OT: Kobe a "We Made It Up To You" MVP?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

NotYoAvgNBAFan
Junior
And1: 1

OT: Kobe a "We Made It Up To You" MVP? 

Post#1 » by NotYoAvgNBAFan » Wed May 7, 2008 10:36 am

Let me get this out right now...

No one in the NBA was more valuable to their team then Chris Paul, and Tracy McGrady if you ask me.

Kevin Garnett and Kobe Bryant warrant mention as well. But this award was Chris Paul's to lose.

If Chris Paul did not win this award, then they should have split it just like they should of last year and had Co MVP's at the worse.

Which brings me to the politics of the selection if not the varied definition of what constitutes an MVP vs the Best Player.

Your best player is not always your MVP now...

And when Nash and Nowitztki won the award the last 3 years Kobe could have won it those years if not LeBron or Shaq but it was given to Nash I feel to punish Kobe and some others.

After Kobe's run in with that chick in Denver in that sex scandal the same writers who were tearing him down and making him look like a villian to justify giving the award to others with a cleaner mainstream image like a Nash or Nowitzki were hyping him all year for this make up award.

The media wanted to send a message and make a statement with a lot of this MVP stuff like they did for years by not giving the award to outspoken guys like Charles Barkley and others in years that they deserved it.

Next year they might award it to some other guy like Paul to make up for not giving it to him this year. The award is not fair is all I am saying...and I will end it at that.

This thread can drag on for days...I will wait on how this is recieve and might comment more on it because I actually have much more to say on it but I want to be brief for those of you with short attention spans for my ranting...

Chris Paul was the hands down MVP...Kobe was the MVP last year! That is just me.

And no one has been as good as Tracy McGrady, Kevin Garnett and LB23 and Amare Stoudemire as well...But oh well.

Kobe Bean Bryant 2008 NBA Most Valuable Player...the real 'Make up call'
Joe Kleazy
Sixth Man
And1: 95

Post#2 » by Joe Kleazy » Wed May 7, 2008 1:09 pm

Dude you have the right to your own opinion, but so do I and since your rant hasn't recieved any responses yet I will feed you a big :roll:

Regardless of what you or anybody else thinks KOBE IS THE MVP so deal with it whichever way you must.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#3 » by trwi7 » Wed May 7, 2008 1:15 pm

Joe Kleazy wrote:Dude you have the right to your own opinion, but so do I and since your rant hasn't recieved any responses yet I will feed you a big :roll:

Regardless of what you or anybody else thinks KOBE IS THE MVP so deal with it whichever way you must.

lawlz, you spent time reading his whole post? n00b.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Bucks_Revenge
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#4 » by Bucks_Revenge » Wed May 7, 2008 2:45 pm

do you make threads just for the sake of making a thread?
trwi7
RealGM

Post#5 » by trwi7 » Wed May 7, 2008 2:50 pm

Bucks_Revenge wrote:do you make threads just for the sake of making a thread?

I'm not even sure that was MBBOT posting. I mean there's no edits, it has to be someone who hacked into his account.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,044

Post#6 » by Siefer » Wed May 7, 2008 3:02 pm

trwi7 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm not even sure that was MBBOT posting. I mean there's no edits, it has to be someone who hacked into his account.

:rofl: Your sig is amazing. What thread is that from?
trwi7
RealGM

Post#7 » by trwi7 » Wed May 7, 2008 3:07 pm

Siefer wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:rofl: Your sig is amazing. What thread is that from?

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=787038

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,420

Post#8 » by MickeyDavis » Wed May 7, 2008 3:40 pm

Nothing wrong with debating the MVP selection and nothing wrong with him voicing his opinion.

However, we did already have a thread on this so this one will be shut down.

http://realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=786416

Return to Milwaukee Bucks