ImageImage

Woelfel: Bucks continue to clean house

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#61 » by carmelbrownqueen » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:51 am

:lol: I'm starting to wonder with the way they are getting rid of people...MD, PP and a number of others will be out of a job.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
NotYoAvgNBAFan
Junior
And1: 1

Post#62 » by NotYoAvgNBAFan » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:29 am

carmelbrownqueen wrote:Besides Sampson, wonder who else Skiles has on his assistant coaching radar?
Hopefully a big man's coach like Tree Rollins or Clifford Ray.

But this is the first time he has had the chance to bring in his own guys which is interesting.

A total makeover in the entire operation! Wonderful. I love it. It is what is needed!

I could not be more pleased. Now hire a competant staff and then start dealing with player personnel!

Turn this entire roster over!
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,056

Post#63 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:59 pm

I've already been notified by Hammond. MD and I are getting replaced by a former poster who thought things were too negative on this board.

On a serious note, this is great news. Not coincidentally people thought the best coaching the last five years was done when Porter had Mike Schuler on the staff. We've needed a former head coach on the staff for a long time.

I love seeing the training staff swept out also. Maybe Hammond can lure that Pistons trainer Abdenour over here. I remember watching him give the Pistons some special "smelling salts" during a game. Not sure if that was legal, but they all seemed to be using them.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,419

Post#64 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:47 pm

Looks like I'm being traded to the Clippers for a mod to be named later. PP is being shipped to the Griz for a second rounder.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,716

Post#65 » by msiris » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:55 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Looks like I'm being traded to the Clippers for a mod to be named later. PP is being shipped to the Griz for a second rounder.
I think we should just keep you or plain cut you guys. Do not need a garbage for garbage trade. :D
Ride the tank
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,419

Post#66 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:40 pm

Sorry that won't work. We both have guaranteed contracts.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#67 » by carmelbrownqueen » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:42 pm

NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Hopefully a big man's coach like Tree Rollins or Clifford Ray.

But this is the first time he has had the chance to bring in his own guys which is interesting.

A total makeover in the entire operation! Wonderful. I love it. It is what is needed!

I could not be more pleased. Now hire a competant staff and then start dealing with player personnel!

Turn this entire roster over!
Thanks for printing Clifford Ray's name.. I could not think of his name for anything in the world last night. Yeah, I wonder what it would take to get him here?
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#68 » by xTitan » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:57 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Looks like I'm being traded to the Clippers for a mod to be named later. PP is being shipped to the Griz for a second rounder.

That GM for the Grizz needs to be fired...first Pao, now this????? :wink:
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#69 » by raferfenix » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:29 pm

I think the big man's coach is a particularly good idea---any clue on who could be potential options?

Kareem has done great work with Bynum, and I think in general that going with a former player route with practical and successful experience playing is a good way to go.

Bill Laimbeer seems like he'd be perfect, as he certainly could help give Bogut even more of a nasty streak. I bet him and Hammond know eachotehr from their detroit days as well.
75totheMACCfund
Veteran
And1: 47

Post#70 » by 75totheMACCfund » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:07 pm

hopefully some of the injuries that have plagued the bucks recently will decrease with the new medical / training staff...bring back mark pfeil.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,954

Post#71 » by Jez2983 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:59 am

twri7 wrote:So glad that our moron trainers were let go.

Can I have a turn?

75totheMACCfund wrote:with the new medical / training staff

:wave:

Well, I suppose its OK to dream once in a while... :sigh:
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,331

Post#72 » by crkone » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:33 am

Jez2983 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:wave:

Well, I suppose its OK to dream once in a while... :sigh:

It would be funny to send in a resume.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,954

Post#73 » by Jez2983 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:49 am

crkone wrote:It would be funny to send in a resume.

I think I should do it - maybe I can fool them with some international mystique. I mean, it's worked twice before, and my name is weird sounding (Hebrew/old testament first name, swedish surname) so I reckon they could be all over it!

But now they've got sensible people there, no more Larry Harris/Dave Babcock to excite with my internationalism :cry:

Jeez, I'll be Bogut's drinking buddy at the same time-like Markota but I'll actually offer something to the organisation like leg-rubbing and stuff.

EDITED TO ADD: Weird, just noted Markota is part Swedish as well - damn, if only LH hadn't been fired!

Return to Milwaukee Bucks