ImageImage

jeff green

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

shaolin34
Senior
And1: 133

jeff green 

Post#1 » by shaolin34 » Thu May 1, 2008 2:41 pm

i've been wondering what seattle would do if they landed the 2nd pick and the team with the 1st pick selected derrick rose. if beasley is there for them at #2 they have to take him, unless they get a tremendous offer from another team. if they do take him, then their 3 best players and building blocks are all forwards in durant, green, and beasley. obviously they all have different skill sets and they may want to see how they play together before they try to move someone, but i'd imagine the person most likely to be moved of those three would be green. so my questions are:

-is jeff green the type of small forward we want on the bucks?

-if seattle would do jeff green for #7 would you do it?

-if seattle wouldn't do jeff green for #7, what else would you add to get it done?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,048

Post#2 » by ReasonablySober » Thu May 1, 2008 2:44 pm

Green was the guy I wanted last season had he fell. I think this season if Westbrook is around I'd rather have him.
ahagen87
Junior
And1: 4

Post#3 » by ahagen87 » Thu May 1, 2008 3:06 pm

I would love for him to be on the bucks...I would hope we could grab westbrook as well with the 7th pick if indeed thats what we get..then even though it is highly unlikely i would try and offer CV + Expiring for Green or CV+ future protected 1st for Green.

Sessions/Westbrook
Redd/Westbrook
Green
Yi
Bogut

It is young but it will be fun to watch them grow
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#4 » by Buck You » Thu May 1, 2008 3:08 pm

ahagen87 wrote:I would love for him to be on the bucks...I would hope we could grab westbrook as well with the 7th pick if indeed thats what we get..then even though it is highly unlikely i would try and offer CV + Expiring for Green or CV+ future protected 1st for Green.

Sessions/Westbrook
Redd/Westbrook
Green
Yi
Bogut

So Mo just goes poof in your scenario? Do you want us to just cut him?
ahagen87
Junior
And1: 4

Post#5 » by ahagen87 » Thu May 1, 2008 3:11 pm

No we dont just cut him that is just the line up i would like to see...if me is still here then he obviously will be the starting pg for the bucks.
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#6 » by jeremyd236 » Thu May 1, 2008 4:31 pm

ahagen87 wrote:I would love for him to be on the bucks...I would hope we could grab westbrook as well with the 7th pick if indeed thats what we get..then even though it is highly unlikely i would try and offer CV + Expiring for Green or CV+ future protected 1st for Green.

Sessions/Westbrook
Redd/Westbrook
Green
Yi
Bogut

That team is terrible. It'd be worse or equal to the team we had this year. If Redd got injured (like he has been the last few seasons), Sessions and Westbrook would get pounded nightly. We are not going to go into the season with Sessions as our starting PG. It's not going to happen. He's just not ready. Westbrook is not going to come in this league and just destroy everyone. He's like 20 years old, it'll take time. I mean, Jeff Green looked good on like the worst team in the NBA.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,716

Post#7 » by msiris » Thu May 1, 2008 5:07 pm

jeremyd236 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That team is terrible. It'd be worse or equal to the team we had this year. If Redd got injured (like he has been the last few seasons), Sessions and Westbrook would get pounded nightly. We are not going to go into the season with Sessions as our starting PG. It's not going to happen. He's just not ready. Westbrook is not going to come in this league and just destroy everyone. He's like 20 years old, it'll take time. I mean, Jeff Green looked good on like the worst team in the NBA.
Session is ready. What more proof do you need? Mo is gone. Get use to it.
Ride the tank
msiris
RealGM

Post#8 » by msiris » Thu May 1, 2008 5:08 pm

Green would not help this team. He is a good role player.
Ride the tank
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#9 » by xTitan » Thu May 1, 2008 5:10 pm

Of all the players talked about, this one would make the most sense, Green has the basketball IQ and defensive ability someone like Hammond and Skiles would love. I don't want to give up #7 and I don't think Seattle would have a need for someone like CV but Seattle could be a destination for Mo, so If we could get a deal with Green and Mo being the central figures I would love that.
msiris
RealGM

Post#10 » by msiris » Thu May 1, 2008 5:15 pm

xTitan wrote:Of all the players talked about, this one would make the most sense, Green has the basketball IQ and defensive ability someone like Hammond and Skiles would love. I don't want to give up #7 and I don't think Seattle would have a need for someone like CV but Seattle could be a destination for Mo, so If we could get a deal with Green and Mo being the central figures I would love that.
I do not know. Most have him listed a PF. Can he play SF?
Ride the tank
shaolin34
Senior

Post#11 » by shaolin34 » Thu May 1, 2008 5:42 pm

green most definitely can play sf for us. i'm trying to look at this from seattle's perspective, and i doubt mo williams interests them. i think mo is better then ridnour and watson, but if you were running the sonics would you want mo's style along with durant and beasley? i would only if we had a great defensive sg and c that didn't require shots. i had thought about adding cv, but i don't think he interests them either. if we could do the lowry for cv swap, seattle might reconsider:

green to milwaukee, cv to memphis, lowry & #7 to seattle.

msiris is right, he is a good role player. he can become a great role player. i imagine that from at least one of our wing players we'd like 12-15 ppg, solid rebounding, great ball movement, and great defense, and hopefully he could bring that. everything bobby simmons was supposed to be.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#12 » by xTitan » Thu May 1, 2008 5:58 pm

shaolin34 wrote:green most definitely can play sf for us. i'm trying to look at this from seattle's perspective, and i doubt mo williams interests them. i think mo is better then ridnour and watson, but if you were running the sonics would you want mo's style along with durant and beasley? i would only if we had a great defensive sg and c that didn't require shots. i had thought about adding cv, but i don't think he interests them either. if we could do the lowry for cv swap, seattle might reconsider:

green to milwaukee, cv to memphis, lowry & #7 to seattle.

msiris is right, he is a good role player. he can become a great role player. i imagine that from at least one of our wing players we'd like 12-15 ppg, solid rebounding, great ball movement, and great defense, and hopefully he could bring that. everything bobby simmons was supposed to be.

I thought Mo might work in Seattle because Durant will be running there half court offense and Mo can be used as a shooter either starting or coming off the bench for them...Seattle should have alot of caproom.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#13 » by raferfenix » Thu May 1, 2008 6:46 pm

I really like the idea of dealing with Seattle---Jeff Green would be an almost perfect fit at SF, and they ahve some role players we could really use as well.

I'm not sure I see them wanting mo williams so much, but it is possible. He is young and would create a very explosive scoring tandem with Durant, but they have at least been talking about imporving their defense and it'd be a big step back in that regard. If they are looking to cut cap and go young and exciting despite no defense, maybe we could swing something like this:

Bucks trade: Mo Williams, Charlie Villanueva, Desmond Mason

Sonics trade: Jeff Green, Earl Watson, Nick Collison, Adrian Griffin

They would reallllllllllly have to not care about defense to do this, but much crazier things have happened, that's for sure.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#14 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu May 1, 2008 7:20 pm

Someone tell me again why they want to trade Jeff Green?
shaolin34
Senior

Post#15 » by shaolin34 » Thu May 1, 2008 7:42 pm

^ they don't want to trade green. my original post was based on the idea if they end up with beasley. they'll probably want to try having green, beasley, and durant on the floor at the same time to see how they mesh, but i wouldn't be surprised if they encounter some serious matchup problems playing them at the same time.

green was the 5th pick in a strong draft, and had a good rookie season. i think offering them the 7th pick in a weak draft is a starting point, but more will be needed. i wanted to hear what other bucks fans thought about aquiring him, and what all they would give to get him.
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#16 » by Nowak008 » Thu May 1, 2008 7:43 pm

msiris wrote:Green would not help this team. He is a good role player.

Even if that were true, the Bucks don't need good role players? OK.

Get on the Chuck Deez/Nowak008 Jeff Green bandwagon. I would give up our number 7 for Green.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks