Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,064

Re: PG: Indy Game 1 - Bucks Take Opener 

Post#121 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:41 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

Yup, TJ was able to hit some buckets against Beas.

Beasley played 29 minutes, Green played 6. McConnell had 3 baskets on Beasley and 1 on Green. Pacers shot 5/13 being guarded by Beasley. Hell, if Beasley came in and missed 3 straight wide open corner threes like AJ you'd hammer those nails on the cross so hard it wouldn't be funny. He was the secondary defender on Haliburton who scored 2 points on him. Beasley was fine tonight and that's a good sign.

I never make decisions based on shooting in an individual game, because shooting is inconsistent.

I don't know how someone can watch last night's game, see Beasley constantly or of position, getting beat off the dribble, getting stuck on screans, and blowing rotations, and simply not notice any of it.

Lillard literally pushed Beas during a live play because the bum was jogging back leisurely during a transition play.

Nobody is watching the game and not noticing things but the level to which you rilaman/David Dunn your Beasley hate so you can sniff your own farts is crazy. Dude was positively inoffensive like idk, 90% of his minutes last night?, and every single post you made during and most after this game have been about him. Did he get burned on a play or two, sure. Was the Bucks defense 13 points better with him on the court? Yup. If you came away from that game and were just dead set on Beasley being the problem, that's what you were looking for, because he just really wasn't.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,622

Post#122 » by JayMKE » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:49 pm

Indy will shoot better so nothing short of necessary game 1 win, if they can pull out game 2 will feel better about our chances. Losing at home with “hca” really puts you behind the 8 ball. Dunno if Giannis is coming back round 1 is a possibility.
FREE GIANNIS
tsamo
Junior
And1: 202

Post#123 » by tsamo » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:01 pm

I think we should sit Giannis in this series at least until the Pacers have two wins. Unless he's healthy of course.
Win game 2 and I can actually see a way out for us.
Nothing is over just yet.
machu46
RealGM
And1: 3,672

Post#124 » by machu46 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:25 pm

Can’t say enough about Beverley. There will probably be times where he’s not shooting well enough and defenses take advantage of it but the effort plays like diving on the ground and making the pass to Beasley in the corner for 3, just generally getting his hands on the ball defensively, and the ability to create for teammates last night and take some of the ball handling burden off our primary guys was so huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,017

Post#125 » by Daver » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:28 pm

machu46 wrote:Can’t say enough about Beverley. There will probably be times where he’s not shooting well enough and defenses take advantage of it but the effort plays like diving on the ground and making the pass to Beasley in the corner for 3, just generally getting his hands on the ball defensively, and the ability to create for teammates last night and take some of the ball handling burden off our primary guys was so huge.

A question you think if the bucks had beasley last year in POs vs miami it makes a difference on the outcome or you think no way.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,937

Post#126 » by Matches Malone » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:36 pm

Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
machu46
RealGM

Post#127 » by machu46 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:40 pm

Daver wrote:
machu46 wrote:Can’t say enough about Beverley. There will probably be times where he’s not shooting well enough and defenses take advantage of it but the effort plays like diving on the ground and making the pass to Beasley in the corner for 3, just generally getting his hands on the ball defensively, and the ability to create for teammates last night and take some of the ball handling burden off our primary guys was so huge.

A question you think if the bucks had beasley last year in POs vs miami it makes a difference on the outcome or you think no way.

You mean Bev or Beasley? It’s possible just based on how badly we folded in that series. It’s at least possible Bev changes that but you never really know. I don’t really want to think back about that awful series though lol

machu46
RealGM

Post#128 » by machu46 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:41 pm

Also idk if it was shown on TV or not but one of the calls that should have been challenged, Doc was desperately trying to get an answer from one of the assistants about if he should challenge but they weren’t able to review it on their end quickly enough and the Pacers inbounded the ball as fast as possible so we missed the opportunity.

BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#129 » by BigO » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:43 pm

Thoughts:

1) Bucks won because they held the vaunted Pacers fast break action. Love the varied defense and the odd on court player combinations.
2) Somewhat weird to lose the rebounding, because Pacers missed lot of shots, which should lead to a Bucks rebounding edge. But when you consider that the only two bigs the Bucks have are Lopez and Portis, it makes sense.
3) Not sure why Pacers don't just leave Pat Bev alone. Force him to shoot. Double Dame, keep Siakam on KM. Look for it next game.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,134

Post#130 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:48 pm

I cringe when Bobby gets the ball on the block and we revert to basketball circa 1994, but I recognize it's vitally important to get him going.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,922

Post#131 » by buckboy » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:49 pm

machu46 wrote:Also idk if it was shown on TV or not but one of the calls that should have been challenged, Doc was desperately trying to get an answer from one of the assistants about if he should challenge but they weren’t able to review it on their end quickly enough and the Pacers inbounded the ball as fast as possible so we missed the opportunity.

Yes that was clear on TV. It was the play where they called the ball off Dame and it was clearly off O'Connell (I think it was O'Connell).
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,868

Post#132 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:56 pm

I don't care what happens the rest of the playoffs. Re-sign Pat Bev at all costs.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,017

Post#133 » by Daver » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:04 pm

machu46 wrote:
Daver wrote:

You mean Bev or Beasley? It’s possible just based on how badly we folded in that series. It’s at least possible Bev changes that but you never really know. I don’t really want to think back about that awful series though lol

You got that right we sh.. the bed over n over again going what 12 mins without a basket scoring what was it 14 points through 1.5 quaters i meant bev not beas
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,853

Post#134 » by emunney » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:08 pm

machu46 wrote:Also idk if it was shown on TV or not but one of the calls that should have been challenged, Doc was desperately trying to get an answer from one of the assistants about if he should challenge but they weren’t able to review it on their end quickly enough and the Pacers inbounded the ball as fast as possible so we missed the opportunity.

Yeah, that was the one that went off McConnell's shoulder. Doc's got to trust Bev in that situation, but I get it. Not sure how many TOs we had at that point but probably should have taken one given how emphatic and certain Bev seemed. Problem of course is that it's not enough to be right, as Bev was -- the video has to demonstrate it (which it could/would have, but hard to know that in the moment).
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,853

Post#135 » by emunney » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:13 pm

Will say that overall, I enjoyed the sense I had that Doc had his hands on the wheel at all times. Feel like that makes it less likely to whiff out the window while you're driving.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,936

Post#136 » by Brewhoopfan » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:20 pm

Fotis St wrote:After reading every post in the Game Thread and in here ... it is time to watch the game on replay.

I believe the Pacers are missing that guy Mathurin so much ... that guy murdered us in regular season.

Congrats to the whole team and Doc for Game 1.

I will post some more game notes after watching the whole game.

IMO, the Pacers were a tougher matchup for the Bucks with Brown, Hield, Mathurin & Nwora :D vs this current version with Siakam. I was a bit shocked at how unaggressive Haliburton was, and if that was a product of Siakam isolations then I think that works in the Bucks favor. Nesmith is expending a ton of energy guarding Dame so I'm not sure how much you can expect from him on offense.

I did think Haliburton made quite a few great skip passes to open shooters. The Pacers bench shot 1/13 from 3. Haliburton's usage rate was 11.4% in game 1 (8th on the team! & less that half his usage % in the regular season). Carlisle is really good and I expect that he'll be creating some creases for Haliburton to get in the paint for game 2.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,171

Post#137 » by JimmyTheKid » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:22 pm

Wasn't planning on attending but the price was just too good. $40 for a playoff ticket? Yeah, why not? One of the best individual performances I've ever seen live was a nice little icing on the PLAYOFF WIN cake. Crickets from the anti-Dame mouth foamers? Now I'm just being spoiled. And it isn't even my birthday!

The Pacers will shoot the 3 better the rest of the series but I didn't think we had that particular defensive performance in us. Credit to Doc and his staff for ensuring that Hali couldn't, wouldn't go off. I'm fine with Spicy P's 36 on fadeaway, fairly contested 2-pt jumpers. Save for the 3rd, it was an absolute struggle bus for Indiana on offense. More of this please.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,868

Post#138 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:24 pm

Credit to Doc for staggering the minutes perfectly so that A) One of Dame or Khris was always on the court, and B) Limiting the time Bobby and Brook shared the floor so that they couldn't kill us with pace and small-ball. Without Giannis, this series will go as well as those guys can hold up defensively. Bait them into Siakam mid-rangers and Turner above-the-break 3's all series long.
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,936

Post#139 » by Brewhoopfan » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:30 pm

drone3 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:khris being khris is just my favorite basketball thing
This

Incredible. What Khris continues to be able to do despite injury limitations is amazing. We'd all like to see him injured less and on the court more, but there's no doubt that he's a warrior when he's out there. Keep duct taping him together and keep him in the lineup. He had his share of isolations, but I also love that Doc is getting him downhill to the elbow with his right hand.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,105

Post#140 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:30 pm

game had vibes from 2022 when we beat boston game 1 and they shot the ball like ass. i think to win were going to have to lock them up. its just that simple.

i dont expect the pacers to lay down. if anything this game energizes them

Return to Milwaukee Bucks