Round 1 Indy Lead Up

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,620

Round 1 Indy Lead Up 

Post#1 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:46 pm

Other stuff starting to mix in and since we have 6 days until the game we'll have a separate thread. Please keep the discussion on the series only, other Bucks talk, including possible offseason moves, should remain in the team thread.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Re: Round 1 Indy Lead Up 

Post#2 » by buckboy » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:47 pm

Bucks in 5
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,735

Post#3 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:03 pm

Nothing Indiana has done since our last meeting makes me believe that the 1-4 RS record vs. them was due to anything other than complete and utter coaching incompetence. Hali's gonna have to contend with Pat Bev picking him up full court, and Siakam has never been anything more than a traffic cone trying to guard Giannis.

Bucks in 6
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,065

Post#4 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:14 pm

Honestly no idea what to expect. If Giannis plays that obviously makes me a ton more optimistic. Bucks 25-25 though in 2024 and a rough 2-6 in April has me debating if they’re going to turn it on or if truly mediocre team that stocked up wins early vs inferior teams.

The path isn’t bad. No Boston until ECF and 2nd round will be Knicks, Cavs, or Magic all who have their own issues with injuries, sluggish play and inexperience respectively. Its just can we get consistent enough to win playoff series now.

We shall see.
AntetokounmBros
Rookie
And1: 1,186

Post#5 » by AntetokounmBros » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:15 pm

Bucks in 6, but I'm being optimistic. Can't let them get a win here and further boost their confidence. Be the aggressor and put them in their place early.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,727

Post#6 » by jimmybones » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:20 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:Honestly no idea what to expect. If Giannis plays that obviously makes me a ton more optimistic. Bucks 25-25 though in 2024 and a rough 2-6 in April has me debating if they’re going to turn it on or if truly mediocre team that stocked up wins early vs inferior teams.

The path isn’t bad. No Boston until ECF and 2nd round will be Knicks, Cavs, or Magic all who have their own issues with injuries, sluggish play and inexperience respectively. Its just can we get consistent enough to win playoff series now.

We shall see.

Huh? Second round would be winner of NY - Philly/Miami, right?
buckboy
RealGM

Post#7 » by buckboy » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:23 pm

jimmybones wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:Honestly no idea what to expect. If Giannis plays that obviously makes me a ton more optimistic. Bucks 25-25 though in 2024 and a rough 2-6 in April has me debating if they’re going to turn it on or if truly mediocre team that stocked up wins early vs inferior teams.

We shall see.

No. If the Heat or 76ers win in round 1 they play Boston. Unless Boston loses, and even then we wouldn't play them. Only way we'd play either is if Boston AND New York lose in round 1.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
ReddoverKobe
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,919

Post#8 » by ReddoverKobe » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:25 pm

I'm terrified this is one of those series where the younger team takes a step forward and afterwords everyone is talking how old and slow the bucks look.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by jimmybones » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:32 pm

Ah, I don't think I realized they re-seed like that. Well, Boston having to face Philly or Miami while we get Cleveland or Orlando would rule
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,456

Post#10 » by steger_3434 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:34 pm

buckboy wrote:
jimmybones wrote:

We shall see.

No. If the Heat or 76ers win in round 1 they play Boston. Unless Boston loses, and even then we wouldn't play them. Only way we'd play either is if Boston AND New York lose in round 1.

False. The nba has never reseeded after rounds. The winner of the 3/6 matchup will play the winner of the 2/7 matchup regardless of anything else that happens. So if we win we’d play New York, Miami, or Philly.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,040

Post#11 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:35 pm

buckboy wrote:
jimmybones wrote:

We shall see.

I feel I'm taking crazy pills. NBA doesn't reseed, does it?
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,148

Post#12 » by MissKhriddleton » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:36 pm

buckboy wrote:
jimmybones wrote:

We shall see.

Pretty sure it’s just a straight bracket, doesn’t matter who wins first round.
buckboy
RealGM

Post#13 » by buckboy » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:39 pm

jimmybones wrote:Ah, I don't think I realized they re-seed like that. Well, Boston having to face Philly or Miami while we get Cleveland or Orlando would rule

:rofl2:

Apparently I'm full of ****. My bad.
buckboy
RealGM

Post#14 » by buckboy » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:40 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
buckboy wrote:
jimmybones wrote:

I feel I'm taking crazy pills. NBA doesn't reseed, does it?

I have no idea why I thought that. My bad.

They should though. That's a different conversation obviously.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by jimmybones » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:48 pm

buckboy wrote:
jimmybones wrote:Ah, I don't think I realized they re-seed like that. Well, Boston having to face Philly or Miami while we get Cleveland or Orlando would rule

:rofl2:

Apparently I'm full of ****. My bad.

You had me in the first half, not gonna lie/meme
WeMajor34
Ballboy
And1: 27

Post#16 » by WeMajor34 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:52 pm

I have a feeling that we may find ourselves in a similar spot we were in with the Heat in ‘21 where people are hyping up Indiana a little too much before the series. So I think there is potential for us to get the series done quicker than we might think. That all depends on Giannis though.

With potentially no Giannis, games will be a coin toss to start. But I’ll be cautiously optimistic about this team until proven otherwise. Indiana isn’t the same team and Halliburton hasn’t been the same guy since our season series. We should have a chip on our shoulder and even though we’re going to be favored, we should want to crush this team and take care of business.

Bucks in 6
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,593

Post#17 » by SupremeHustle » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:21 pm

Pacers win. The homer in me wants to say Bucks in 6 but it's the Pacers. This Bucks roster is a mess.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,744

Post#18 » by DanoMac » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:34 pm

Losing Hield, Brown, and Mathurin won't bode well for the Pacers. Those 3 dudes killed us in every game this year. Bucks in 6
tsamo
Junior
And1: 162

Post#19 » by tsamo » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:56 pm

It all comes down to how healthy Giannis is.
Honestly I was happy that he is even doubtful for game 1, I was expecting him out.
We should probably sit him game 1 and see if the team can win without him.
If they can win, sit him another one.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,244

Post#20 » by LUKE23 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:04 pm

I’ve seen nothing down the stretch of the season that leads me to believe Dame is going to be an impact guy in this series, or that Doc can make the adjustments necessary to win in the playoffs. I also have very little faith in our veteran supporting cast to make 3 point shots. I believe Midds will show up, he generally does, but GA will have to go nuclear to win this series.

I will also be shocked if we win any game GA doesn’t play.

Hoping for for the best but my expectations haven’t been this low in a while.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks