Round 1 Indy Lead Up

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,348

Re: Round 1 Indy Lead Up 

Post#121 » by KidA24 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:35 pm

steger_3434 wrote:
Some of those games were half a decade ago. They have absolutely no bearing on the type of player he is anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Last year, 6 playoff games:

34.3 ppg, 10.2 AST, 4.3 REB on 46/45/94 shooting.
That's a .660 TS% and a .593 EFG.

But yeah, totally removed from being that type of player.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
j_hilge444
Senior
And1: 117

Post#122 » by j_hilge444 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:17 pm

JonHeist wrote:
steger_3434 wrote:
Epicurus wrote:In 2019 Dame willed a squad worse than the Bucks without Giannis to the conference championship series. I hope he still has it in him and that he has a coach who knows how to get it out of him.

In 2019 kemba walker, oladipo, and Blake griffen were all stars. That’s so long ago you can’t use anything from that period to extrapolate to the year 2014

oh my god, shut up

your comparison is even worse

comparing 3 players who are out of the league with on who was all-nba last year and an all-star this year

Just want to say, this cracked me up. still gigglin.
Luke Ridnour getting silly all over - throwing mad alley oops to Ilyasova.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,583

Post#123 » by Frank Nova » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:17 pm

Been waiting 82 torturous games for this, it’s Dame Time for the next 28 potential games. Healthy Giannis, hobbled Giannis, you can only play with who’s available and ready to play. I’m sure he’s working diligently to get back. **** Indiana, **** Boston, **** New York, **** Philly, **** Miami, **** Cleveland and **** Orlando. It’s Bucks in 6 until it isn’t. Let’s get real Fr34ky
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,618

Post#124 » by -Jragon- » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:44 pm

Hopefully we've been saving a few secret plays all year that noone saw yet
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,976

Post#125 » by soxperry » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:44 pm

KidA24 wrote:
steger_3434 wrote:
Some of those games were half a decade ago. They have absolutely no bearing on the type of player he is anymore.

Last year, 6 playoff games:

34.3 ppg, 10.2 AST, 4.3 REB on 46/45/94 shooting.
That's a .660 TS% and a .593 EFG.

But yeah, totally removed from being that type of player.

i know it doesn't seem like a player should be able to fall off of a cliff that fast, but that's what happened. look at the way he moved last season compared to this season. he's still very good, but last year's Dame was a whole different level physically and with his shooting. He just isn't that guy anymore. We played 82. we never saw that for more than a stretch in a game here and there. What we saw consistently was a guy acclimating to his new physical reality.

To accept that is to acknowledge that the dream that was created when we all heard the big trade news is now dead. It's brutal, but that's the truth. Portland Dame never showed up and he's not walking through that door. Ever. As a Bronco fan, i just experienced this with Russell Wilson.

Oh well.

We can still be a very good team but everyone has to be healthy.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,953

Post#126 » by Plossum » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:45 pm

We haven’t been healthy since the finals run in 2021 (and even then, Giannis had the miracle comeback from the knee hyperextension).

2022 we lost Midds, 23 Giannis busts his back. 24 Giannis and maybe Dame go down.

As frustrating as we’ve been since the title year, it’d be nice to see what we can do with a decent run of health.
#LockUpChuck
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,761

Post#127 » by AussieBuck » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:49 pm

If the injury is like a typical calf injury it's going to be hard to stop Giannis playing when it feels pain free even if it's not healed.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,976

Post#128 » by soxperry » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:10 pm

With Giannis hurt and now Dame showing significant wear and tear, i hope we just put our best players in bubble wrap all next season, hunt the 6 seed, and go into the playoffs fully healthy. The seeding **** absolutely does not matter in comparison to health. It's not even close.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,668

Post#129 » by machu46 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:39 pm

Okay folks, I'm coming into town for the second time in my life to see my sister-in-law in Chicago (but really, to see a Bucks playoff game). I'm currently looking at seats that are all around the same price give or take:

- First row of the upper deck, a little off to the side of mid court
- Not quite first row, but very close up front in the corners of the lower bowl (110, 113, 102, 121, etc.)
- Back of the lower bowl along the sidelines (105, 107, 116, 118)

Do y'all have any recommendations either way? I think I may be leaning towards the lower bowl as it feels like I'm in the thick of it more but I don't know, front row of the upper section sounds nice too.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,035

Post#130 » by mediocrityrules » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:47 pm

Plossum wrote:We haven’t been healthy since the finals run in 2021 (and even then, Giannis had the miracle comeback from the knee hyperextension).

2022 we lost Midds, 23 Giannis busts his back. 24 Giannis and maybe Dame go down.

As frustrating as we’ve been since the title year, it’d be nice to see what we can do with a decent run of health.

We lost DDV in the first round didn't we? So even in 2021 we weren't healthy across the whole PO.
Circling calendars since 2021
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,684

Post#131 » by StickeeFingaz » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:51 pm

machu46 wrote:Okay folks, I'm coming into town for the second time in my life to see my sister-in-law in Chicago (but really, to see a Bucks playoff game). I'm currently looking at seats that are all around the same price give or take:

- Not quite first row, but very close up front in the corners of the lower bowl (110, 113, 102, 121, etc.)

Do y'all have any recommendations either way? I think I may be leaning towards the lower bowl as it feels like I'm in the thick of it more but I don't know, front row of the upper section sounds nice too.

I'd go with the lower bowl for the reason you mention, closer to the game so feels like you're more involved.
#FreeChuckDiesel
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,192

Post#132 » by FrieAaron » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:51 pm

mediocrityrules wrote:
Plossum wrote:We haven’t been healthy since the finals run in 2021 (and even then, Giannis had the miracle comeback from the knee hyperextension).

We lost DDV in the first round didn't we? So even in 2021 we weren't healthy across the whole PO.

And of course we were fortunate to get Giannis back so soon after winning two without him. Still, it's the healthiest we've been in the playoffs the last few years. And DDV of three years ago would be more like us missing Beas or something
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,348

Post#133 » by KidA24 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:51 pm

machu46 wrote:Okay folks, I'm coming into town for the second time in my life to see my sister-in-law in Chicago (but really, to see a Bucks playoff game). I'm currently looking at seats that are all around the same price give or take:

For me, being closer to the court is just a vastly different experience than being farther away. You can really see (and sometimes hear) the players.

If you want to see the game, and really watch things develop, being in the upper deck first row is also amazing.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,063

Post#134 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:51 pm

soxperry wrote:With Giannis hurt and now Dame showing significant wear and tear, i hope we just put our best players in bubble wrap all next season, hunt the 6 seed, and go into the playoffs fully healthy. The seeding **** absolutely does not matter in comparison to health. It's not even close.

Yeah, especially if you are favored in R1. Philly might end up with the easiest path to the ECF with Knicks, Pacers or hurt-giannis Bucks, and wait and see if Boston makes the 3rd round. If they fought and ended fourth, they get Magic and Boston.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#135 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:55 pm

Just make sure you look at the angles and pick the appropriate side of the section. I'm in 102 and the corner side of the section has a substantially better view then seats towards the middle.

I would also wait a bit to see if Giannis is officially ruled our and wait for the ticket drop.
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,461

Post#136 » by steger_3434 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:56 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
soxperry wrote:With Giannis hurt and now Dame showing significant wear and tear, i hope we just put our best players in bubble wrap all next season, hunt the 6 seed, and go into the playoffs fully healthy. The seeding **** absolutely does not matter in comparison to health. It's not even close.

Yeah, especially if you are favored in R1. Philly might end up with the easiest path to the ECF with Knicks, Pacers or hurt-giannis Bucks, and wait and see if Boston makes the 3rd round. If they fought and ended fourth, they get Magic and Boston.

Philly was only 2 games worse than us while having Embiid only play 39 games. If you could promise we win 47 games and Gianni’s plays 39 games I’ll take it. But I feel we win maybe 35 games with Gianni’s only playing that many

yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#137 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:02 am

steger_3434 wrote:

Philly was only 2 games worse than us while having Embiid only play 39 games. If you could promise we win 47 games and Gianni’s plays 39 games I’ll take it. But I feel we win maybe 35 games with Gianni’s only playing that many

I mean, for the double elimination, we only would need 40 wins. (only difference would be no HCA in Game 1 of play-in)
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,668

Post#138 » by machu46 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:08 am

Just make sure you look at the angles and pick the appropriate side of the section. I'm in 102 and the corner side of the section has a substantially better view then seats towards the middle.

I would also wait a bit to see if Giannis is officially ruled our and wait for the ticket drop.

Going through StubHub (gift cards) so I don't think I can pick the exact seat unfortunately. I was definitely wondering about the Giannis part though; thought maybe the dip would have already occurred with the Woj report today but you're right, maybe something more concrete will lower them more.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,774

Post#139 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:19 am

No Giannis. Interesting.

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,461

Post#140 » by steger_3434 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:42 am

MickeyDavis wrote:No Giannis. Interesting.

Read on Twitter

The 2022 Khris injury all over. Thought every game that passed there was a chance he’d play, but instead he missed most of the next season as well. Giannis not even advertised on the building he basically helped build is not a good look for him playing anytime soon

yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !

Return to Milwaukee Bucks