerned about the record than most, I'm more concerned about how we play. Trading Jrue traded this team's heart. I look at our starting 5 and it needs to be different. Dame, Mids and Giannis are fine. Maybe Pat Bev is another starter, but he's old. Realistically, I think we need to shuffle our non Dame and Giannis starters completely, we need some dynamic defenders who can hit a three and are smart players. Possibly we have the assets for this, need some creative trades.

Finally, I think unless we make the ECF, Horst is gone.

Yep. Not to be negative but I think they are losing in round one with the injuries they have.

Now will see what Dame says and does in the offseason, if he really wants to be here. If he does I think anyone can go now besides Giannis, but there needs to be some changes.
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 868

Post#50 » by Epicurus » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:28 am

Wonka wrote:Dame is good when he’s interested. He’s not interested in Milwaukee. Think it’s going to be a one and done, and the Jrue Holiday hindsight is going to kick in HEAVY for some of our posters.
I have no idea of Dame's regard of Milwaukee, but having watched every one of his games in his first 9 years, I know Dame is a competitor who values winning highly. The notion that he is some moody slacker is preposterous. He has proven repeatedly to be a very special offensive talent in a system that has faith in him and geared to that special offensive talent.
Wonka
General Manager
And1: 4,779

Post#51 » by Wonka » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:05 am

Epicurus wrote:
Wonka wrote:Dame is good when he’s interested. He’s not interested in Milwaukee. Think it’s going to be a one and done, and the Jrue Holiday hindsight is going to kick in HEAVY for some of our posters.
I have no idea of Dame's regard of Milwaukee, but having watched every one of his games in his first 9 years, I know Dame is a competitor who values winning highly. The notion that he is some moody slacker is preposterous. He has proven repeatedly to be a very special offensive talent in a system that has faith in him and geared to that special offensive talent.

Never said he was a moody slacker. He’s clearly nowhere near his best and he’s on the most talent rich team he’s ever been on. This should’ve been his easiest, most efficient season on offense. Why are we still making excuses up for him?
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant

Post#52 » by mediocrityrules » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:55 am

Epicurus wrote:

If that's the case that there is no excuse, then he's clearly just past it now. We traded for a guy that is clearly on a downward trajectory.

It's not like he's not getting many shots in our system. He gets to shoot plenty, and with less attention than previous years. He's just shooting really, really badly (for him). Either there's a reason for it, or he's just not that guy anymore.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,246

Post#53 » by Sigra » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:28 am

Dame has good on-off numbers. Better than Giannis in that regard.

We are disaster when he is on bench.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,610

Post#54 » by JayMKE » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:44 am

Doesn’t matter why Dame has underperformed, he’s just not the guy we need and costs way too much money and I don’t think there is any logical reason for it to improve. He’s gonna need a crazy playoffs or his rep is going to take a big hit. Would rather still have Jrue & Bud, there were other options but we did have a championship core now we don’t.

Gotta blow it up n reload in a way that keeps Giannis happy, might need to put Kostas or Alexis on the roster lol
FREE GIANNIS
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,661

Post#55 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:55 am

JayMKE wrote:Doesn’t matter why Dame has underperformed, he’s just not the guy we need and costs way too much money and I don’t think there is any logical reason for it to improve. He’s gonna need a crazy playoffs or his rep is going to take a big hit. Would rather still have Jrue & Bud, there were other options but we did have a championship core now we don’t.

Gotta blow it up n reload in a way that keeps Giannis happy, might need to put Kostas or Alexis on the roster lol

Dame has a actually been awesome against top teams which is exactly what we need. If we still had Bud and Jrue, our title window would be closed. We basically still have Jrue though, in Pat Bev.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,987

Post#56 » by sidney lanier » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:29 pm

WHY WHINING ABOUT REGULAR SEASON PERFORMANCE IS MEANINGLESS WHEN IT COMES TO PLAYOFF BASKETBALL

You can fixate on 82 games
And fret about Khris-es and Dames
But they know what you're missing
And the past they're dismissing
Now's the time to kick ass and take names
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,446

Post#57 » by GoldenAntlers » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:05 pm

adambr2 wrote:We added Damien Lillard in the offseason and a team with Giannis and Lillard finished 2 games ahead of the play-in tournament. That is wild.
While simultaneously being one win away from the 2 seed.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,446

Post#58 » by GoldenAntlers » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:08 pm

JayMKE wrote:Doesn’t matter why Dame has underperformed, he’s just not the guy we need and costs way too much money and I don’t think there is any logical reason for it to improve. He’s gonna need a crazy playoffs or his rep is going to take a big hit. Would rather still have Jrue & Bud, there were other options but we did have a championship core now we don’t.

Can your misery wait until after the Playoffs?
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
DMBucks22
Veteran
And1: 81

Post#59 » by DMBucks22 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:13 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:

We basically still have Jrue though, in Pat Bev.

That is funny
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,687

Post#60 » by chonestown » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:15 pm

fansinceforever wrote:
Brewhoopfan wrote:Jonathan Issac would be perfect next to Giannis. The Bucks held on to Brook far too long.

Way too long

Good too see more posters coming around to my theory that above a certain point wingspan is superfluous.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB

Return to Milwaukee Bucks