ImageImage

Who Is Available as an NBA Coach?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,852

Post#41 » by coolhandluke121 » Tue Apr 8, 2008 8:27 pm

Epicurus wrote:I think the Senator should take advantage of all the head coaching expertise found on this forum. The schedule can be broken into home stands and away trips. For each then a different forum head coaching expert would be employed as the head coach. Now perhaps by the all star game to finish the playoff run the forum head coaching expert with the most wins would be used to finish the season. I mean why limit the search for a great coach to those who actually coach when what they bring to the table can easily be matched by a forum poster. Plus it would save the head coach from one sophomoric critique and temper tantrum.

Still need a gm? Hell, just have posters send a one page deals they would do and why. Select the best. Again, as unklchuk would have it, power to the fandom.

That's a horrible idea! You really think the posters on this forum know more about coaching than Stotts and Porter and LK!? You're nuts!

Wait, are you being sarcastic?
Legend_Returns
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#42 » by Legend_Returns » Tue Apr 8, 2008 8:38 pm

[quote="coolhandluke121"]-= original quote snipped =-

That's a horrible idea! You really think the posters on this forum know more about coaching than Stotts and Porter and LK!? You're nuts!

Wait, are you being sarcastic?[/quote]

Could there be ANYONE on God's Green Earth that the Bucks could trot out there that the players would respect LESS than Larry Krapstowiak?
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#43 » by europa » Tue Apr 8, 2008 8:40 pm

Legend_Returns wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Could there be ANYONE on God's Green Earth that the Bucks could trot out there that the players would respect LESS than Larry Krapstowiak?

This is a very good point. Krystkowiak lost this team months ago. Bringing him back makes no sense to me - even if the team is blown to smithereens. The evidence strongly suggests he is in way over his head as an NBA head coach.
Nothing will not break me.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#44 » by trwi7 » Tue Apr 8, 2008 9:04 pm

europa wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

This is a very good point. Krystkowiak lost this team months ago. Bringing him back makes no sense to me - even if the team is blown to smithereens. The evidence strongly suggests he is in way over his head as an NBA head coach.

I know we disagree on certain players but here's a notepad, let's go to war with eachother.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
bigzy
Starter
And1: 12

Post#45 » by bigzy » Tue Apr 8, 2008 11:17 pm

Epicurus wrote:I think the Senator should take advantage of all the head coaching expertise found on this forum. The schedule can be broken into home stands and away trips. For each then a different forum head coaching expert would be employed as the head coach. Now perhaps by the all star game to finish the playoff run the forum head coaching expert with the most wins would be used to finish the season. I mean why limit the search for a great coach to those who actually coach when what they bring to the table can easily be matched by a forum poster. Plus it would save the head coach from one sophomoric critique and temper tantrum.

Still need a gm? Hell, just have posters send a one page deals they would do and why. Select the best. Again, as unklchuk would have it, power to the fandom.

Epi
Is there any sarcasm in this post? If you are serious could we do back to back gigs then we could assist each other. I guarantee you at least one T per game to get the crowd fired up. I know you will utilize your new octagon offense you have been working on and I want to try something defferent on defense than the Cover 2 defense LK has used this year, possibly trying to cover at least 3 guys...
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#46 » by REDDzone » Tue Apr 8, 2008 11:21 pm

bigzy wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Epi
Is there any sarcasm in this post? If you are serious could we do back to back gigs then we could assist each other. I guarantee you at least one T per game to get the crowd fired up. I know you will utilize your new octagon offense you have been working on and I want to try something defferent on defense than the Cover 2 defense LK has used this year, possibly trying to cover at least 3 guys...

LK is an idiot, but the defense is not his fault. He has the same ranked defense as the previous year (under, guess who, STOTTS; don't worry Bigzy, it wasn't even close to Stotts' fault either, seriously).

The offense on the other hand? Yea, all LK.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
bigzy
Starter

Post#47 » by bigzy » Tue Apr 8, 2008 11:28 pm

REDDzone wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

LK is an idiot, but the defense is not his fault. He has the same ranked defense as the previous year (under, guess who, STOTTS; don't worry Bigzy, it wasn't even close to Stotts' fault either, seriously).

No offense taken, the defense is an issue that the GM played a huge role in. this team is not made up of good defensive players, I was joking about the Cover 2 used by LK. I did find it humourous that he stressed how much better they would be on defense or they would not play for him and there was no improvement in the defense.
Not sure how the offense got that screwed up, with the development of Bogut they really should have been very good on offense.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#48 » by europa » Tue Apr 8, 2008 11:35 pm

No offense taken, the defense is an issue that the GM played a huge role in.

I agree. I don't think Krystkowiak has shown any indications he can be a good NBA head coach but he really was stuck with a s**t team, just like Stotts was last season. That falls right on the shoulders of Harris and Kohl.
Nothing will not break me.
Wade-A-Holic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#49 » by Wade-A-Holic » Tue Apr 8, 2008 11:51 pm

How can you blame ALL the offensive struggles on LK when we know full well that Herb instructed him to scrap an offense that he had been working on and had hoped to use extensively this season? I understand criticizing LK for not adapting and being more imaginative (I get especially irritated at his stupid out of bounds and after time out plays), but you can't pin it ALL on him.
bigzy
Starter

Post#50 » by bigzy » Tue Apr 8, 2008 11:56 pm

Wade-A-Holic wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

How can you blame ALL the offensive struggles on LK when we know full well that Herb instructed him to scrap an offense that he had been working on and had hoped to use extensively this season? I understand criticizing LK for not adapting and being more imaginative (I get especially irritated at his stupid out of bounds and after time out plays), but you can't pin it ALL on him.

The offense was not the problem last year, so if you choose to believe KOhl killed the triangle and that was the problem then why even change the offense???
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#51 » by REDDzone » Wed Apr 9, 2008 12:00 am

I just don't believe all reports, why would KOHL scrap the triangle? I mean I wouldn't put it past him, but I just am skeptical about that.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Wade-A-Holic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#52 » by Wade-A-Holic » Wed Apr 9, 2008 12:01 am

The offense was not the problem last year, so if you choose to believe KOhl killed the triangle and that was the problem then why even change the offense???

Well, if you hire a coach and expect him to bring a defensive mentality to the team, you'd better be willing to allow him to install his own offensive system as well. Like I said, I'm not exonerating Krystkowiak from all responsibility. I'm only saying that it's unfair to place all the blame on him, especially when he wanted to establish an offense that got our big men more involved - which is something EVERYBODY here wanted badly. So don't act like we all foresaw a big drop off in our offensive production.
Wade-A-Holic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#53 » by Wade-A-Holic » Wed Apr 9, 2008 12:05 am

I just don't believe all reports, why would KOHL scrap the triangle? I mean I wouldn't put it past him, but I just am skeptical about that.

It's too bizarre to make up, in my opinion. I remember reading a lot about how excited Larry K was about the triangle offense and how he was going to use it extensively... And then he doesn't use it AT ALL during the season? It sure as hell wasn't his decision.
bigzy
Starter

Post#54 » by bigzy » Wed Apr 9, 2008 12:48 am

Well, if you hire a coach and expect him to bring a defensive mentality to the team, you'd better be willing to allow him to install his own offensive system as well. Like I said, I'm not exonerating Krystkowiak from all responsibility. I'm only saying that it's unfair to place all the blame on him, especially when he wanted to establish an offense that got our big men more involved - which is something EVERYBODY here wanted badly. So don't act like we all foresaw a big drop off in our offensive production.

Getting the big man, obviously you mean Bogut, more involved is fine but not at the expense of the offensive flow. I am also not a believer that Kohl killed the triangle, the basketball IQ of this team is probably what killed the triangle.
Wade-A-Holic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#55 » by Wade-A-Holic » Wed Apr 9, 2008 1:24 am

Getting the big man, obviously you mean Bogut, more involved is fine but not at the expense of the offensive flow. I am also not a believer that Kohl killed the triangle, the basketball IQ of this team is probably what killed the triangle.

Or it could just be the general reluctance of both Mo Williams and Michael Redd to play any sort of offense that gets the big men more actively involved that killed our offense. It's no coincidence that our offense has picked up considerably with Sessions at the helm. Go figure, a point guard who actually WANTS to use his talented big man/men to his advantage.

This isn't a battle I want to fight, as I don't think Larry K is a good offensive coach. I'm just saying it's not ALL his fault.
ReddManBogieMan
Senior

Post#56 » by ReddManBogieMan » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:21 am

Another coach not mentioned:

Tom Thibodeau - Boston Celtics
http://www.nba.com/coachfile/tom_thibodeau/index.html?nav=page

I heard during Tueday's game against Boston that Tom is considered one of the best defense coaches in the league. I know he has never been head coach but I like him more than Larry Brown, JVG, Carlysle, and all the other retreads floating around out there.

Good Article:
http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2007/08/tom-thibodeau-defensive-guru.html

ReddManBogieMan
Senior

Post#57 » by ReddManBogieMan » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:32 am

Another good assistant coach not mentioned:

Phil Johnson - Utah Jazz
http://www.nba.com/coachfile/phil_johnson/index.html?nav=page

He is probably too old, but qualified nonetheless.
PaBuck
Sophomore

Post#58 » by PaBuck » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:15 pm

There are good defensive coaches on this list. However, coaches only coach and don't play. If you have zero defensive players, then what is he to do? The prime move for the Bucks is to acquire a good basketball mind at GM and give him total control to redo this team. If Kohl can't do this, then he needs to sell the team and give the fans of Milwaukee an opportunity for a competitive team.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks