Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Re: Chad Ford: Bucks Take Gordon At 8 

Post#61 » by europa » Wed May 21, 2008 2:14 am

pasting_monkeys wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

How so?

They have Nick Collison, who is basically the same player that Love is.

I think Love >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Collison even if he only measures out at 6-8. Love has legitimate basketball skills. Collison is a banger. I've never thought all that much about Collison.
Nothing will not break me.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,506

Post#62 » by Bernman » Wed May 21, 2008 2:14 am

pasting_monkeys wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

How so?

They have Nick Collison, who is basically the same player that Love is.

X-Titan, there's some more fodder for you and I.

MIG, are you paying attention to these comments?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,082

Post#63 » by ReasonablySober » Wed May 21, 2008 2:15 am

carmelbrownqueen wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Okay.. he just looks much smaller than 6'4 or 6'5 to me, but I will wait for the official measurements before I say too much more about his height.

It seems to be a popular notion by many of the draft sites though that he is closer to 6'3 or 6'3.5 than ideal SG height of 6'5.

What difference does an inch and a half make if he's an elite athlete, thick and explosive?
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#64 » by Buck You » Wed May 21, 2008 2:17 am

DrugBust wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

For the #8 pick and what? Michael Redd?

Possibly. Maybe Mo.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#65 » by carmelbrownqueen » Wed May 21, 2008 2:22 am

What difference does an inch and a half make if he's an elite athlete, thick and explosive?
You do recognize that our starting SG is listed at 6'6 not 6'5 right?

Again, perhaps Hammond will think otherwise, but I am not interested at all in getting smaller. Also, I still think there is a possiblity that other players will be considered than Westbrook, Gordon, and a few of the young big projects.

I could definitely see Hammond going after a guy like CDR if he has some great work outs. DeAndre Jordan, Randolph and yes even Augustin.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
europa
RealGM

Post#66 » by europa » Wed May 21, 2008 2:23 am

Jordan wouldn't surprise me at all to be honest. Major project but if people start thinking he's the next Bynum it would be tough to pass on him.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#67 » by carmelbrownqueen » Wed May 21, 2008 2:26 am

europa wrote:Jordan wouldn't surprise me at all to be honest. Major project but if people start thinking he's the next Bynum it would be tough to pass on him.
Yep, if he goes out and performs well in workouts, Jordan could end up being a riser if people get start believing he has Bynum\Howard-lite potential.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
BucksRuleAll22
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#68 » by BucksRuleAll22 » Wed May 21, 2008 2:27 am

Im very intrested in Anthony Randolph. Ill honestly admit I know nothing about the guy. I thought he was a PF. I have been hearing about him alot the last couple days and if hes a true 6-10 SF and what Im reading up on him then I am very intrested in this guy. Bucks have needed a SF forever. If the best player available at #8 is a SF and hes 6-10 then thats a no brainer.

I cant find any videos or anything on him though.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#69 » by Rockmaninoff » Wed May 21, 2008 2:28 am

Again, perhaps Hammond will think otherwise, but I am not interested at all in getting smaller. Also, I still think there is a possiblity that other players will be considered than Westbrook, Gordon, and a few of the young big projects.

I could definitely see Hammond going after a guy like CDR if he has some great work outs. DeAndre Jordan, Randolph and yes even Augustin.

I hope you're right. CDR is just criminally underrated. I think the guy is eventually a 20pts with efficency scorer. Or, at worst, a really good sixth man. That's our small forward right there. Stephen Jackson style.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#70 » by ReasonablySober » Wed May 21, 2008 2:31 am

You said:

It seems to be a popular notion by many of the draft sites though that he is closer to 6'3 or 6'3.5 than ideal SG height of 6'5.
europa
RealGM

Post#71 » by europa » Wed May 21, 2008 2:32 am

Rockmaninoff wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I hope you're right. CDR is just criminally underrated.

Chad Ford's mock tonight had him going 29th to the Pistons. That's ridiculous. No way this guy should fall out of the Top 15 in this draft. He had Brandon Rush going 22nd too. That's another gift. Both of these guys are Top 15 players in this draft in my opinion.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,327

Post#72 » by El Duderino » Wed May 21, 2008 2:32 am

Hammond will obviously make the final call, but i'm sure the pick will be discussed with Skiles. I'm curious how much Hammond takes into account what Skiles feels about the guy drafted.

As for the many guys you listed, this draft could go countless different ways, i could see us choosing from a number of different players. I don't see any fairly obvious call.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#73 » by carmelbrownqueen » Wed May 21, 2008 2:37 am

Rockmaninoff wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I hope you're right. CDR is just criminally underrated. I think the guy is eventually a 20pts with efficency scorer. Or, at worst, a really good sixth man. That's our small forward right there. Stephen Jackson style.
Yeah it's possible that he could rise with some good workouts. He played well during the tourney (had a few boneheaded moments where he tried to do too much and didn't look smart) and a number of teams will be looking at him based on this past season.

carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#74 » by carmelbrownqueen » Wed May 21, 2008 2:40 am

Yes that's ideal height, but I still don't believe he is that tall. I could be wrong but I just see him as being closer to 6'3 or maybe 6'3.5, I just don't believe he's much taller than that. I could be wrong, but that's my opinion until I see the official measurements.

carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#75 » by carmelbrownqueen » Wed May 21, 2008 2:45 am

europa wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Chad Ford's mock tonight had him going 29th to the Pistons. That's ridiculous. No way this guy should fall out of the Top 15 in this draft. He had Brandon Rush going 22nd too. That's another gift. Both of these guys are Top 15 players in this draft in my opinion.
I agree.. I think Rush and CDR are very under-rated.

El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,327

Post#76 » by El Duderino » Wed May 21, 2008 2:47 am

europa wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He won't drop that far, but odds are this draft will have quite a few players that could get picked around 4-8ish spots higher or lower than some expect.

Even in the lottery, guys like Gordon, Jordon, Love, Westbrook, Gallinari, Arthur, and Randolph could get chosen in a number of different places.

If i did 25 different mock drafts of the first 12 picks, i could see none of them being how it actually goes down.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#77 » by ReasonablySober » Wed May 21, 2008 2:48 am

Yes that's ideal height, but I still don't believe he is that tall. I could be wrong but I just see him as being closer to 6'3 or maybe 6'3.5, I just don't believe he's much taller than that. I could be wrong, but that's my opinion until I see the official measurements.

That's my point.

DrugBust wrote:What difference does an inch and a half make if he's an elite athlete, thick and explosive?

CBQ, what's 6'5" minus 6'3.5"?
cam2win
Veteran
And1: 7

Post#78 » by cam2win » Wed May 21, 2008 2:49 am

Epicurus wrote:Eric Gordon will be a good contributor--- in '10 or, more likely, '11. Next year he will lead the league in turnovers per possession, wrong decisions, and most shots from 10ft beyond the 3point line. The lad needs to grow up (not in the usual bad deportment meaning). Once he does, he'll be a fine NBA player. Don't expect it next year, or probably the year after.

Sounds like our kind of guy.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#79 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Wed May 21, 2008 2:49 am

If I can attempt to summarize Drug Bust's opinion, he believes that 6'3.5" is 1.5" shorter than 6'5".
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#80 » by carmelbrownqueen » Wed May 21, 2008 2:51 am

Our current SG is 6'6 not 6'3 or 6'4 or 6'5. My point is that I believe he is 6'3 or 6'3.5... I don't want to get smaller at the SG whatsoever, it doesn't matter if it's only by 1.5... smaller is smaller and that doesn't interests me.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks