PG Pacers Game 4 - Loss

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,074

Re: PG Pacers Game 4 - Loss 

Post#281 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:46 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:Feeling pretty unfortunately confident neither is going to play game 5.

They won't be playing.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,986

Post#282 » by Prez » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:48 pm

Brutal. Needed game 3 to buy them an extra game of rest. Not that I'm confident they would've been able to make it back for game 6 anyways. Just not our season.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,790

Post#283 » by AussieBuck » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:05 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Feeling pretty unfortunately confident neither is going to play game 5.

They won't be playing.

Is this a you know thing or a prediction?
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#284 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:12 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:

They won't be playing.

Both officially listed as doubtful. Technically it could happen but for a realistic chance they'd be listed as questionable.
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,481

Post#285 » by steger_3434 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:16 pm

2 years in a row Gianni’s doesn’t play in the playoffs. Him being an injury concern is a legit argument. We said Boston is screwed because it’s just a matter of time before porzingas was going to be hurt. Giannis has become that guy.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,921

Post#286 » by fansinceforever » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:24 pm

Giannis played in the playoffs last season.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,790

Post#287 » by AussieBuck » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:29 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:They won't be playing.

Both officially listed as doubtful. Technically it could happen but for a realistic chance they'd be listed as questionable.

Yeah it does seem like doubtful has been fairly meaningful a designation for the team. Has felt like a season that wasn't meant to be for quite a while.

Reckon I'll skip the offseason insanity here given its already ramping up.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
MuckyFingers
Junior
And1: 180

Post#288 » by MuckyFingers » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:32 pm

Just rule them both out until training camp already and put us out of our misery.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,782

Post#289 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:55 pm

How the hell is Giannis doubtful? He did a full speed workout yesterday. Get him on the floor.

The medical team cleared him all those at the end of the regular season, but sit him out now?
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 5,005

Post#290 » by Plossum » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:09 am

The Bucks org has def Bogut’d the fan base on the seriousness of Giannis’ injury.

I look forward to the leaks to Shams/Woj after the series about how hobbled Giannis was.

Seems he was never going to play and they I reckon they knew it.
#LockUpChuck
Plossum
General Manager

Post#291 » by Plossum » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:12 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:How the hell is Giannis doubtful? He did a full speed workout yesterday. Get him on the floor.

The medical team cleared him all those at the end of the regular season, but sit him out now?

I think the FO is honestly tanking the season at this point. They don’t want to risk Giannis coming back and making the injury worse which then impacts us next season.

Even with Giannis back, it seems unlikely we’re taking the next three against Indy and then a tough series against the Knicks (with Boston then likely Denver).

I think we’ve waived the white flag on a cursed season and are ready to move on to next year.
#LockUpChuck
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#292 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:38 am

Plossum wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:How the hell is Giannis doubtful? He did a full speed workout yesterday. Get him on the floor.

I think the FO is honestly tanking the season at this point. They don’t want to risk Giannis coming back and making the injury worse which then impacts us next season.

Even with Giannis back, it seems unlikely we’re taking the next three against Indy and then a tough series against the Knicks (with Boston then likely Denver).

I think we’ve waived the white flag on a cursed season and are ready to move on to next year.

Weird thing is, there's really no risk of a serious injury, the only risk is the same injury. Tanking the playoffs is the dumbest thing I've ever heard
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,625

Post#293 » by RogerMurdock » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:05 am

Read on Twitter
Plossum
General Manager

Post#294 » by Plossum » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:18 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Plossum wrote:

Weird thing is, there's really no risk of a serious injury, the only risk is the same injury. Tanking the playoffs is the dumbest thing I've ever heard

I’m not a medical expert but I’d have thought the injury could get a whole lot worse if he’s underdone and comes back too early?
#LockUpChuck
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#295 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:21 am

I'll go with the medical personnel (actual Doctors) who have access to the actual scans (I assume there have been several) as well as the training staff who are working with him on his rehab.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#296 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:29 am

MickeyDavis wrote:I'll go with the medical personnel (actual Doctors) who have access to the actual scans (I assume there have been several) as well as the training staff who are working with him on his rehab.

Where were these geniuses the last 2 weeks of the season? They sure didn't do anything for Giannis and Dame then.

They've lost credibility. I did trust them. Now I don't.
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,269

Post#297 » by FlagsFlyForever » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:38 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:They won't be playing.

The Bucks don't care about injury designations.
Read on Twitter
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,108

Post#298 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:50 am

wasnt middleton doubtful before the last game?
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,108

Post#299 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:53 am

i feel like we try to win the next one at home with the lineup from last night (remind everybody to keep their cool on box outs).... and if somehow we win we bring the cannons out for the indy game 6.

i wouldnt rush anybody back unless we pulled off an upset in game 5
James1980
Veteran
And1: 400

Post#300 » by James1980 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:49 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Plossum wrote:

With a calf strain can't you rupture achilles a la KD?
NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks