ImageImage

Updated: My offseason plan

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

zmanishere11
Sixth Man
And1: 242

Updated: My offseason plan 

Post#1 » by zmanishere11 » Mon May 26, 2008 2:33 am

After a few Jameson and diets, I figured out how we should play this off season. Also, I'm using www.nbadraft.net as a mock for when players are going. And some of these trades might not be exact salary wise, but with a few additions/subtractions they could work.

Initially I had hoped Redd or Mo with #8 would be enough to move up, but I think this off-season is a little more likely:

1. I think Yi is going to suck. Just my opinion, but I think with his actual age and potential is going to be what it is right now: a week 7 footer who would rather play on the perimiter than bang down low, so:

Yi, Dez, #37 to MEM

for

#5, Brian Cardinal

Sucks that we have to takes Cardinal back, but it's worth it with Mayo sitting there at 5 and MEM needs a PF in the worst way.

2. Cleveland is looking to get someone next to Lebron, and I see an opening to ditch Simmons:

Mo, Simmons to CLE

for

#19, Wally, Varejo

Mo looks good next to Lebron, we get to find a SF at #19 and Varejo adds some depth.

4. CV and his bald azz head stick out like a sore thumb on this team:

(This trade is a stretch)

CV, Bell to PHNX

for

#15 and Diaw

Phoenix is constantly looking to dump salary, and they get Bell locked in on the cheap for 4 more years and CV seems to fit what they're looking for.

Draft:

#5 - OJ Mayo
#8 - Joe Alexander
#15 - Mareese Speights
#19 - Chris Douglas Roberts

Lineup:

Mayo/Sessions
Redd/CDR
Diaw/Alexander/Szerbiak
Varejo/Speights/Cardinal
Bogut/Gadz

The idea of a creator in Mayo running this show is interesting, as I think his passing/playmaking abilities didn't show last year. Brings some versatility as well, we can drop Diaw to the 4 if Alexander plays well at the 3.

Honestly, if one of these trades happened I'd be happy.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#2 » by bigkurty » Mon May 26, 2008 2:45 am

I would do it if possible but I think trades 1 and 2 are very unlikely. I guess you never know though with Riley and the fact that maybe GM's really are feeling this draft is weak.

Trades 3 and 4 seem like they could happen though pretty easily but I think I would take Brandon Rush at 19 if he were still there rather than Green.
zmanishere11
Sixth Man
And1: 242

Post#3 » by zmanishere11 » Tue May 27, 2008 2:30 pm

I think this is a little more realistic.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks