ImageImage

OT - Movie/TV Thread!!

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 994

Post#121 » by Ryan5UW » Sat May 17, 2008 4:20 am

europa wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Creed was great this season. I loved the look on his face when she asked him what he did. Just a total blank stare. :rofl:

"Do you drive your own car?"

:rofl:

yep, that was classic Creed. He's my favorite character on the show. He's not on very often, but when he is - it's guaranteed to be classic.

Ever read Creed Thoughts on the nbc website?

http://blog.nbc.com/CreedThoughts/

Some of these are pure gold.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#122 » by WEFFPIM » Sat May 17, 2008 5:10 am

The Office this season has been pretty subpar, but the season finale was pretty good.

Lost, though. Damn.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#123 » by El Duderino » Sat May 17, 2008 7:02 am

europa wrote:I thought "The Office" season finale last night was terrific. The running joke with Kevin was outstanding.

"Lost" continues to kick serious ass. What a season this has been.

I wonder if i'm one of the few white adults in the country who has never seen a single minute of either of those shows?

I think i just has some internal bias against shows on the big three networks, so i never give any a try because so many others i saw were so bad. Everything i watch is on a cable channel except sorts, i can't even remember the last network show i watched for a full season.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#124 » by europa » Sat May 17, 2008 4:14 pm

WEFFPIM wrote:Lost, though. Damn.

No kidding. What a sensational season this has been. Oh and here's a little interesting tidbit about this week's show that I saw on another site. I'll provide some spoiler space for those who haven't seen the episode yet.

Remember at the beginning of the episode when the woman from the second season of "24" went into the cargo hold to talk to the Oceanic 6 before they were about to touch down? Well here's a picture of that scene and you can make out someone else in the cargo hold sitting behind her. It'll be interesting to find out who that person is. My guess is whoever it is is playing a key role in the cover story the survivors are using now that they are off island.

http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... guyzy4.jpg
Nothing will not break me.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#125 » by europa » Sat May 17, 2008 4:22 pm

Back to movies, what did people here think about "Grindhouse?" I'm a huge Tarantino fan but I initially wasn't wowed by this film. I don't remember the grindhouse films of the 70s but by all accounts Tarantino and Rodriguez really re-captured the elements that made the grindhouse films so popular. But upon a second viewing I found myself liking the film more. Tarantino's "feature" is more over-the-top but I still enjoyed it. And I don't know anybody who puts better retro tunes in his films than Tarantino does.

Oh, and the opening credits pole dance from Rose McGowan ain't half bad either. :)
Nothing will not break me.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,055

Post#126 » by paulpressey25 » Sat May 17, 2008 7:05 pm

Ryan5UW wrote:-= yep, that was classic Creed. .

Thanks for the link. I loved that episode where one of the guys told Creed that Jim had a crush on Pam. And Creed went "ah...that's great. so which one is Pam?"
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 994

Post#127 » by Ryan5UW » Sat May 17, 2008 7:36 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Thanks for the link. I loved that episode where one of the guys told Creed that Jim had a crush on Pam. And Creed went "ah...that's great. so which one is Pam?"

Two of my favorite Creed moments:

Michael takes the office to lake Scranton and has them competing to be his replacement, because he thinks he's going to New York. When they are doing the hot dog eating competition, they cut to a shot of Creed eating a raw fish and he says "I didn't know we were having hot dogs!"

Another good one was when the guys were hanging out in the women's bathroom, and Creed walks in with a surprised look on his face to see them. Later, he says to the camera, "I'm a pretty normal guy. I do one weird thing. I like to go in the women's room for number two. I've been caught several times, and I have paid dearly"
WEFFPIM
RealGM

Post#128 » by WEFFPIM » Mon May 19, 2008 8:11 pm

I'm bumping this for europa's last Lost comment and the spoiler-ish thingy

I'm going with that guy being Abaddon, aka, creepy black guy from The Wire who has visited Hurley and Locke
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#129 » by jerrod » Mon May 19, 2008 8:27 pm

so i watched i am legend over the weekend, what'd you guys think?
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#130 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Mon May 19, 2008 8:28 pm

jerrod wrote:so i watched i am legend over the weekend, what'd you guys think?
Enjoyable but unremarkable. The plot was so similar to 28 days.
WEFFPIM
RealGM

Post#131 » by WEFFPIM » Mon May 19, 2008 8:43 pm

jerrod wrote:so i watched i am legend over the weekend, what'd you guys think?

The first 2/3 of that movie were great, and then

people showed up

and the whole movie tanked.
jerrod
RealGM
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#132 » by jerrod » Mon May 19, 2008 8:44 pm

adamcz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Enjoyable but unremarkable. The plot was so similar to 28 days.

yeah, pretty much what i thought, i was extremely excited for it when the previews first came out but once i realized it was a zombie movie i lost a lot of interest.

when he gets caught in the trap overnight is the blood that dripped into the puddle below him supposed to be what kept him from being eaten, and then what about the dog?
WEFFPIM
RealGM

Post#133 » by WEFFPIM » Mon May 19, 2008 8:51 pm

jerrod wrote:when he gets caught in the trap overnight is the blood that dripped into the puddle below him supposed to be what kept him from being eaten, and then what about the dog?

IIRC, the sun had not set, it had nothing to do with the blood in the puddle. The zombie creatures were just waiting for the sun to set, so both he and the dog were fine until then.
jerrod
RealGM

Post#134 » by jerrod » Mon May 19, 2008 8:56 pm

WEFFPIM wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

IIRC, the sun had not set, it had nothing to do with the blood in the puddle. The zombie creatures were just waiting for the sun to set, so both he and the dog were fine until then.

ok, that makes sense if it wasn't overnight then
Whiteman
Rookie
And1: 209

Post#135 » by Whiteman » Mon May 19, 2008 9:19 pm

europa wrote:Back to movies, what did people here think about "Grindhouse?" I'm a huge Tarantino fan but I initially wasn't wowed by this film. I don't remember the grindhouse films of the 70s but by all accounts Tarantino and Rodriguez really re-captured the elements that made the grindhouse films so popular. But upon a second viewing I found myself liking the film more. Tarantino's "feature" is more over-the-top but I still enjoyed it. And I don't know anybody who puts better retro tunes in his films than Tarantino does.

Oh, and the opening credits pole dance from Rose McGowan ain't half bad either. :)

edit: only talking about Death Proof

I thought the first half was quite dull, I hardly remember it at all. Second half was pretty good. But I watched most of Kill Bill 2 for a second time a few weeks ago and found it excruciatingly slow. I was bored. Maybe Tarantino's style is past its expiring date, or maybe I'm just getting old.

Other movies I've seen more or less recently:
Iron Man: good fun. Downey Jr was brilliant, and Gwyneth Paltrow was a great choice; story was fine, action scenes were good. Dialogue was peculiar at times, can't quite put my finger on it.

No country for old men: great. Just great, nothing else to say.

There will be blood: loved it. It's 158 minutes, but to me it felt like 90 minutes or so. Not everyone's cup of tea though, as none of the main characters are likeable.
skitch815
Starter
And1: 59

Post#136 » by skitch815 » Mon May 19, 2008 10:36 pm

Movies I have seen recently that I really liked

--3:10 to Yuma-What can I say, I love westerns

--The Assassination of Jesse James.....-I thought this movie was amazing. Im not a huge Brad Pitt fan but he the way he played Jesse James as the sociopath he probably was rather than the Robin Hood persona that most movies portray him as was wonderful. Casey Affleck was great as well as the conflicted killer.

--Charlie Wilson's War-A great movie, and like someone else said, it managed to not get too preachy or political until the end

--The Final Season-A sweet story about a small town in Iowa that takes great pride in the high school baseball team and their 19 state titles against schools with 10 times the students. The decision is made to close the school and bus the kids to a nearby big city and they have this one last season together. Its a true story and one of my crushes from my younger days, rachel leigh cook has a small role in it.

--A few movies that I enjoyed despite not expecting much from them were Good Luck Chuck, Sydney White, Reign Over Me and Bee Movie.

I was probably one of the few people I know that really didnt care much for Juno. It had some funny moments but I thought it was overrated.

As for TV, I have been watching a lot of HGTV. Househunters, Property Virgins, pretty much all of it. I agree with El Dude about Drive Ins, Dives and Diners as well. The host is annoying as hell but theres some great food on that show. Otherwise I watch a lot of Law and Order reruns and Nick at Nite.
skitch815
Starter
And1: 59

Post#137 » by skitch815 » Mon May 19, 2008 10:39 pm

I have to add this...
I have been babysitting my almost 3 year old niece one day a week for a couple of months so I think Im a bit of an expert in childrens programming. I have to say that the Backyardigans might be one of the funniest shows I have ever seen, even if it is meant for 4 year olds. I watch it without her sometimes.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks