ImageImage

Who else will Hammond fire?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Who else will Hammond fire? 

Post#1 » by carmelbrownqueen » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:31 pm

John Hammond is doing a lot of Spring Cleaning.. so much so that even Human Resources staff are nervous about their position within the organization.

Who do you think is next to get the boot by the Bucks?
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
Johnny Newman
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#2 » by Johnny Newman » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:13 pm

Bango.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#3 » by carmelbrownqueen » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:21 pm

Hammond seriously has a lot of employees very very nervous.. and from what I was told there is a great chance a bunch more people will be looking for a new job.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#4 » by europa » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:35 pm

carmelbrownqueen wrote:Hammond seriously has a lot of employees very very nervous.. and from what I was told there is a great chance a bunch more people will be looking for a new job.

Sounds like he's in control. And that's a very good thing.
Nothing will not break me.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#5 » by carmelbrownqueen » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:45 pm

There is no doubt he's in control. No doubt at all... wonder what he had to promise in order to get this kind of carte blanche for decisions althoughout the organization?

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,421

Post#6 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:00 pm

I'm a little surprised he would have the authority over the non basketball side. Does he have experience in the marketing and ticket sales area? Maybe he does. But I doubt it.

The best way he can improve that area is by winning basketball games. Marketing the Bucks and selling tickets has been a very very difficult thing to do in recent years.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#7 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:15 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I'm a little surprised he would have the authority over the non basketball side.

He doesn't.
Business operations (tickets, marketing, PR, etc.) are still directly under the domain of John Steinmiller.

Head coach, assistant coaches, athletic trainers, etc. are all under basketball operations.

If the human resources people are displaying the level of hysteria that CBQ suggests, I hope they do get fired, but they will get fired by Steinmiller, Walter, or Kohl, not Hammond.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#8 » by aboveAverage » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:52 pm

I hope we clear house completely. This team needs new everything. From head coach to athletic trainers to marketing people, everyone must go. We need to take out the trash and put in new people who will refresh our organization.
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 994

Post#9 » by Ryan5UW » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:54 pm

He can fire half of Energee and I'd be ok with it...
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
Neapolitan Buck
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by Neapolitan Buck » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:15 pm

Johnny Newman wrote:Bango.
magpies
Senior

Post#11 » by magpies » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:31 pm

Thank god we have Hammond shaking up this organization, this team needed it, hopefully the players feel the pressure and that we are able to get takers for Gaz, Mo or Redd and Simmons and that Hammond gets something in return
Johnny Newman
Banned User

Post#12 » by Johnny Newman » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:36 pm

Hammond handed me a pink slip today. I can no longer server beer at the Bradley Center. I guess I was caught drinking the profits on camera.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#13 » by WRau1 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:46 pm

He should fire Energee. Replace them all with chicks that pass the elbow test.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#14 » by carmelbrownqueen » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:10 am

[quote="GrandAdmiralDan"][/quote]I'm definitely not saying that her paranoia is justified, but from her perspective everyone is on pins and needles with just the thought that they could be next. She's a coworker from years ago and I ran into her at a local grocery store. She began talking about the perceptions of employees (even though these thoughts maybe no where close to reality) and relayed a type of fear about what her future holds within the organization. She's been there for years, so all of this is probably very scary to her...especially since its eerily similar to a corporate restructuring which she has been through before.

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,421

Post#15 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:15 am

I also know some people in the organization. Steinmiller has pretty much run things the same way for decades. The thinking is now with Hammond making sweeping changes that Steinmiller may feel he needs to do the same thing. I think that would be a mistake. That side of the business has been doing a great job considering the product they've been given to sell.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#16 » by carmelbrownqueen » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:19 am

Sweeping changes have a way of scaring the hell out of people..once there are more hirings than firings then maybe people will calm down.

75totheMACCfund
Veteran
And1: 47

Post#17 » by 75totheMACCfund » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:04 am

i'm fairly certain the front office will remain intact atleast until LH can get a GM job and perhaps bring some people with him.
Todd_Day
Rookie
And1: 168

Post#18 » by Todd_Day » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:47 pm

In my estimation, I think there is a lot of good going on, but anything to turn the screws on complacency and shake up all levels of this or any business is good.

I think sometimes, there is a "manifest destiny" type attitude there that no one will pull the rug out on people's cushy NBA job in Milwaukee (don't get me wrong, everyone there works hard and it's a challenge) but I think the notion of just holding the gig there once you're in is all over with heightened expectations. Hammond demands excellence and I think that will trickle to all facets of the organization. It's a good thing.

Working in the NBA is not like working at a 9 to 5 bank job, and I think that harsh reality of a real high level organizational culture shift towards "big league" expectations and demands has struck a little fear into everybody's little comfort bubble down there.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks