ImageImage

Espn Insider: Bucks working phones

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ReddManBogieMan
Senior
And1: 0

Espn Insider: Bucks working phones 

Post#1 » by ReddManBogieMan » Thu May 22, 2008 9:24 am

For anyone whose got insider at ESPN.com, could you please post the article. It has to do with GM Hammond calling other teams about a trade involving Redd. It is under the Rumor central on espn's main page.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors?&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba%2ffeatures%2frumors

I hate how they tease people who don't have it. :x

Anxious for a reply. Thanks. :)
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#2 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu May 22, 2008 9:27 am

It's just a link to the Woelfel article.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#3 » by worthlessBucks » Thu May 22, 2008 9:36 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:It's just a link to the Woelfel article.

A centralized NBA news hub, good thing there aren't many free resources of that nature available.
Go Bucks!
ReddManBogieMan
Senior
And1: 0

Post#4 » by ReddManBogieMan » Thu May 22, 2008 10:07 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:It's just a link to the Woelfel article.

What kind of inside information is that crap. :angry: :no:

Seriously that's all it is? Wow.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#5 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Thu May 22, 2008 10:17 am

I know this will disappoint a lot of people, but they wont trade Redd (unless of course someone offers more than hes worth but do you really see that happening?)
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#6 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu May 22, 2008 10:21 am

ReddManBogieMan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

What kind of inside information is that crap. :angry: :no:

Seriously that's all it is? Wow.

Hoopshype.com has everything you'll ever need to know. Anything Bucks related from ESPN.com's insider section will always get posted here.
smooth 'lil balla
Assistant Coach
And1: 8

Post#7 » by smooth 'lil balla » Thu May 22, 2008 12:45 pm

Kohl Is A Mome wrote:I know this will disappoint a lot of people, but they wont trade Redd (unless of course someone offers more than hes worth but do you really see that happening?)

OK, good, thanks for telling us. Now we don't have to read another Redd article this year.
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#8 » by jeremyd236 » Thu May 22, 2008 1:45 pm

Kohl Is A Mome wrote:I know this will disappoint a lot of people, but they wont trade Redd (unless of course someone offers more than hes worth but do you really see that happening?)

Why would that dissapoint anyone? Why would we trade Redd for less than he's worth? If people are willing to do that just to get rid of him then we'll be in the lottery again and again and again. This was a terrible team last year and there's no chance that Hammond is going to compromise and just trade his best player for less than he's worth.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,736

Post#9 » by emunney » Thu May 22, 2008 1:58 pm

True enough, but you should realize that you and he may not appraise players on the same criteria.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,716

Post#10 » by msiris » Thu May 22, 2008 2:06 pm

jeremyd236 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Why would that dissapoint anyone? Why would we trade Redd for less than he's worth? If people are willing to do that just to get rid of him then we'll be in the lottery again and again and again. This was a terrible team last year and there's no chance that Hammond is going to compromise and just trade his best player for less than he's worth.
Sometimes your best player is just not good enough. No they will not get equal value for him. They might get some picks and some expr contracts. Even if they keep him they could end up in the lotto anyways. They have the last 2 years.
Ride the tank
InsideOut
Lead Assistant
And1: 534

Post#11 » by InsideOut » Thu May 22, 2008 5:24 pm

As apposed to what we have been doing with Redd? He was made the man in 03-04. Since then we've never finished over .500 and have won an average of 33 games a seasons. He may not be the only problem but he sure isn't the solution. It's time to move on as I don't see how much worse we can be without him. What, are we going to drop to averaging 27 wins a season? Again, that is what we have averaged with him these past two seasons. If the guy was making the all-star team or leading by example or making those around him better I'd reconsider. But because he's not doing those things then let another team pay him his $51 million these next three seasons while we try something new.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM

Post#12 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Thu May 22, 2008 9:25 pm

I didnt say it would take equal value. It would take ALOT more than hes worth for a team to get him from the Bucks from what Ive heard from a pretty good source. And I said it would disappoint people because it seems to be the consensus around here that Redd needs to be traded.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#13 » by Chapter29 » Thu May 22, 2008 10:54 pm

I have been saying this for a while. Redd is our best player and not the teams problem. I truely believe that he just has a nature to try too hard when things aren't going well. He is not good enough to put a team on his back, but he tries too anyways. Once the team around him contributes more, I think he will find his role and fit in just fine. I think a reasonable portion of our selfish play falls on the ineffectiveness of our coach as well.

I would certainly move Redd if the deal is right, but I would suspect that trading Mo and CV are our top priorities. Our best player is at SG and our best potential players are at PF & C. Those guys are likely to stay imo.
showtimesam
Veteran
And1: 32

Post#14 » by showtimesam » Thu May 22, 2008 11:01 pm

I think Redd has a very good chance at being shipped out.

I know some say they don't think both Mo and Redd will be gone, but I think there's a good chance they will.

If hammond stays consistent with his Pistons formula he won't hesitate to deal redd even if it means not getting a player of equal stature.

The pistons were built by:

A: Trading for young players on the rise (Stackhouse for Rip)
B: Trading quality for quantity with upside (Hill for Ben Wallace and Billups)

Now at the time, both of those trades looked like losses, but the pistons operated with an eye for the future. I think there's a good chance the deals he makes this offseason will be consistent with that lack of "wow" factor at first glance.

Obviously it is difficult to make trades and there's a good chance one of the two will be back, but I think Hammond knows going in that this team needs a rather massive overhaul to change the losing culture of this organization.

It's clear he likes Bogut and Yi, but after that everyone is fair game.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#15 » by xTitan » Thu May 22, 2008 11:01 pm

Chapter29 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I have been saying this for a while. Redd is our best player and not the teams problem. I truely believe that he just has a nature to try too hard when things aren't going well. He is not good enough to put a team on his back, but he tries too anyways. Once the team around him contributes more, I think he will find his role and fit in just fine. I think a reasonable portion of our selfish play falls on the ineffectiveness of our coach as well.

I would certainly move Redd if the deal is right, but I would suspect that trading Mo and CV are our top priorities. Our best player is at SG and our best potential players are at PF & C. Those guys are likely to stay imo.

I disagree that by the end of the season Redd was still the best player, but there is neither here nor there......Redd is a selfish player, no denying it, and even if your theory of him trying to put the team on his back is true, then he is an incredibly stupid player as well.........Hammond will not give anyone away, but if you think that a deal comes up that they believe makes the Bucks a better team and they would pass on it, you are sadly mistaken.
Chapter29
RealGM

Post#16 » by Chapter29 » Thu May 22, 2008 11:08 pm

I am not sadly mistaken about anything. Redd can be moved and will be if the deal is right. I just don't think he will be moved, because he is still considered our best player and he is overpaid. Not a good formula for a trade. IE he likely means more to us then to other teams.

Redd may in fact be a stupid player, but he has played better than he did at the end of last season. His body of work is far better than his recent play. So it is not unreasonable to believe that his recent terrible play is more of an anomaly then the norm.

Look. This team was terrible in every way. On the court, off the court, the coaches, team chemistry, etc. I feel that everyone suffered from our dysfunction. Including Redd. He certainly was part of the problem, no doubt, but not the whole problem.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM

Post#17 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Thu May 22, 2008 11:31 pm

showtimesam wrote:I think Redd has a very good chance at being shipped out.

I know some say they don't think both Mo and Redd will be gone, but I think there's a good chance they will.

If hammond stays consistent with his Pistons formula he won't hesitate to deal redd even if it means not getting a player of equal stature.

The pistons were built by:

A: Trading for young players on the rise (Stackhouse for Rip)
B: Trading quality for quantity with upside (Hill for Ben Wallace and Billups)

Now at the time, both of those trades looked like losses, but the pistons operated with an eye for the future. I think there's a good chance the deals he makes this offseason will be consistent with that lack of "wow" factor at first glance.

Obviously it is difficult to make trades and there's a good chance one of the two will be back, but I think Hammond knows going in that this team needs a rather massive overhaul to change the losing culture of this organization.

It's clear he likes Bogut and Yi, but after that everyone is fair game.

I didnt say it as an opinion of whether I think he will be shipped out. Im saying it because I heard from a source that he wont be unless someone really overpays for him.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#18 » by El Duderino » Fri May 23, 2008 12:28 am

InsideOut wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

As apposed to what we have been doing with Redd? He was made the man in 03-04. Since then we've never finished over .500 and have won an average of 33 games a seasons. He may not be the only problem but he sure isn't the solution. It's time to move on as I don't see how much worse we can be without him. What, are we going to drop to averaging 27 wins a season? Again, that is what we have averaged with him these past two seasons. If the guy was making the all-star team or leading by example or making those around him better I'd reconsider. But because he's not doing those things then let another team pay him his $51 million these next three seasons while we try something new.

Yep

On a team with a clear stud player like LeBron, Duncan, Dirk, Kobe, etc, I can see Redd being a fairly valuable piece to help win important games.

The Bucks though are far from being a contender and we have nobody close to being an elite player. Redd is on a young team devoid of leadership and that's part of the reason he goes into Max mode in games and he single handedly can make a lead evaporate.

Besides the fact that Redd isn't close to being good enough help make a weakly talented and young team win a lot of games, i think he prevents leaders from developing because they all defer to Redd.

If there was a different makeup to this team, i'd be fine with keeping Redd and his ugly contract. With how the team is currently constructed, i don't see any real purpose Redd brings to this team.
Chapter29
RealGM

Post#19 » by Chapter29 » Fri May 23, 2008 1:40 am

Thats right Duder and thats also why you will likely see this team rebuilt while keeping Redd. New starting PG, SF and a new starting or backup PF. I only see 5 players as being very likely to return. Thats Sessions, Bell, Redd, Yi and Bogut. Simmons and Gadz are unlikely to be moved obviously.

This is exactly why I would want to try and trade for either a near superstar type (Melo, Howard, Brand) or a high potential player (Beasley, Mayo) over nearly every other option.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#20 » by El Duderino » Fri May 23, 2008 2:03 am

Chapter29 wrote:Thats right Duder and thats also why you will likely see this team rebuilt while keeping Redd. New starting PG, SF and a new starting or backup PF. I only see 5 players as being very likely to return. Thats Sessions, Bell, Redd, Yi and Bogut. Simmons and Gadz are unlikely to be moved obviously.

This is exactly why I would want to try and trade for either a near superstar type (Melo, Howard, Brand) or a high potential player (Beasley, Mayo) over nearly every other option.

I see no chance that we can trade up high enough to land a top 3 pick

For any slight chance we could get Brand, i can't see any situation where Redd doesn't go back to the Clippers. If Dallas would trade us Howard, Redd almost certainly would be shipped to them in the deal, they already have a Mo clone in Terry. I don't buy that Denver will trade Anthony and if they did, i'd be beyond stunned if they found anything on our roster that couldn't be trumped from another team.

To get a high priced quality vet that another team might move, almost for sure Redd would need to be part of the package, especially given contracts need to closely match.

So i either see Redd traded to get a quality vet back here, Redd traded for some combo of picks/expirings, or he's back with the Bucks on another team with around a 42 win ceiling that they likely won't reach.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks