ImageImage

PG Indy Game 6 - Loss

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Re: PG Indy Game 6 - Loss 

Post#161 » by BigO » Fri May 3, 2024 1:53 am

This will be my last post for a few months, unless there is a change in the front office or the roster. I need a break and many of you will rightfully applaud my sabbatical.

Kudos to Daver and Blaza who have hit the mark on the two main things:

1) This roster is a championship roster. The starting five, even with Beasley, was the best in the NBA when they played together. Keep the core together. Any suggestion to the contrary is emotional claptrap.

2) The problem with Giannis is not the number of minutes he plays, but the type of game he plays. He needs to play in the post a ton more. He's already good at it and needs to develop it more for the second half of his career. This is a huge point that I hope Horst understands, but probably doesn't.

He needs to save his attack the basket game for the playoffs or just in crucial times of a regular season game.

3) The bench is horrible, but blaming Horst is ridiculous. The Pacers have had higher draft choices and more cap space than the Bucks, so they should have a better bench.

4) I was wrong in my prediction tonight. I did pick the Pacers for a 120-104 win (pretty close), but the Pacers didn't win by the three. Doc played the game as I would have and conceded the two. It didn't work.

5) I like Pat Bev, but some of the praise of him is over the top.

In summary, leave the Big 4 and BP alone. Use AJ or AJJ as a starting guard and see what they can do. The roster is fine. Giannis's game needs to be adjusted to avoid the unbelievable pounding his knees are getting.

Thanks MD.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,353

Post#162 » by RiotPunch » Fri May 3, 2024 1:53 am

#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,481

Post#163 » by steger_3434 » Fri May 3, 2024 1:53 am

How much more did Dane bring to this team than jrue did? Would we have won less regular season games with jrue? Less playoff games? What value did dame bring us? He’s harden. Through and through.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,673

Post#164 » by -Jragon- » Fri May 3, 2024 1:55 am

Wooderson wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:
Wooderson wrote:Defenders? They had one of the worst defenses in the league this year...

They looked like 4x faster than us and we never shot an open shot

Because the Bucks are old/slow and only have two ball handers who can drive and one of them missed the entire series.

I agree... so let's fix that or Indy will beat us again the same way next year.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,110

Post#165 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri May 3, 2024 1:58 am

fansinceforever wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:I'm not selling low on Dame, but definitely ok selling medium or higher

I don't see any reason why we'd have to sell low.

he sure as **** didnt improve his trade value this season tho
milweskee
Starter
And1: 348

Post#166 » by milweskee » Fri May 3, 2024 1:58 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
milweskee wrote:Dame is a fake star. I don't honestly see how people want him back next year. What an absolute disaster of a trade that was. Dame was a net negative. His offense and chemistry with Giannis was supposed to eclipse the other side of the ball and it never did.

Chucking and making the occassional deep 3's and baiting fouls didn't foster the chemistry needed to win.

you may go to far because there is an intangible effect hes capable of in those big moments but in general youre right.

we had flexibility....

jrue had crazy value league wide with the highest net rating on the team(he was our glue gun)
grayson had more value than anybody else on the team besides giannis, jrue, and khris
a pick is a pick
and pick swaps are worth at least a 2nd we gave up two

it was a ton of asset value for a guy that didnt make us appreciably better than wed been. if we were gonna blow all that **** we had to get better. i dont think we did even tho dame vs jrue in a vacuum may have been marginally better if they both had the same health outlook

Dame is like an early 2000s all star guard. He's not a catalyst.

Bucks could've used a catalyst or a low usage sniper and/or upgraded a different position with those assets.

With Dame you needed late game antics to win an occasional nail biter and it was fun but don't forget we used to beat teams by 20+ in 3 quarters on regular rotation.
James1980
Veteran
And1: 402

Post#167 » by James1980 » Fri May 3, 2024 1:58 am

ABucksFan wrote:I just cant **** understand how someone always goes **** nuclear against us every **** year. FVV, Duncan R, Grant W, Tj mc, Obi its someone every ruckn year, yet we’ve never had a role guy go nuclear like that man

I think it has a lot to do with us leaving good to decent 3 point shooters wide open.
NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.
Karsenmitsche
Junior
And1: 271

Post#168 » by Karsenmitsche » Fri May 3, 2024 1:58 am

steger_3434 wrote:How much more did Dane bring to this team than jrue did? Would we have won less regular season games with jrue? Less playoff games? What value did dame bring us? He’s harden. Through and through.

did you watch games 1+2? he showed he’s still a superstar when it matters. who gives af about the regular season.
"Ill never leave the city of Milwaukee till we build the team to a championship level"-Giannis
steger_3434
RealGM

Post#169 » by steger_3434 » Fri May 3, 2024 2:01 am

Karsenmitsche wrote:
steger_3434 wrote:How much more did Dane bring to this team than jrue did? Would we have won less regular season games with jrue? Less playoff games? What value did dame bring us? He’s harden. Through and through.

did you watch games 1+2? he showed he’s still a superstar when it matters. who gives af about the regular season.

Jrue helped us win nba final games with his defense. Dame was not a superstar at any Mount this year. Oconnel almost did what dame did in game 1 tonight.

yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
milweskee
Starter

Post#170 » by milweskee » Fri May 3, 2024 2:01 am

Karsenmitsche wrote:

Win a close game with 1 shot a couple times or be a catalyst on a team that wins by a margin of 8 to 10 points regularly? Who you got?
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#171 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri May 3, 2024 2:02 am

imo... dame and lopez..... even portis and patc.... should all go if there is a market.... and stay if there isnt.

to me its that easy

ive been reload ready as much as anybody here but....i can be convinced to stand pat fairly easily if somebody offered me peanuts for any one of them
yb90
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Post#172 » by yb90 » Fri May 3, 2024 2:04 am

Need AJJ to go into the lab and come out a more athletic Bruce Brown/Josh Hart type. Get stronger and someone who can finish at the rim on back cuts, straight line drives, and on the break while continuing doing the little things at a high level.

Green needs to work on his dribble and improve as an off the ball defender. I don't think he is a starter but he can be a top 8 rotation guy.

Marjon - I think Marjon just needs to get stronger and hopefully turn into a better version of Pat Connaughton.

Can Thanasis get to Gary Payton II level? Is that really too much?
milweskee
Starter

Post#173 » by milweskee » Fri May 3, 2024 2:04 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:imo... dame and lopez even portis should all go if there is a market and stay if there isnt.

to me its that easy

i can be convinced to stand pat fairly easily if somebody offered me peanuts for any one of them

You're keeping Pat?? :D

I was calling for Portis to be gone at the deadline. Hope he still holds some decent value.

I wish we could make Lopez work. You would need a genius coach.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,098

Post#174 » by MickeyDavis » Fri May 3, 2024 2:05 am

BigO wrote:This will be my last post for a few months, unless there is a change in the front office or the roster. I need a break and many of you will rightfully applaud my sabbatical.

Kudos to Daver and Blaza who have hit the mark on the two main things:

1) This roster is a championship roster. The starting five, even with Beasley, was the best in the NBA when they played together. Keep the core together. Any suggestion to the contrary is emotional claptrap.

2) The problem with Giannis is not the number of minutes he plays, but the type of game he plays. He needs to play in the post a ton more. He's already good at it and needs to develop it more for the second half of his career. This is a huge point that I hope Horst understands, but probably doesn't.

He needs to save his attack the basket game for the playoffs or just in crucial times of a regular season game.

3) The bench is horrible, but blaming Horst is ridiculous. The Pacers have had higher draft choices and more cap space than the Bucks, so they should have a better bench.

4) I was wrong in my prediction tonight. I did pick the Pacers for a 120-104 win (pretty close), but the Pacers didn't win by the three. Doc played the game as I would have and conceded the two. It didn't work.

5) I like Pat Bev, but some of the praise of him is over the top.

In summary, leave the Big 4 and BP alone. Use AJ or AJJ as a starting guard and see what they can do. The roster is fine. Giannis's game needs to be adjusted to avoid the unbelievable pounding his knees are getting.

Thanks MD.

I don't applaud your sabbatical but I certainly understand it. See you next season or, hopefully, before.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 5,005

Post#175 » by drew881 » Fri May 3, 2024 2:08 am

steger_3434 wrote:
Karsenmitsche wrote:

Jrue helped us win nba final games with his defense. Dame was not a superstar at any Mount this year. Oconnel almost did what dame did in game 1 tonight.

Agree with this. We should have kept Jrue and looked for a Derrick White/McConnel backup/6th man starter. And maybe in another world we trade Lopez to do that.

My first post after the trade was that this was our Anthony Mason move. Maybe it didn't go that badly, but it still changed the dynamic of the team in a direction that was not good.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,510

Post#176 » by HKPackFan » Fri May 3, 2024 2:09 am

RiotPunch wrote:Image

This is so good. :lol: :banghead: :cry:
#FreeChuckDiesel
steger_3434
RealGM

Post#177 » by steger_3434 » Fri May 3, 2024 2:09 am

I could be convinced to keep dame. I feel he’s Gary Payton but I’d give it one more year. Giannis is obviously staying. Anyone else can see the door. Middleton is an all time bucks legend but I’m not wasting Giannis years for him to get older and slower. If this was the Michael redd bucks? Sure play Middleton until he retires. But we don’t have that option while competing for titles. He’s never going to be healthier.

And that leads me to giannis. He now should be labeled an injury prone player. He’s a like able guy? But injury wise he’s no different anymore than Embiid or Zion. He’s at a junction of his career where he could be looked upon as an all time great or a flash in the pan 4 year great. Plenty of players were superstars in the regular season. The true greats performed in the playoffs. 2 years of his prime he couldn’t get off the bench.

GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#178 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri May 3, 2024 2:09 am

Karsenmitsche wrote:

1-2 games dont define superstars. jrue had games like that too. to me dame is more that khirs/jrue scale than superstar guy now. he makes a fair point
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#179 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri May 3, 2024 2:10 am

Karsenmitsche wrote:

1-2 games dont define superstars. jrue had games like that too. to me dame is more that Khris/Jrue scale guy than superstar guy now. he makes a fair point imo.

if were trying to improve he needs to be in play especially because of how he arrived and the questions about his commitment here
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,786

Post#180 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri May 3, 2024 2:10 am

I look forward to Dame having an offseason to get his life back in order, and finding a way to get his support system back around him. He was still Dame Time at times, now to simply let him find that consistency.

He seems like a really good dude, and I'd like to see him be a part of Giannis next championship.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks