JonHeist
Junior
And1: 591

Re: PG Pacers Game 5 - Big Win 

Post#381 » by JonHeist » Fri May 3, 2024 4:36 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
JonHeist wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Per Dr Jeff Stotts, he sees no reason the Giannis injury would increase the risk of an Achilles injury. In his opinion, Giannis would only be at risk of reinjuring the original injury.

I'm 99.9% sure the team bullshited about Giannis' injury to sell more playoff tickets at a better price

I wouldn't be even the slightest bit surprised if he still isn't back for the season opener

The league has rules against that. The fines would be bigger than the extra ticket revenue.

It took longer than they expected for him to recover, but he didn't lose a leg.

I'm fairly certain if there had been a single instance of a team getting fined for something like that I'd have heard about it.

Would love to be wrong tho, would mean my fears are unjustified.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,783

Post#382 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri May 3, 2024 4:40 am

JonHeist wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
JonHeist wrote:
I'm 99.9% sure the team bullshited about Giannis' injury to sell more playoff tickets at a better price

I wouldn't be even the slightest bit surprised if he still isn't back for the season opener

The league has rules against that. The fines would be bigger than the extra ticket revenue.

I'm fairly certain if there had been a single instance of a team getting fined for something like that I'd have heard about it.

Several teams were fined for it this year
JonHeist
Junior
And1: 591

Post#383 » by JonHeist » Fri May 3, 2024 4:44 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
JonHeist wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

Several teams were fined for it this year

Yeah, 100k max (aka a totally inconsequential amount). And that was for not having someone on the injury report before pulling them last minute (it was Embiid)... a completely different situation than listing Giannis as doubtful or GTD but knowing there was no chance he could play.

There were also some 25k fines, but those were either for listing someone as out, but then switching last minute and playing them. Or not having them on the report at all, but then sitting them (like the Embiid one, but only the sixers got hit with 100k).

Return to Milwaukee Bucks