Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,987

Re: PG: Indy Game 1 - Bucks Take Opener 

Post#181 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:47 pm

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,105

Post#182 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:52 pm

DingleJerry wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:they are doubling dame up top 40 feet from the basket when the screener comes and keeping him from turning the corner.... i wish hed sometimes try to split those screens. it would be a fastbreak to the basket if he could do it but he never does. its weird how some guys like harden are gurus at it but dame never even tries.

otherwise the way they played him in the second half is going to completely remove him from the series. as great as the first half was, once they made the adjustment he was completely negated. it shouldnt have been that easy but it was. thank god khris did khris things and beverly game managed well in that secondary role

regardless of the attention he gets he has to still make an impact tho. were not going to win this series if they keep running that defense out and dame becomes just a decoy

It should be easy for the rest to get plenty of points if the defend him like this. But we also said the same thing about Tor and other teams putting 3 guys in the paint on Giannis and how open all the other's shots would be that should be easy and of course that didn't work out in most cases. 2H yesterday reminder me of that

if dame is stymied he doesnt have all the other ways to contribute like giannis can. we only have 3 guys that can create their own offense. one is out. lock the other down and then it falls on khris. khris is really good about making that skip pass quick when they come.... dame needs to create space inbound to the rim before he gives it up.

i really think doc needs to create some sets that free him in space and we need to initiate earlier. there were so many possessions in the second half that hadnt hardly gotten going deep into the clock while we were horsing around up top.

im sure it will be addressed. doc is well aware dame had a donut in the second half and our offense stalled. im sure it will be addressed
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,877

Post#183 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:57 pm

Gifting them an 11 to 2 free throw advantage in the 2nd half helped closed the gap more than anything. Dame deferring to a fault at times (maybe he was just gassed carrying the offense for an entire half?) pretty much directly correlated with the 3rd quarter run they went on. Like, he actually did a good job at this when they started doubling and trapping him at half court, or are people forgetting the three straight possessions where AJ got a wide open corner-3 off Dame's gravity and promptly bricked all of them? Offense was fine in the 2nd half. They had complete control and were moving the ball with ease.
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,602

Post#184 » by RogerMurdock » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:38 pm

I don't know, man, I love watching Bobby go to work in the mid-range. The only shots I don't like are the longer, baseline, turn-around jumpers. When he faces a guy up on a mid-long two or backs somebody down, though, I have full confidence that he's about to get a bucket.
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#185 » by Shaffty » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:47 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Gifting them an 11 to 2 free throw advantage in the 2nd half helped closed the gap more than anything. Dame deferring to a fault at times (maybe he was just gassed carrying the offense for an entire half?) pretty much directly correlated with the 3rd quarter run they went on. Like, he actually did a good job at this when they started doubling and trapping him at half court, or are people forgetting the three straight possessions where AJ got a wide open corner-3 off Dame's gravity and promptly bricked all of them? Offense was fine in the 2nd half. They had complete control and were moving the ball with ease.

Dame said postgame that he went cruise control in the 2nd half to not show our hands vs the hedging they were doing. Said something like 'part of me said to keep chasing it but we need to see what it looks like when I'm getting trapped like that'
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#186 » by Profound23 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:02 pm

How long before the "Bucks are better without Giannis" talk starts?
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,661

Post#187 » by -Jragon- » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:03 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:they are doubling dame up top 40 feet from the basket when the screener comes and keeping him from turning the corner.... i wish hed sometimes try to split those screens. it would be a fastbreak to the basket if he could do it but he never does. its weird how some guys like harden are gurus at it but dame never even tries.

otherwise the way they played him in the second half is going to completely remove him from the series. as great as the first half was, once they made the adjustment he was completely negated. it shouldnt have been that easy but it was. thank god khris did khris things and beverly game managed well in that secondary role

regardless of the attention he gets he has to still make an impact tho. were not going to win this series if they keep running that defense out and dame becomes just a decoy

It should be easy for the rest to get plenty of points if the defend him like this. But we also said the same thing about Tor and other teams putting 3 guys in the paint on Giannis and how open all the other's shots would be that should be easy and of course that didn't work out in most cases. 2H yesterday reminder me of that

if dame is stymied he doesnt have all the other ways to contribute like giannis can. we only have 3 guys that can create their own offense. one is out. lock the other down and then it falls on khris. khris is really good about making that skip pass quick when they come.... dame needs to create space inbound to the rim before he gives it up.

i really think doc needs to create some sets that free him in space and we need to initiate earlier. there were so many possessions in the second half that hadnt hardly gotten going deep into the clock while we were horsing around up top.

im sure it will be addressed. doc is well aware dame had a donut in the second half and our offense stalled. im sure it will be addressed

Fair to add that for Dame to be stymied it takes the attention of 2 or 3 Pacers up high still. Plus he has the handle to blow past then even when they wall so just that threat at the back end of their D has to keep their attention on him too. He's always contributing
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,207

Post#188 » by FrieAaron » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:05 pm

Profound23 wrote:How long before the "Bucks are better without Giannis" talk starts?

It started first quarter on the general forums. Step one is taking care of business with Dame reminding people who he is. Step two is Giannis coming back and doing the same.
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,037

Post#189 » by mediocrityrules » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:10 pm

FrieAaron wrote:
Profound23 wrote:How long before the "Bucks are better without Giannis" talk starts?

It started first quarter on the general forums. Step one is taking care of business with Dame reminding people who he is. Step two is Giannis coming back and doing the same.

Yeah, GB is already talking that way. The giannis-haters are out in force.
Circling calendars since 2021
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,181

Post#190 » by RRyder823 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:12 pm

That bull narrative was being spread by halftime allready

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,753

Post#191 » by Licensed to Il » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:48 pm

Just want to say, this place can be the best Bucks talk and the worst Bucks talk, but what gets lost in the roller coaster is that this is the greatest era of Bucks basketball ever. Giannis is the #1 Buck. Mids is 4 or 5 or 6. Dame will land 2-6 depending on how long he’s here and how this playoff run goes. Brook is going to be a top 10 Buck. This board gets so micro, but the wide view is that this is the glory days of this franchise.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,687

Post#192 » by BroncoBuck » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:56 pm

I cannot believe the Bucks tried to hype up these shirts that much. How do you not just do a shirt that ties in to the players. Between Big Bob on the Ass, Belt 2 Ass, Dame Time, Kha$h, and Giannis Mean Mug you have so much to work with. Instead, here’s a shoe with some generic references to the postseason.

Read on Twitter
machu46
RealGM
And1: 3,672

Post#193 » by machu46 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:31 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Finding it a little weird the amount of people patting the Pacers on the back for that 2nd half. Nothing they did, outside of Siakam hitting every contested mid-ranger imaginable, would inspire much confidence if I was a Pacers fan. You can't just chalk this one up to 3PT variance when we were actively funneling those shots to the guys you want taking them (Turner, Siakam, and McConnell combined for 17 attempts). I mean, if this is the version of Haliburton they're gonna get, then this series will be over very quickly. Whether he's still "injured" or not, the backcourt defense had him in absolute jail last night, and his inability to really create for himself has been overlooked in all the early season hype.

youre right that our defense was locked in and we gave their offense troubles in both halves but where your wrong is how well their bottom feeding defense did against us in the second half. we scored 40 on them at home with a sold out crowd. they didnt quit and they reeled us in. we bopped them back and can thank khris for that but there was a moment there coming out of 3rd quarter where if khris hadnt popped off that game could have been a mfin heartbreaker

its imperative we dont allow indiana to solve what dame can bring. in the 2nd half they did. i will certainly give them that

I don’t have the numbers in front of me but I think the offense was efficient in the 4th. We just quickly got the lead up to roughly 20 again and slowed the game down from there.

3rd quarter was brutal for sure though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,982

Post#194 » by BUCKnation » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:37 pm

They’ll better next game. Really noticed how almost all newbies to the post season were not great in their respective game 1’s.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,156

Post#195 » by midranger » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:01 pm

Giannis is the new Playoff Pat(rick Ewing), imo.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,509

Post#196 » by GoldenAntlers » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:08 pm

Shaffty wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Gifting them an 11 to 2 free throw advantage in the 2nd half helped closed the gap more than anything. Dame deferring to a fault at times (maybe he was just gassed carrying the offense for an entire half?) pretty much directly correlated with the 3rd quarter run they went on. Like, he actually did a good job at this when they started doubling and trapping him at half court, or are people forgetting the three straight possessions where AJ got a wide open corner-3 off Dame's gravity and promptly bricked all of them? Offense was fine in the 2nd half. They had complete control and were moving the ball with ease.

Dame said postgame that he went cruise control in the 2nd half to not show our hands vs the hedging they were doing. Said something like 'part of me said to keep chasing it but we need to see what it looks like when I'm getting trapped like that'
I love this.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#197 » by BigO » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:40 pm

buckboy wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:
BigO wrote:Luckily the people looking at the charts aren't making decisions

Yeah they are.

Thankfully.

And whatever stats they're looking at, they've decided getting the ball to BP on post-ups is an important strategy. Thankfully.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,156

Post#198 » by midranger » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:52 pm

Get Brook in the post please. K? Thanks.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,094

Post#199 » by theFireBlanket » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:01 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Sigra wrote:We will lose next game if Giannis doesnt play.

There I said it.

they were slight favorites in the last game for a reason. i dont feel any better or worse about game two than i did game one tho. i think they come out hungry but i also think that game gave us confidence too.

what i dont like is weve always played better as the underdog. last nights game may have given us a bit of false momentum but if giannis still doesnt play i cant imagine how our guys would approach this game with any sense of cruise type confidence knowing hes still out

Bev is serious about improving on the weaknesses from game 1. Think he helps keep the humble/underdog status rolling, as Doc's player-coach.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,950

Post#200 » by Perishable517 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:48 am

ReasonablySober wrote:I cringe when Bobby gets the ball on the block and we revert to basketball circa 1994, but I recognize it's vitally important to get him going.
I don't. It is vital to be able to get him or Brook some catches on the block. With those two, that can be crucial to get the team out of a scoring Funk.

Sent from my CPH2417 using RealGM mobile app
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck

Return to Milwaukee Bucks