Banned User
And1: 0

Post#101 » by oshmeehan » Thu May 22, 2008 9:32 pm

Yikes, DKV with a strong comeback here...Barca might lose this one
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#102 » by fam3381 » Thu May 22, 2008 9:36 pm

Rudy is good...when he's playing well for the Blazers in the coming years it will be another shining example of why rich owners (Allen) are better than cheap owners (Sarver). Ridiculous how many good players Sarver has given away.

Ersan with 16/14, Barca up 3 with a minute left.
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
lajes55
Sophomore

Post#103 » by lajes55 » Thu May 22, 2008 9:41 pm

Chad Ford had a couple of bucks tidbits in his chat.

Justin (Milwaukee): Where do you see Michael Redd being traded this summer?

Chad Ford: If the Bucks go with a shooting guard like Eric Gordon ... yes. Redd has value and they Bucks need to retool. I think he, Charlie Villanueva and Mo Williams are the three guys who could be sent packing.

Jason (Brooklyn): How serious are the Nuggets about shopping Melo? What kind of offers are out there?

Chad Ford: Sounds like he's on the block along with everyone else in Denver. There will be lots of interest in Melo ... the Nets obviously have interest. I think the Bucks will too. Knicks for sure. The Nuggets want to cut payroll and obviously get a higher pick in the draft. The Nets have some pieces to make that happen. The Bucks may be in a better position to do it.

Nothing earth shattering that Redd,Cv or Mo could be traded, but I thought it was very interesting that he thinks we might be interested in Melo. Its probably just him speculating but I do think we could put together a better package than the Nets.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#104 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu May 22, 2008 9:46 pm

lajes55 wrote:Chad Ford had a couple of bucks tidbits in his chat.

Justin (Milwaukee): Where do you see Michael Redd being traded this summer?

Chad Ford: If the Bucks go with a shooting guard like Eric Gordon ... yes. Redd has value and they Bucks need to retool. I think he, Charlie Villanueva and Mo Williams are the three guys who could be sent packing.

Jason (Brooklyn): How serious are the Nuggets about shopping Melo? What kind of offers are out there?

Chad Ford: Sounds like he's on the block along with everyone else in Denver. There will be lots of interest in Melo ... the Nets obviously have interest. I think the Bucks will too. Knicks for sure. The Nuggets want to cut payroll and obviously get a higher pick in the draft. The Nets have some pieces to make that happen. The Bucks may be in a better position to do it.

Nothing earth shattering that Redd,Cv or Mo could be traded, but I thought it was very interesting that he thinks we might be interested in Melo. Its probably just him speculating but I do think we could put together a better package than the Nets.

Do it Hammond

Redd/CV/#8 for Melo/Camby/#20
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#105 » by fam3381 » Thu May 22, 2008 9:49 pm

Barca wins 93-90, Ersan with 16/14. They play at home with a chance to win the best-of-three series this weekend (Sunday I think).
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#106 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu May 22, 2008 9:50 pm

Alex Acker sinks his free throws to seal the deal. Barcelona wins 93-90. Ersan with 16 and 14 in 35 minutes. Noel two points and 1 rebound in 8 minutes.

Jaka Lakovic ended up 1-9 from three, but did get to the line and knock down 12/13 free throws to lead the way for Barcelona with 23 points. Rudy Fernandez dropped 30 for DKV.
bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer
And1: 149

Post#107 » by bango_the_buck » Thu May 22, 2008 10:09 pm

fam3381 wrote:Rudy is good...when he's playing well for the Blazers in the coming years it will be another shining example of why rich owners (Allen) are better than cheap owners (Sarver). Ridiculous how many good players Sarver has given away.

Yeah, I'd love to see if we could pry him away from the Blazers...
Scott Skiles on being compared by reporters to Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley: "If I thought you guys knew anything, I'd be flattered."
oshmeehan
Banned User

Post#108 » by oshmeehan » Thu May 22, 2008 10:26 pm

I actually think Ersan's 14 rebounds this game ties the individual ACB league season high for any player this season. I checked the top rebounders overall in the league and Marc Gasol had 14 in a couple of games, and he leads the ACB in rebounding average.

Hopefully that gives some of the people on here that have doubts of Ersan because of his stats and numbers overseas. When in reality 14 rebounds in a game is obviously a rarity in ACB
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#109 » by xTitan » Thu May 22, 2008 10:58 pm

Anthony's agent met with Denver brass today and coming out of the meeting the agent said that there is no way Denver is going to put Anthony on the trading block. Hopefully this will put that stuff to rest.
oshmeehan
Banned User

Post#110 » by oshmeehan » Fri May 23, 2008 12:27 am

Here's some highlights from the win by Barca over DKV tonight

There was actually an entire 1 minute highlight devoted just to Ersan from the game

http://acbtv.acb.com/video/669

Here is the full-game highlights....Ersan had it sent back a couple times at the beginning haha

http://acbtv.acb.com/video/670
bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer
And1: 149

Post#111 » by bango_the_buck » Fri May 23, 2008 12:40 am

oshmeehan wrote:Here's some highlights from the win by Barca over DKV tonight

There was actually an entire 1 minute highlight devoted just to Ersan from the game

Here is the full-game highlights....Ersan had it sent back a couple times at the beginning haha

His physique and game really does resemble that of Tayshaun Prince...
Scott Skiles on being compared by reporters to Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley: "If I thought you guys knew anything, I'd be flattered."
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,411

Post#112 » by randy84 » Fri May 23, 2008 12:40 am

Now I know why not too many Euros make it in the NBA. Does anyone play defense over there?
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,778

Post#113 » by Ayt » Fri May 23, 2008 2:07 am

Ersan looks like he's in great shape and moving really well in that highlight clip.
pasting_monkeys
Starter
And1: 1

Post#114 » by pasting_monkeys » Fri May 23, 2008 2:29 am

If Ersan can come in and play with confidence and a little bit of Euro swagger, he could be a really nice spark for us. As opposed to 2 seasons ago when he'd freeze whenever he touched the ball.

Who knows, maybe Ersan will be Skiles' next Nocioni.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,606

Post#115 » by Balls2TheWalls » Fri May 23, 2008 2:33 am

oshmeehan wrote:Here's some highlights from the win by Barca over DKV tonight

It's hard to excite me when Moiso hands you your ass.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#116 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri May 23, 2008 2:40 am

Balls2TheWalls wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

People want it both ways when they knock the European basketball. On one hand they love to question the amount of NBA caliber athletes and overall competition and talent level overseas, yet when a a clear NBA caliber athlete like Moiso (who is a 5 year NBA vet) makes athletic NBA caliber plays the other team should feel bad about it? Jerome Moiso was in the NBA for five years, and say what you will about his game he is definitely an NBA caliber athlete. He was dunking on people in the NBA, there should be no shame in getting dunked on by Jerome Moiso in Europe (other than the shame that goes along with getting dunked on at the first place, in any level)
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,056

Post#117 » by paulpressey25 » Fri May 23, 2008 2:42 am

The thing I noticed in those clips was the Ersan didn't look all that much bigger. Woeffel wrote that blurb last June that implied he was this massive 250 pound freak and had done it all in only 8 weeks since the 2007 season ended.

Bring him over. Let's see what he can do.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
oshmeehan
Banned User

Post#118 » by oshmeehan » Fri May 23, 2008 2:50 am

Balls2TheWalls wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Moiso is ranked 5th in the ACB in blocks per game

Ersan has been blocked a total of only 9 times this season, 4 of those times coming in the game today. Its not like Ersan gets his ass handed to him. In fact I bet you can't even remember Ersan getting blocked in a game when he was with the Bucks. You know why? Cause it didn't happen.

Everyone gets blocked every once in awhile, Michael Jordan, Kobe, EVERYONE. Must be hard for you to get excited when guys like Jordan and Kobe get blocked by a lesser player
oshmeehan
Banned User

Post#119 » by oshmeehan » Fri May 23, 2008 2:52 am

paulpressey25 wrote:The thing I noticed in those clips was the Ersan didn't look all that much bigger. Woeffel wrote that blurb last June that implied he was this massive 250 pound freak and had done it all in only 8 weeks since the 2007 season ended.

Bring him over. Let's see what he can do.

Yeah initially in those pictures from the summer Ersan actually physically did look much bigger. Right now he looks pretty much like he did with the Bucks, maybe just a little bit more muscular. Haha maybe he was on the juice
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,056

Post#120 » by paulpressey25 » Fri May 23, 2008 3:07 am

BTW, for those of you that think Ersan and/or Yi were only 19 when the Bucks drafted them, below is a photo of then 18-year old Petteri Koponen, who was drafted last year. That guy is indeed truly 18.

In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25

Return to Milwaukee Bucks