ImageImage

What will you do if the Mo and Mike show returns?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Break things
11%
Trust in Hammond and Skiles
17%
Declare Hammond a fool
4%
Operate under the belief that no good offers were available and one or both will be gone at the first opportunity
68%

Total votes: 47

EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#1 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed May 14, 2008 5:57 pm

Loosely based off of nothing at all, I'm just curious the feelings of everyone if it is decided by Hammond that we will give Mo and Mike a shot under Skiles.

What will you do?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,048

Post#2 » by ReasonablySober » Wed May 14, 2008 6:12 pm

I was expecting both to be back from the start.

Skiles has gotten a rep as a defensive genius able to get his guys to play tough on that end. Lets see him prove it.
nuttinbutta Big Dog party
Junior
And1: 0

Post#3 » by nuttinbutta Big Dog party » Wed May 14, 2008 6:12 pm

I will continue to watch very little Bucks basketball.

I am a former season ticket holder, who paid a ton of money to be a fan. I did get to ride the team through the 99-02 seasons, and got a ton of entertainment for my dollar. Since, the team has done nothing but go downhill with bad money management, over evaluating its own talent, and showing no urgency to win. Stocking this team with B-list coaches and management, I have chose to spend my time doing other things than watch Bucks basketball.

I was a regular poster to this forum, and haven't been involved in years. My interest is rekindled due to the Hammonds and Skiles hiring. I am intrigued with how they plan to turn this roster. With that said, I can't stand watching Mike Redd play basketball. I want the new look Bucks to have a new face. I don't think we can win with Mike Redd and his terrible shot selection and lack of team focus. While I think we are pointed in the right direction, we need to make some moves to make fans like myself beleive we are truely committed to winning and putting a quality product on the floor.

With that said, I am not as down on Mo Williams as this forum seems to be. He would be a great 6th man who can get 32 minutes a game between PG and SG...kinda the role Charlie Bell played. Every bench needs a guy who can come in and fill it up. Mo can be that guy. We just can't expect him to be someone he isn't. He is not a top defender and/or a pass first PG. He doesn't set him teammates up for open shots. However, he can handle the rock and score at a high clip. I think he is a better player than Mike Redd.
Big Dogg GRob--smoothest 15 foot jumper in the game
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,056

Post#4 » by paulpressey25 » Wed May 14, 2008 6:17 pm

I'll be excited since it will mean that we've drafted Derrick Rose and that Hammond doesn't want to make any major deals until he sees how Rose does the first month of the season.

But all kidding aside, if we end up with pick #7 and bring both of those guys back, I'd be very frustrated.

Edit: I can live with one of them on the roster next year. Don't care which. But not both.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
smooth 'lil balla
Assistant Coach
And1: 8

Post#5 » by smooth 'lil balla » Wed May 14, 2008 6:51 pm

i guess i'll trust in hammonds, but i sure wouldn't reoorder the nba ticket until mo (preferably) or Redd are gone.
Johnny Newman
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#6 » by Johnny Newman » Wed May 14, 2008 6:55 pm

If Miami takes Rose like on nbadraft.net then there goes no Mo for Haslem trade. grrrrr
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#7 » by BobbyLight » Wed May 14, 2008 6:58 pm

I won't be excited, but I'll give Skiles a chance. If he can't change their habbits, no one can. And if he doesn't I won't be watching games until one is traded.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#8 » by europa » Wed May 14, 2008 6:59 pm

I'll trust in Hammonds and Skiles to make chicken salad out of chicken s**t. But I can't see how anybody would look at this backcourt and truly believe it can work.
Nothing will not break me.
THE DINJ
Starter
And1: 121

Post#9 » by THE DINJ » Wed May 14, 2008 7:03 pm

If that's what Hammond/Skiles want (which I doubt), I'd be willing to give it a shot. They're both talented players.
Debit One
Starter
And1: 84

Post#10 » by Debit One » Wed May 14, 2008 7:05 pm

If they're both on the team I'm going to buy stock in Rolaids, because Skiles is going to go through those like crazy.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,241

Post#11 » by LUKE23 » Wed May 14, 2008 7:08 pm

I'd say assuming we added a defensive three, I'd be willing to see how it worked with Skiles, but I'd pull the plug early if it wasn't.
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#12 » by jeremyd236 » Wed May 14, 2008 7:16 pm

"The Mike and Mo Show" will not return. Between Hammond and Skiles, it just isn't possible. Either they're going to be traded or they're going to behave differently. They aren't playing under a first year or unproven coach. They aren't playing under a coach who sucks. It's the opposite.

If you can remember correctly, the only time Redd played under a coach like this he was quite effective.
IrishRainbow
Veteran
And1: 900

Post#13 » by IrishRainbow » Wed May 14, 2008 7:20 pm

I am of the thinking that a serious change of face is needed for this franchise...but with that said...IF Mo AND Redd are back, I will hope for the best because we have leadership in the front office and at the HC position. Despite everything in the past., these two are talented BBall players, and if they can adapt to a philosophy that condones winning...I'm all for it. It did happen with SamIam, Allen, and GRob, none of which would be considered world beaters on the defensive front. So if we can utilize their talents and somehow work around their faults and win...OK. But I will need to see it before I beLIEve it. A lot of IFs, but if those IFs come to head...then we have something
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#14 » by xTitan » Wed May 14, 2008 7:55 pm

If this team was to return everyone I would be quite surprised. I would look forward to Mo Williams going back to being the 6th man and I would join everyone else here next year in saying I told you this team as currently constructed can play zero defense. I would have also lost all faith in Hammonds and perhaps Skiles as well.
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#15 » by smauss » Wed May 14, 2008 8:25 pm

I answered with the last option but I may also break something.....
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#16 » by europa » Wed May 14, 2008 8:31 pm

Hammond is the GM I wanted and Skiles was at the top of the list of head coaches I wanted. So I'll believe in them regarding their decisions - even if I don't agree with them. I hope they both realize the futility of trying to force this square peg into a round hole but if next season comes around and it's back to Mo and Redd, I'll hope Hammond and Skiles know what they're doing.
Nothing will not break me.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#17 » by WEFFPIM » Wed May 14, 2008 8:49 pm

How about the option "watch regardless?"
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#18 » by El Duderino » Wed May 14, 2008 8:57 pm

If both are back i'll then have to assume nobody wanted to give up much for them because i don't believe for a second that Hammond/Skiles want both back.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,031

Post#19 » by midranger » Wed May 14, 2008 9:48 pm

I gotta think both will be shopped. If one or both are back, it'll be because of Redd's size of contract and how bad he played last year, and Mo's length of contract and defensive issues. I don't think Hammond will be taking pennies on the dollar for these guys, and that's what I see teams lining up to pay.

For all their faults, Mo and Redd are talented basketball players. I guess I wouldn't die if either or both are still here. The change in culture of the entire organization may be a breath of fresh air for both.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,190

Post#20 » by skones » Wed May 14, 2008 10:07 pm

I wouldn't be very optimistic , but I'd still be very intrigued by the team. At the start of last season, we thought this team was going to be in the playoffs. Obviously that wasn't the case. There were a lot of factors that went into it. Bringing in a brand new coaching staff may give our attitude a very large facelift.

I'd be intrigued to see just how good Skiles is.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks