Round 1 Indy Lead Up

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Re: Round 1 Indy Lead Up 

Post#261 » by Profound23 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:25 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
jimmybones wrote:Best case scenario: Dame comes out flamethrowing and reminds everyone who the **** he is. Khris is playoffs Khris, Bobby Buckets buries jumpers and ignites the crowd. We win the first two at home and buy another week of rest for Giannis. But wait, there's more. We go into Indy and take on there on a night where Dame scores 45. We finish the job at home in Game 5 and have effectively given Giannis closer 3-4 weeks than a rushed 2. Dame and the boys are cooking and Giannis is good to go for round 2. Not only is he fully healthy but he's also fresh. 12 wins away from a title with a fresh Giannis.

Worst case scenario. We go down 2-1 and Giannis feels pressure to play before he's ready.

Could totally see either scenario play out. I'm just ready to see which version of Dame and this team shows up. The recent data is not promising but playoffs are playoffs. If we show up like we are capable of, we beat Indiana without Giannis playing a minute. But that IF is pretty big.

I dont think this is the worst case scenario.

It's a pretty bad scenario, if Giannis rushes back and blows his achilles out we are back to the days of 2003-2012....probably even worse because we don't have any draft picks.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,769

Post#262 » by jimmybones » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:25 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
jimmybones wrote:Best case scenario: Dame comes out flamethrowing and reminds everyone who the **** he is. Khris is playoffs Khris, Bobby Buckets buries jumpers and ignites the crowd. We win the first two at home and buy another week of rest for Giannis. But wait, there's more. We go into Indy and take on there on a night where Dame scores 45. We finish the job at home in Game 5 and have effectively given Giannis closer 3-4 weeks than a rushed 2. Dame and the boys are cooking and Giannis is good to go for round 2. Not only is he fully healthy but he's also fresh. 12 wins away from a title with a fresh Giannis.

Worst case scenario. We go down 2-1 and Giannis feels pressure to play before he's ready.

Could totally see either scenario play out. I'm just ready to see which version of Dame and this team shows up. The recent data is not promising but playoffs are playoffs. If we show up like we are capable of, we beat Indiana without Giannis playing a minute. But that IF is pretty big.

I dont think this is the worst case scenario.

Fixed. I don't even want to type the actual worst case scenario if we both lose and rush Giannis back.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,982

Post#263 » by BUCKnation » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:44 pm

trwi7 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

Haven't we suffered enough.

King of North Oshkosh.

Beat me to it :lol:
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,982

Post#264 » by BUCKnation » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:45 pm

I've been optimistic this year, but I would be surprised if we made it to the next round. I just don't have much confidence.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,769

Post#265 » by jimmybones » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:45 pm

BUCKnation wrote:I've been optimistic this year, but I would be surprised if we made it to the next round. I just don't have much confidence.

I'm the opposite. I've been down overall but I'm back now, have this feeling Dame is about to go melt some faces .imo
tonyreyes123
Starter
And1: 750

Post#266 » by tonyreyes123 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:01 pm

Lol Dame just isn’t that guy lmao
Bucks tricked me into being a diehard in 2001, LeBron is the 2nd best player ever, and pizza is awesome.
machu46
RealGM
And1: 3,672

Post#267 » by machu46 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:10 pm

randy84 wrote:No matter what happens this series, it won't be as disappointing as last year's series against Miami.

A sweep would be brutal but I think we all have lower expectations now than we did last year.

Without Giannis, feels like Indiana is more talented. We at least make an attempt at preventing transition points now though which was a gigantic part of our struggles against them during the regular season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,092

Post#268 » by theFireBlanket » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:37 pm

:roll:
tonyreyes123 wrote:Lol Dame just isn’t that guy lmao
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,136

Post#269 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 pm

theFireBlanket wrote::roll:
tonyreyes123 wrote:Lol Dame just isn’t that guy lmao

Credit to those of you keeping the faith, but Dame just gave us an entire season's worth of games as reason to doubt him and this team.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,242

Post#270 » by humanrefutation » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:56 pm

I've never been more wrong about a player than I was about Dame going into this season. I thought he was the perfect fit next to Giannis and that they'd open things up for one another in a way that would be impossible to defend. I thought Dame was a hooper that would flamethrow anywhere he played.

I never expected to see Dame approach the game in such a lackadaisical and half-hearted manner. I didn't expect Dame to play like a man depressed to be here. I thought he'd will us to wins just by virtue of his heart and drive, like we saw in Portland.

Maybe that player is still somewhere inside of him. But if it isn't, and we just get the Dame we watched for the last few months, this series is going to be depressing to watch.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,870

Post#271 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:02 pm

It's fine to doubt. I've already mentally prepared myself for this being a lost season due to Giannis being injured, but this team has also played incredibly well without Giannis at times vs. playoff level opponents (Clippers, Magic, Suns, Celtics), so completely writing them off vs. a team like the Pacers seems kinda dumb.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,754

Post#272 » by DanoMac » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:13 pm

https://lockervision.nba.com/team/milwaukee-bucks

Uniform matchup for the first 4 games is so lame
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,092

Post#273 » by theFireBlanket » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:20 pm

DanoMac wrote:https://lockervision.nba.com/team/milwaukee-bucks

Uniform matchup for the first 4 games is so lame

That can't be right. Has that ever been done before? :lol:
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,853

Post#274 » by emunney » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:24 pm

Dame's still a great player, in no way should we be looking at moving him if he wants to stick around.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#275 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:28 pm

emunney wrote:Dame's still a great player, in no way should we be looking at moving him if he wants to stick around.

Like hr just said, it would help if he started to play like he wanted to be here. Time is getting kind of short on this season.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,853

Post#276 » by emunney » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:30 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
emunney wrote:Dame's still a great player, in no way should we be looking at moving him if he wants to stick around.

Like hr just said, it would help if he started to play like he wanted to be here. Time is getting kind of short on this season.

I'm not sure what this means. What would that look like to you, and how would it be different from how he's played his entire career?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#277 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:32 pm

emunney wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

I'm not sure what this means. What would that look like to you, and how would it be different from how he's played his entire career?

Did he look like he wanted out of Portland his entire career? Maybe I'm just mistaken. But I doubt I am considering I've been seeing this sentiment across the board for the last six months.
ReddRum
Veteran
And1: 465
Location: Waiting for a superstar to awaken the city of Milwaukee

Post#278 » by ReddRum » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:32 pm

Just sit Giannis the rest of the year. The way the current roster is constructed we have no chance of defensively stopping the juggernauts like the Nuggets anyways if we somehow made it that far. The roster needs a complete overhaul. I am keeping Dame for one more year and getting rid of Middleton, Lopez, Crowder, and Pat. I think if you get rid of those 4 somehow by attaching younger players / picks whatever and get a couple young guys in return that can actually defend this team has a chance next year.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Big baby ass Derozan tosses the ball in the stands and gets and gets his sorry a-- tossed. Cross him off our list of players to target.

Ejected with only two games left in your season.What immature nut...Grow up and just play.
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,480

Post#279 » by steger_3434 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:34 pm

emunney wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

He literally just had his second worst season of his career. Who cares about raw career averages. Lebron averages more now than he did when he was 26. Hint…he’s not better now than he was when he was 26

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
AntetokounmBros
Rookie
And1: 1,192

Post#280 » by AntetokounmBros » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:38 pm

Channeling my inner Sidney Lanier today.

The regular season got petty
But the Bucks want to see some confetti
Just limit the sally
From near the Fox Valley
Pat Bev, get the Icy Hot ready

Return to Milwaukee Bucks