Banned User
And1: 0

bucks could trade pick 

Post#1 » by Redbeardwirc0830 » Tue May 20, 2008 7:48 am

magpies
Senior
And1: 0

Post#2 » by magpies » Tue May 20, 2008 8:11 am

I am all for it if the in coming player is right, if anyone who will take this team to new heights like a Marion etc.

If not then try and trade up for Rose or Beasley
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,049

Post#3 » by bstein14 » Tue May 20, 2008 8:21 am

Pretty basic answer there.

He'd be stupid to say "there's no way I'm trading this pick" or "I can't see myself trading this pick"...

No reason to limit discussions or possibilities.

There are teams who will want to move up the draft and maybe even teams who will want to move down. Sometimes a team will fall in love with a certain player and hopefully that happens and the Bucks can capitalize.

I really think with a few minor moves Hammond could have this team fighting for 45 wins this season.
pasting_monkeys
Starter
And1: 1

Re: bucks could trade pick 

Post#4 » by pasting_monkeys » Tue May 20, 2008 8:50 am

El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,326

Post#5 » by El Duderino » Tue May 20, 2008 8:54 am

bstein14 wrote:Pretty basic answer there.

He'd be stupid to say "there's no way I'm trading this pick" or "I can't see myself trading this pick"...

There are teams who will want to move up the draft and maybe even teams who will want to move down. Sometimes a team will fall in love with a certain player and hopefully that happens and the Bucks can capitalize.

I really think with a few minor moves Hammond could have this team fighting for 45 wins this season.

Yep

This "story" was about as informative as saying it might be cloudy outside the next time it rains. Pretty much every GM in the game would be willing to trade their pick if the right offer made sense.
NotYoAvgNBAFan
Junior
And1: 1

Post#6 » by NotYoAvgNBAFan » Tue May 20, 2008 10:55 am

bstein14 wrote:Pretty basic answer there.

There is no such thing is minor moves. Any move they make are major moves...if they move anyone.

They are all players with losing mentalities...and history. There is only 1 or 2 players they need in this draft...

Even if they got the #1 or #2 pick I would trade it to move down and get two vets as I unload a few of mine.

I would package Redd, Villanueva, Bell and that lottery pick so fast it will make your head swim...if the right deal presents itself and then do some more minor deals with the others to build around Bogut and perhaps Yi.

I would move Yi too if I could because he is gonna be tired next year too and burnt out...from his busy summer.

Had we been able to move up to #3 just 3 frickin spots and got the player we 'needed' instead of stay where we were and got the 'best player availible...bullcrap, we would have a budding dynasty now with Al Horford and Bogut like I begged the Bucks to do!!!

That is why Larry Harris is unemployed right now....his best player on the board bullcrap. You needed to make some moves to get the PF you had NEEDED!
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,455

Post#7 » by MickeyDavis » Tue May 20, 2008 12:00 pm

Return to Milwaukee Bucks