PG Indy Game 2: Series Tied 1-1

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Re: PG Indy Game 2: Series Tied 1-1 

Post#241 » by BigO » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:17 am

blazza18 wrote:
BigO wrote:BP was right with his statement on front runners, but it really applies to posters in this thread. What an abomination. This thread has it all:

2) Bashing BP post after post. I knew that was coming. The guys who have been silent for the past few months have now been let out of their cages. BP was not good, but his 14 and 11 (and minus 5 when he was on the court) was hardly the biggest issue.

Always get a laugh over the big Bobby Portis fan calling everyone out for their opinions.

Bobby was a huge issues last night. He would have been pulled had we had any actual depth on the bench. We don't have to talk about what he doesn't bring on defence but what really stood out was how selfishly he played on offense. He responded poorly to the chippyness of the game and tried to beat Indiana by himself and time after time it didn't work out for him.

My goal was to make you laugh, so I succeeded.

I'll go to battle with BP any day of the week. 6-16 and 11 rebounds (and -5 for those who like using this stat when it suits them). Not great, but again not the main problem at all.

BP is suited as a scoring big off the bench. Not as a starter.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,966

Post#242 » by Plossum » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:24 am

Feels more and more like we’re getting Bogut’d on the severity of the Giannis injury.
#LockUpChuck
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,742

Post#243 » by msiris » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:25 am

rilamann wrote:One of my favorite things about the board this season has been how right on cue after every loss the We're old and unathletic excuse comes out.

We're old an unathletic when we lose to the Wizards and Raptors, but we're not old and unathletic when we blow out the Celtics and Thunder apparently or when we blow the Pacers out in game 1....lol

I wish just 1 time after we blew out Boston twice or when we blew out OKC someone would have been like We're old and unathletic, I can't believe we just somehow blew-out one of the best teams in the league again.

Just 1 time.

The Bucks are indeed old and they're not the most athletic team in the league.

But that's not why they are a major disappointment.

The Bucks are a disappointment because they are poorly coached and only show up when they feel like it, which is around 1 out of every 4 or 5 games.
I think it has to do with low bbiq more than anything.
Ride the tank
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,106

Post#244 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:40 am

BigO wrote:
blazza18 wrote:
BigO wrote:BP was right with his statement on front runners, but it really applies to posters in this thread. What an abomination. This thread has it all:

2) Bashing BP post after post. I knew that was coming. The guys who have been silent for the past few months have now been let out of their cages. BP was not good, but his 14 and 11 (and minus 5 when he was on the court) was hardly the biggest issue.

Always get a laugh over the big Bobby Portis fan calling everyone out for their opinions.

Bobby was a huge issues last night. He would have been pulled had we had any actual depth on the bench. We don't have to talk about what he doesn't bring on defence but what really stood out was how selfishly he played on offense. He responded poorly to the chippyness of the game and tried to beat Indiana by himself and time after time it didn't work out for him.

I'll go to battle with BP any day of the week. 6-16 and 11 rebounds (and -5 for those who like using this stat when it suits them). Not great, but again not the main problem at all.

100% agree right up to the point youd argue hes an important piece one way or the other as it relates to the playoffs. bigs off the bench first and foremost in the playoffs have to be able to defend. switch... gaurd the rim. he cant. scrubs abuse him. its his biggest issue

portis has to put up big efficient numbers to contribute. we gonna lose this series on the defensive end. his minutes need to be limited if hes not rolling
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,955

Post#245 » by Jez2983 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:52 am

Plossum wrote:Feels more and more like we’re getting Bogut’d on the severity of the Giannis injury.

Calves are tricky, have the slowest recovery. In terms of return to play it goes hamstrings before quads before calves.

Then factoring in how important Giannis is and his play style, I can absolutely see that they want to be very sure before they put him on a court.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,764

Post#246 » by AussieBuck » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:31 am

Jez2983 wrote:
Plossum wrote:Feels more and more like we’re getting Bogut’d on the severity of the Giannis injury.

Calves are tricky, have the slowest recovery. In terms of return to play it goes hamstrings before quads before calves.

Then factoring in how important Giannis is and his play style, I can absolutely see that they want to be very sure before they put him on a court.

Suspect playing against the Pacers instead of a slow it down type team makes it a bit harder. In my experience, jogging comes quickly, way before it's safe to sprint.

Is there a way to tape him so he can't hit the turbo button? :D
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,966

Post#247 » by Plossum » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:35 am

Jez2983 wrote:

Do you think he comes back this series?
#LockUpChuck
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#248 » by BigO » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:58 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
BigO wrote:
blazza18 wrote:

100% agree right up to the point youd argue hes an important piece one way or the other as it relates to the playoffs. bigs off the bench first and foremost in the playoffs have to be able to defend. switch... gaurd the rim. he cant. scrubs abuse him. its his biggest issue

portis has to put up big efficient numbers to contribute. we gonna lose this series on the defensive end. his minutes need to be limited if hes not rolling

If the Bucks had a big who could defend, other than Giannis, you'd have a point. What big would you replace him with?

If the Bucks lose the series, it will probably be because of the defense. BP is not a great defender, but the Bucks got killed yesterday when he was off the court. So the alternatives are worse.

The Bucks problem, like many teams, is when you get past the starting five, there's very little to turn to. And in the Bucks case, they don't have their starting five.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,328

Post#249 » by rilamann » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:06 am

msiris wrote:
rilamann wrote:One of my favorite things about the board this season has been how right on cue after every loss the We're old and unathletic excuse comes out.

We're old an unathletic when we lose to the Wizards and Raptors, but we're not old and unathletic when we blow out the Celtics and Thunder apparently or when we blow the Pacers out in game 1....lol

I wish just 1 time after we blew out Boston twice or when we blew out OKC someone would have been like We're old and unathletic, I can't believe we just somehow blew-out one of the best teams in the league again.

Just 1 time.

The Bucks are indeed old and they're not the most athletic team in the league.

But that's not why they are a major disappointment.

The Bucks are a disappointment because they are poorly coached and only show up when they feel like it, which is around 1 out of every 4 or 5 games.
I think it has to do with low bbiq more than anything.

That has a lot to do with it. I agree with you, I think the Buck's low collective BBIQ has a lot more to do with things than their age. That's part of what makes this team annoying, the one catch of being old in the game of basketball is you can make up for with experience and savvy. Not this Bucks team.

They're old, but IQ wise they play like a bunch of guys in their early 20's who are still figuring things out.

We've seen the Bucks do the same low BBIQ things under 3 different head coaches in 1 year now.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,497

Post#250 » by HKPackFan » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:29 am

Jez2983 wrote:

I'm no athlete, nor was I doing any treatment. When I tore my calf, I mainly rested a couple months and finally felt OK by 3rd month. A couple somewhat active days in that first month I did feeling nagging and definitely knew I couldn't run on it.

If he's not sprinting yet I don't expect him to be back in a few days. :(

Of course you would know way more, just my non athletic personal experience. I thought hammies were the worst. In American football seems like once a guy pulls a hammy, he's dealing with it the entire season, and it's in and out of games for months.
#FreeChuckDiesel
soboMP3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,301

Post#251 » by soboMP3 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:35 am

What is the point of that response? Lol. You’re talking hamstrings. “Well when i brook my hip it was hard for me to get back to the court, so Giannis is basically done”.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,497

Post#252 » by HKPackFan » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:42 am

soboMP3 wrote:What is the point of that response? Lol. You’re talking hamstrings. “Well when i brook my hip it was hard for me to get back to the court, so Giannis is basically done”.

It wouldn't be realgm if we didn't bring our Dr opinions into play.

The hammy comment was Jez saying hammies are the easiest to come back to, that was a surprise.
#FreeChuckDiesel
soboMP3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,301

Post#253 » by soboMP3 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:46 am

Right? Just such an odd response lol.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,764

Post#254 » by AussieBuck » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:52 am

HKPackFan wrote:
soboMP3 wrote:What is the point of that response? Lol. You’re talking hamstrings. “Well when i brook my hip it was hard for me to get back to the court, so Giannis is basically done”.

It wouldn't be realgm if we didn't bring our Dr opinions into play.

The hammy comment was Jez saying hammies are the easiest to come back to, that was a surprise.

Very common injury in AFL football.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,661

Post#255 » by -Jragon- » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:52 pm

It all could be true; or it can be rubbish. Maybe we won't know until next month.
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,185

Post#256 » by raysbookclub » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:56 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
raysbookclub wrote:All I want is more Andre Jackson Jr.

If this loss makes Doc give him 15 min a game, the loss was worth it.

Don't hold your breath. I've been trying to put it into the universe for 84 games and its simply not happening. Only explanation is that AJJ is awful in practice.

Lol. But, I was doing the same for moving Beasley to the bench, and it finally happened after 80 games. :pray:
MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,384

Post#257 » by MoreTrife » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:01 pm

Agree with Beas comment, disagree with AJJ. Highly athletic, just way too spazzy. He's like a puppy just spazzing out with no control. He clearly is putting in max effort but very little substance and understanding of fundamental perimeter defense. Namely, he doesn't stay in front of his guy at all. Jrue, when you watch him barely looks like he is trying on perimeter defense but he's just a stone wall that slides and stays in front of his man.
Chad34
RealGM
And1: 5,215

Post#258 » by Chad34 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:16 pm

BigO wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
BigO wrote:

If the Bucks had a big who could defend, other than Giannis, you'd have a point. What big would you replace him with?

If the Bucks lose the series, it will probably be because of the defense. BP is not a great defender, but the Bucks got killed yesterday when he was off the court. So the alternatives are worse.

The Bucks problem, like many teams, is when you get past the starting five, there's very little to turn to. And in the Bucks case, they don't have their starting five.

Can we sign someone like Gabriel?
tsamo
Junior
And1: 203

Post#259 » by tsamo » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:33 pm

If Giannis were to come back in this series, it would probably be on game 5.
In a perfect world we split the next two games in Indiana.

If we can somehow limit Siakam, who even if he's not defended the best, has made some disgusting shots and force Haliburton to shoot more and get a little shooting luck, maybe we can win one of the next two.
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,363

Post#260 » by Wooderson » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:42 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks