ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Bucks deny Pistons to talk to Horst

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,601

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#301 » by Bernman » Fri May 3, 2024 1:33 am

At least Dame didn't blow his Achilles (I don't think). Gives us something to work with next yr. But they have to be honest w/ themselves and maneuver. If Doc's going to be POBO, that'd entail somehow getting even older. lol
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,923

Post#302 » by Fotis St » Fri May 3, 2024 1:43 am

Brook , Pat , Beasley can gtfo

I keep Dame, Pat Bev, AJ Green, Giannis, Portis

I am trading Khris. His trade value should be really high. He played really good at the playoffs but we need healthy athletic wings to carry the regular season load and keep DL and GA healthy.

Draft an athletic wing and a mobile Center
In regular season develop AJJ, give Beauchamp one last chance.

I am OK keeping Khris too , it helps team chemistry, maybe just one last dance.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,067

Post#303 » by Matches Malone » Fri May 3, 2024 1:45 am

When Doc mentioned getting the defense back on track next year, Eric Nehm asked him if he believes Brook can still be a part of that, to which Doc said pretty confidently, yes. I'm a little more skeptical on that and wouldn't mind getting some new bigs around Giannis.

I just hope a full off-season will get Dame right. Gobert was poopy his first time with Minnesota and then he came back the next year and it's worked out so far.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,214

Post#304 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri May 3, 2024 1:49 am

Matches Malone wrote:When Doc mentioned getting the defense back on track next year, Eric Nehm asked him if he believes Brook can still be a part of that, to which Doc said pretty confidently, yes. I'm a little more skeptical on that and wouldn't mind getting some new bigs around Giannis.

You can definitely play him against more traditional bigs, which yes teams still do have and play, but man I dunno if he's more than a 15-25max minute guy most nights. And we're paying him more millions than he should play minutes really.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,269

Post#305 » by FlagsFlyForever » Fri May 3, 2024 1:50 am

fansinceforever wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:We’re never winning a title with Dame.

He’s like Big Dog twenty-five years earlier. He causes your defense to have too many breakdowns. You can’t hide him. Bill Simmons was correct back in October.

The worst thing is we now have to do these proclamations with no real evidence either way because of no Giannis and Dame being hobbled. We still don't have idea what we are.

Honestly, I think we know. Even at full strength this team can't defend anyone. And at another year older, what're we just going to run teams off the floor? Doubt it.

Run teams off the floor is exactly what we did when we were healthy. Lillard-Middleton-Giannis was the #1 trio in the league this season at +17.5.
Read on Twitter
yb90
Pro Prospect
And1: 258

Post#306 » by yb90 » Fri May 3, 2024 1:52 am

After a rough season the Bucks go into the offseason without Midd, Lill, or Giannis needing surgery is a plus.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,747

Post#307 » by msiris » Fri May 3, 2024 1:58 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:Giannis had his best offensive season of his career. Dame had a "disappointing" season where he put up 25 points a game on 59% TS and 7 assists a game and an even better postseason. We let Khris play a super subdued third leg role while letting those two gel when in fact he's still a **** killer who needed to a featured guy. Turn that into a three headed monster and not just three guys playing together. Fill around their strengths and weaknesses.
The problem is that filling those holes and there is alot of them. Need Starting Sg, an athletic Sf backing up Mids, and a big who doesn't get played off the floor like Brook and Bobby do.
Ride the tank
Karsenmitsche
Junior
And1: 271

Post#308 » by Karsenmitsche » Fri May 3, 2024 2:00 am

Matches Malone wrote:When Doc mentioned getting the defense back on track next year, Eric Nehm asked him if he believes Brook can still be a part of that, to which Doc said pretty confidently, yes. I'm a little more skeptical on that and wouldn't mind getting some new bigs around Giannis.

I just hope a full off-season will get Dame right. Gobert was poopy his first time with Minnesota and then he came back the next year and it's worked out so far.

I actually saw that response as the opposite, it was like 3 words and very emotionless. He’s not going to say no, but he pretty much said it without saying it.
"Ill never leave the city of Milwaukee till we build the team to a championship level"-Giannis
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#309 » by Matches Malone » Fri May 3, 2024 2:02 am

Karsenmitsche wrote:

I actually saw that response as the opposite, it was like 3 words and very emotionless. He’s not going to say no, but he pretty much said it without saying it.

I'll have to go back and listen again. I'm annoyed right now so everything I'm taking in I'm just mad about :lol:
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,747

Post#310 » by msiris » Fri May 3, 2024 2:05 am

No more Pat C, Jae,and Beas for sure.
Ride the tank
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,892

Post#311 » by blazza18 » Fri May 3, 2024 2:06 am

I don't think Brook can play such an important role for us next season. I don't know if that means trading him or making him the backup but we need a better solution at the center spot
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#312 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri May 3, 2024 2:08 am

msiris wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Giannis had his best offensive season of his career. Dame had a "disappointing" season where he put up 25 points a game on 59% TS and 7 assists a game and an even better postseason. We let Khris play a super subdued third leg role while letting those two gel when in fact he's still a **** killer who needed to a featured guy. Turn that into a three headed monster and not just three guys playing together. Fill around their strengths and weaknesses.
The problem is that filling those holes and there is alot of them. Need Starting Sg, an athletic Sf backing up Mids, and a big who doesn't get played off the floor like Brook and Bobby do.

I truly don't think that's that much though. Like we have a #23, #33, Bobby, Brook and Pat's salary to move around, could add Marjon if you think he has any value around the league. I think we have the value on this roster to fill a lot of holes. I'm also ready to value what AJ and AJJ could add to the team next season under a non Griff offseason.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Karsenmitsche
Junior
And1: 271

Post#313 » by Karsenmitsche » Fri May 3, 2024 2:12 am

blazza18 wrote:I don't think Brook can play such an important role for us next season. I don't know if that means trading him or making him the backup but we need a better solution at the center spot

Proper asset management would mean trading him with one season left on his deal. Bucks can’t afford to pass up on a first round pick to keep Brook an extra year with our current situation.

If we don’t trade him for picks I think Dillon Brooks for Lopez is almost a perfect pairing for both teams in terms of salary and need.
"Ill never leave the city of Milwaukee till we build the team to a championship level"-Giannis
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,288

Post#314 » by humanrefutation » Fri May 3, 2024 2:35 am

I think this team is more aligned for a retool around the bench than any sort of major overhaul. That might mean trading a guy like Brook for multiple quality bench dudes because we're going to be a second apron team and have very few mechanisms to improve the roster otherwise.

We have to nail our draft picks as well. That'll be essential.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#315 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri May 3, 2024 2:41 am

Pat, Marjon, #23 for Thybulle, Reath
Bobby, #33 for Nance, #21
Brook for Barnes, Mitchell

Dame / Bev / Mitchell
Thybulle / AJ / AJJ
Middleton / Barnes
Nance / Barnes
Giannis / Reath

#21 and TPMLE.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,288

Post#316 » by humanrefutation » Fri May 3, 2024 2:42 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:Pat, Marjon, #23 for Thybulle, Reath
Bobby, #33 for Nance, #21
Brook for Barnes, Mitchell

Dame / Bev / Mitchell
Thybulle / AJ / AJJ
Middleton / Barnes
Nance / Barnes
Giannis / Reath

#21 and TPMLE.

I don't think we get the TPMLE because we're above the second apron.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,520

Post#317 » by GoldenAntlers » Fri May 3, 2024 2:43 am

This is where I'm at right now. +AJJ
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,833

Post#318 » by worthlessBucks » Fri May 3, 2024 2:48 am

No more aarp card rosters.
Go Bucks!
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#319 » by Matches Malone » Fri May 3, 2024 2:48 am

I think this is a good crop to keep together and fill in around this.

Damian Lillard
Giannis Antetokounmpo
Khris Middleton
Andre Jackson Jr.
AJ Green
Thanasis Antetokounmpo (obviously)
#23 1st Round Pick (would be fine trading for rotation player)
#33 2nd Round Pick

With Ajax and Green getting some playoff experience, I'm hoping Doc doesn't just try to completely phase them out and give them a legit chance at meaningful rotation minutes in camp. The moves on the margins are going to be crucial this year now that you have Dame and Giannis in place, probably Middleton too.
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#320 » by Matches Malone » Fri May 3, 2024 2:55 am

Read on Twitter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks