ImageImage

Redd/Fillers for Noc/Hinrich

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,241

Post#21 » by LUKE23 » Thu May 22, 2008 4:08 am

trwi7 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I don't get this. We only play divisional teams four times a year and we also play other teams in the East four times per year. If you're going to use the "they're inside the division, so no" rationale then you have to use it for the whole conference.

Bingo.
Debit One
Starter
And1: 84

Post#22 » by Debit One » Thu May 22, 2008 5:30 am

Done, and to be candid any Bucks fans who think that there is going to be a better deal out there for Redd are overestimating the value of a one dimensional SG with a max contract.

Nocioni and Hinrich are the sorts of players who Skiles loves and who Hammond has been talking about acquiring.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#23 » by El Duderino » Thu May 22, 2008 5:43 am

I don't think all that much of Hinrich as a PG on the offensive end, but after watching Mo and TJ get abused nearly every night on defense for the last five years, it would be nice having a PG who takes pride in playing defense.

Plus, i really would like to see Redd vanish from the Bucks roster, so if a deal like this made it happen, i'd be pleased. Nocioni would be a great bench guy if we could find a better SF to start or a starter until we found one.

I'm curious why the Bulls would want Redd unless they let Gordon walk or did a sign and trade with him?
tyland
Veteran
And1: 422

Post#24 » by tyland » Thu May 22, 2008 5:47 am

I would consider it, for sure. If we could grab Thabo as well I would sign on the dotted line.
SAVE OUR BUCKS
Twitter: @thetytimes
RideEmCowboy24
Analyst
And1: 29

Post#25 » by RideEmCowboy24 » Thu May 22, 2008 5:47 am

I don't get this. We only play divisional teams four times a year and we also play other teams in the East four times per year. If you're going to use the "they're inside the division, so no" rationale then you have to use it for the whole conference.

the only reason a division would matter is if you are in an absolutely terrible one....and therefore it is easier to win the division and get a top 4 seed (and i guess just make the playoffs)

otherwise everyone is right, we aren't talking about football or baseball here where a disproportionate amount of your schedule is filled with teams in your division
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#26 » by Chapter29 » Thu May 22, 2008 11:22 am

europa wrote:Done deal. The Bucks could then deal Mo and trade either Dez or Simmons (likely Dez since he has an expiring contract) to upgrade elsewhere. I think Redd to the Bulls makes much more sense now than ever if the Bulls take Rose No. 1. It's scary to think how good a Rose-Redd backcourt will be in the Bucks' same division but the chance for Milwaukee to upgrade the PG and SF positions would be too good to pass up in my opinion. I'm not a big believer in Eric Gordon but I'd could be talked into him at 8 if the Bucks swung this deal.

Count me in.

Absolute done deal, but I think I am still for trading the pick and trying to move up.

Use the Mo or CV asset then to move up and take Mayo.

I would be extremely happy.

Sessions / Hinrich / Bell
Mayo / Hinrich / Bell
Nocioni / Simmons
Yi / CV
Bogut / Gadz

I am not sold on Hinrich as a true PG, but he is a fantastic combo G. His ability to guard both spots would be huge. Obviously right at this moment he is a much more proven commodity than Sessions.

Nocioni can also play PF making a CV move even more likely. Heck add CV to the deal and bring back either TT or Noah.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#27 » by Rockmaninoff » Thu May 22, 2008 11:39 am

These guys (Hinrich/Nocioni) are paid way too much to be role players. Nocioni is paid way, way too much to be a bench role player.

They both have a prior relationship with Skiles, that ended less then a year ago. I don't think that is good for the other guys on the team.

No thanks. I'd rather get a All-Defensive team player in the frontcourt, where it truly matters.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#28 » by jerrod » Thu May 22, 2008 2:42 pm

Chapter29 wrote:
Sessions / Hinrich

:rofl:

hilarious
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,718

Post#29 » by msiris » Thu May 22, 2008 2:56 pm

To me its not about playing them 4 times a year. Its about making the Bulls a very strong team to the point where we always finish below them in the standings. Thats why I said ship him West.
Ride the tank
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#30 » by jerrod » Thu May 22, 2008 2:59 pm

msiris wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

To me its not about playing them 4 times a year. Its about making the Bulls a very strong team to the point where we always finish below them in the standings. Thats why I said ship him West.

we're not gonna instantly be fighting for the division title. you have to make moves that are going to improve the team and this is the best deal i've heard for redd yet
showtimesam
Veteran
And1: 32

Post#31 » by showtimesam » Thu May 22, 2008 3:12 pm

I defintely do this trade.

Then I ship Mo for Haslem with beasley in place in miami, and CV to whoever will send us back some athleticism on the wing.

I also like the fact that Hinrich can play with sessions for large amounts of the game, since both guys have good size.

Sessions/Hinrich
#8 pick/Hinrich
Nocioni/Simmons
Yi/Haslem
Bogut/Haslem

Depending on the sg that CV and the 8th pick can bring in we are looking at a nice rotation with hinrich either starting at pg or backing up both guard spots.
MajorDad
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#32 » by MajorDad » Thu May 22, 2008 3:16 pm

as i think about it, the NBA doesn't really have divisions. it's al l about being one of the 8 best in the EAst. The divisons don't really matter at all. it's not like baseball, where the Bucks would play the bulls 17 times. i don't see a problem wit h trading with the Bulls.
Zeus LA
Junior
And1: 118

Post#33 » by Zeus LA » Thu May 22, 2008 3:34 pm

showtimesam wrote:I defintely do this trade.

Then I ship Mo for Haslem with beasley in place in miami, and CV to whoever will send us back some athleticism on the wing.

I also like the fact that Hinrich can play with sessions for large amounts of the game, since both guys have good size.

Sessions/Hinrich
#8 pick/Hinrich
Nocioni/Simmons
Yi/Haslem
Bogut/Haslem

Depending on the sg that CV and the 8th pick can bring in we are looking at a nice rotation with hinrich either starting at pg or backing up both guard spots.

If Hinrich is here trust me, he starts and plays around 35 mpg.
And now it's over to...Moira
showtimesam
Veteran
And1: 32

Post#34 » by showtimesam » Thu May 22, 2008 3:36 pm

Yeah I agree with you as far as hinrich starting at point guard.

But I think sessions would get upwards of 25 minutes per game, considering Hinrich can slide over to SG.
redred9
Assistant Coach
And1: 66

Post#35 » by redred9 » Thu May 22, 2008 4:26 pm

get the Bulls to add Thabo and its (more than) a done deal.

Both teams look good with that trade.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#36 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu May 22, 2008 4:31 pm

msiris wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm not a proponent of trading Redd within the division

Hammond is a smart man

Redd will be shipped to a Western Conference team

Redd for Howard is light years better than this deal.
Zeus LA
Junior
And1: 118

Post#37 » by Zeus LA » Thu May 22, 2008 5:36 pm

showtimesam wrote:Yeah I agree with you as far as hinrich starting at point guard.

But I think sessions would get upwards of 25 minutes per game, considering Hinrich can slide over to SG.

Agreed, as much as I dislike Mo's PG game, a guard rotation consisting of Hinrich, Sessions, Thabo and either Bell or Mo would be formidable on both sides of the ball.

Extremely versatile.
And now it's over to...Moira
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,240

Post#38 » by Sigra » Thu May 22, 2008 6:40 pm

I already said yesterday that Redd-Gadz for Kirk-Noc is my new dream. I still love Redd for Howard more than anything but this trade with Bulls make a lot of sense too.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#39 » by WEFFPIM » Thu May 22, 2008 7:13 pm

Unless the Bulls are shipping out Ben Gordon as well, I don't know why they'd do it. A team with Ben Gordon and Michael Redd would be truly a sight to see
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
RyGuy24
General Manager
And1: 107

Post#40 » by RyGuy24 » Mon May 26, 2008 2:47 am

Bulls fan here, just wanted to say this is real interesting. It's looking alot like Rose will become a Bull, and, while I know Redd can't defend anyone, I could see him becoming our Peja kind of guy. We'd still have Thabo who's also a great defender. Redd's contract obviously sucks, but we'd also be shipping out a lot of salary as well. Gordon could be used as tade bait to get a post guy, or we could just keep him as a strong punch off the bench.

Rose/Gordon
Redd/Gordon/Thabo
Deng/Thabo
Tyrus/Gooden
Noah/Gray

Surrounding Redd with 4 good defenders in the starting lineup really makes me likely say yes to the deal, as pairing a great outside guy like him with Rose could be huge.
R.I.P Red , Norm, Bullsmaniac, and pdenninggolden.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks