ejn1214
Pro Prospect
And1: 695

Re: PG Indy Game 6 - Loss 

Post#202 » by ejn1214 » Fri May 3, 2024 2:47 am

steger_3434 wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
1-2 games dont define superstars. jrue had games like that too. to me dame is more that khirs/jrue scale than superstar guy now. he makes a fair point imo

Lol, Jrue is Pat Bev without the attitude now. Not in the same stratosphere as Dame.

If jrue is pat beverly then dame is Tony Delk

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Have you watched the Celtics games? Classic jrue playoff inefficiency, but on less volume. Just like people talking about Grayson positively when he was invisible in that series before he got hurt.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,601

Post#203 » by Bernman » Fri May 3, 2024 2:51 am

The Bucks have to acquire McConnell like Kohl would just to prevent him from going off on us. It was out of hand 4 yrs ago.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,188

Post#204 » by theFireBlanket » Fri May 3, 2024 2:53 am

Bernman wrote:The Bucks have to acquire McConnell like Kohl would just to prevent him from going off on us. It was out of hand 4 yrs ago.

Sounded like he's bribing our coaching staff with bottles of wine already? He'd come to MKE & stink it up. Bigger & or defensive minded guards to pair with Dame ,imo.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,321

Post#205 » by paulpressey25 » Fri May 3, 2024 2:57 am

tydett wrote:Anyone saying we'd be better this season with Jrue and Grayson obviously did not watch Jrue or Grayson in these playoffs.

The point is this. We blew our wad on Dame. And frankly what we got was Harden (I like Steger’s comp there) versus Steph.

You can say “yes, I want Harden more than Grayson and Jrue” and that’s fine. But it belies the fact we also traded three full years of our draft, at a time when Giannis will be 34 years old. Those swaps and pick had tremendous value. Those assets could have been used in a different trade.

I don’t fault the Dame trade. Seemed like a great idea at the time. But it didn’t work.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,361

Post#206 » by jute2003 » Fri May 3, 2024 3:00 am

Giannis gets hurt playing baby minutes and he gets hurt playing big boy minutes. Playstyle needs to change
only a fan, only an opinion
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,041

Post#207 » by Daver » Fri May 3, 2024 3:01 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
tydett wrote:Anyone saying we'd be better this season with Jrue and Grayson obviously did not watch Jrue or Grayson in these playoffs.

The point is this. We blew our wad on Dame. And frankly what we got was Harden (I like Steger’s comp there) versus Steph.

You can say “yes, I want Harden more than Grayson and Jrue” and that’s fine. But it belies the fact we also traded three full years of our draft, at a time when Giannis will be 34 years old. Those swaps and pick had tremendous value. Those assets could have been used in a different trade.

I don’t fault the Dame trade. Seemed like a great idea at the time. But it didn’t work.

Glad people can judge this dame trade considering when the big 3 played together they had the best net rating in all of basketball.They played like 15 games together all year.Hpw in tbe hell does anyone on this board know if it works or doesnt work with 15 games played together.This is easily close to a 60 win team if all 3 play the full year together.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,520

Post#208 » by GoldenAntlers » Fri May 3, 2024 3:03 am

Daver wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

Glad people can judge this dame trade considering when the big 3 played together they had the best net rating in all of basketball.They played like 15 games together all year.Hpw in tbe hell does anyone on this board know if it works or doesnt work with 15 games played together.This is easily close to a 60 win team if all 3 play the full year together.
I agree.

I also think of the Brooklyn KD/Kyrie/Harden Nets.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,601

Post#209 » by Bernman » Fri May 3, 2024 3:04 am

paulpressey25 wrote:The point is this. We blew our wad on Dame. And frankly what we got was Harden (I like Steger’s comp there) versus Steph.

I appreciate him saying he wants to be here. He seems like a good guy. I might want to go forward with this direction if he were late 20's, maybe even early 30's. But he's almost 34. That to me is the main issue, not that he may have bad on court chemistry, or it's questionable he's a big winning player. We could experiment for another year, if not for the age.

Now, I think we have to take emotion out of this, and cut our losses, or maybe even take our value gain from the Jrue true, get a younger core player that fits the timeline, while becoming deeper. Otherwise we'll have exhausted an asset & be up a creek without the paddle when Giannis is in his 30's, and we've given up all our own picks thru '30, which will be ugly if GA wants out.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
theFireBlanket
RealGM

Post#210 » by theFireBlanket » Fri May 3, 2024 3:04 am

Khris is obviously the leader of this team. So level headed & committed to getting better. *Aside, he said he knows Giannis was fuming, without talking to him. Confirms what I saw,

ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,783

Post#211 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri May 3, 2024 3:04 am

paulpressey25 wrote:

We didn't trade 3 years of our draft, come on negative Nelly. Portland won't be pick swapping with us. We traded 1 pick. We can trade 2 1sts this offseason. We're in much better shape because of that deal.

The mistakes were getting tied up to Brook Lopez at $48 million, and bringing in Malik Beasley to this team.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,321

Post#212 » by paulpressey25 » Fri May 3, 2024 3:08 am

Daver wrote:Glad people can judge this dame trade considering when the big 3 played together they had the best net rating in all of basketball.They played like 15 games together all year.Hpw in tbe hell does anyone on this board know if it works or doesnt work with 15 games played together.This is easily close to a 60 win team if all 3 play the full year together.

See this proposition a lot on here. At the same time, all three guys can’t play together all 48 minutes. More importantly, the injury history of these guys would indicate that you can’t rely on all three being on the court for an entire playoffs, load management or no load management.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
PANDEMONEUM
Analyst
And1: 404

Post#213 » by PANDEMONEUM » Fri May 3, 2024 3:09 am

Doc is/was, better than Griffin?
yea?

very annoyed how little Green and Ajax played.
they showed, in this playoffs, that their youth and athleticism is needed.

i hate Beverly.
yes, i can admit that he helped win us some games.
but, when hes not effective, Doc stayed with him and played him 35mins.

i hope the Bucks remove all of the vets so Docs bench choices are,
Green, Marjon, Ajax, Livingston and the 2 draft picks.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,946

Post#214 » by tydett » Fri May 3, 2024 3:10 am

paulpressey25 wrote:

It's tough to say it didn't work when Giannis' injury is the primary reason for the early exit, not Dame. And finding yourself agreeing with steger or rilamann is not really a place you should want to be - dudes could watch a Bucks team sweep through the playoffs in 16 games and would wonder why they didn't score more or win in 15 games.

Another bum postseason with Jrue and Grayson means that they are not viewed as assets that can fetch a player like Dame, of which I'm not sure there's one soon to be available anyways - and whom the Bucks get absolutely trounced in the asset department by the likes of OKC or Denver (assuming they don't repeat).

The answer is that failing to address the team around Dame and Giannis by assuming that Dame would fulfill the same role as Gray and Jrue was the bigger problem - and hiring a paste eater to try and make that partnership flourish, who immediately chased off the only competent brain who could've maybe solved the puzzle - were the real failures.
theFireBlanket
RealGM

Post#215 » by theFireBlanket » Fri May 3, 2024 3:14 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
Daver wrote:Glad people can judge this dame trade considering when the big 3 played together they had the best net rating in all of basketball.They played like 15 games together all year.Hpw in tbe hell does anyone on this board know if it works or doesnt work with 15 games played together.This is easily close to a 60 win team if all 3 play the full year together.

See this proposition a lot on here. At the same time, all three guys can’t play together all 48 minutes. More importantly, the injury history of these guys would indicate that you can’t rely on all three being on the court for an entire playoffs, load management or no load management.

Dame had to refrain from activity while waiting for a trade. He'll be healthier next year. He knows he's playing for Doc, he knows he's in Milwaukee. Whatever his family situation is, he'll be better acclimated.

Khris sounds & looks healthier than he has in awhile.

Giannis needs to slow down like in July 21.

ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#216 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri May 3, 2024 3:22 am

paulpressey25 wrote:

True, but how many durable stars are there? Jokic and who else?
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 10,001

Post#217 » by sidney lanier » Fri May 3, 2024 3:22 am

Too many things to overcome. The tumblers have to click in place to open the championship safe, as they did three years ago.

They will again. Very disappointed, but also very encouraged. We know the ability is there, and this too short playoff run showed us they have the heart.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#218 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri May 3, 2024 3:23 am

In his 1st time starting in the playoffs, Bobby Portis averaged 19 points and 13 rebounds per game in his 5 full games.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,691

Post#219 » by BroncoBuck » Fri May 3, 2024 3:25 am

-Jragon- wrote:
German Athens wrote:
BroncoBuck wrote:If Brook is on this team next year I’ll riot.

We need someone like him to give us the ability to play big, but as soon as he signed that contract, we needed/need to move off him.

Everyone likes that he can play big.. the part they don't like is teams use his slow feet against us on D. He keeps us stuck in that drop D that is nice for awhile then burns us

We just didn’t need a stretch big once we added Dame.

Brook was fine when we had defensive stoppers at point guard who were ok/mediocre 3 point shooters. We added one of the best to ever do it and half the time Brook is standing next to him calling for the ball while Dame is shooting.

They need to play Giannis at the 5 a bit more depending on matchups and add a cheaper true center.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,041

Post#220 » by Daver » Fri May 3, 2024 3:30 am

BroncoBuck wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:
German Athens wrote:
We need someone like him to give us the ability to play big, but as soon as he signed that contract, we needed/need to move off him.

Everyone likes that he can play big.. the part they don't like is teams use his slow feet against us on D. He keeps us stuck in that drop D that is nice for awhile then burns us

We just didn’t need a stretch big once we added Dame.

Brook was fine when we had defensive stoppers at point guard who were ok/mediocre 3 point shooters. We added one of the best to ever do it and half the time Brook is standing next to him calling for the ball while Dame is shooting.

They need to play Giannis at the 5 a bit more depending on matchups and add a cheaper true center.

Think the bucks need to move brook downlow more he csn score almost at will.Giannis if hes serious about wanting another chip has to redefine his game to a more midrange type.Work on his low post 15 foot shots n in game.The 3 pointers ge shoots need to end n brook needs to pull in the reigns on his 3 pt shooting as well

Return to Milwaukee Bucks