ImageImage

Trade Targets for CV

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Trade Targets for CV 

Post#1 » by EastSideBucksFan » Tue May 27, 2008 2:35 am

Here are the teams that I'm going to list as potential trade targets for CV. He is a limited player, but on the right team, the right system he could be a valuable rotation player.

Golden State Warriors

Players I would target on the Warriors would probably be Al Harrington primarily and also Pietrus. They would have to take another contract to make it work. So, if they would take back Gadz or Simmons in a CV/Gadz, Simmons or Mason's expiring deal for Harrington and/or Pietrus I would be interested. Al is not known for his defense, but he is a very good rebounder and would instantly be our starting three.

Memphis Grizzlies

Villanueva could fit in with Memphis young core of Conley and Gay and he could start at PF for them. I would be interested in getting Mike Miller primarily. Another trade to upgrade our SF spot. Also would look at Lowry to play backup if Mo is moved and maybe Warrick if they look to move him, but Warrick has almost mimicked CV's career.

Seattle Sonics

With the Sonics in rebuilding mode they could look to pick up CV. With Durant at the 2, Green at the 3, CV could start at the 4. Only player I'd really be interested in would be Collison, but not sure I want the contract back. If Mo is moved I'd bet we look into Ridnour as he's surely available.

New York Knicks

D'Antoni has already made it clear that he values players who can score the ball. I could definitely see Hammond and Skiles being on board with scooping up David Lee if they want him moved. Resigning him is definitely an issue, but to be able to acquire a player like Lee, who is exactly what this team desperately needs is worth it.

Philadelphis 76ers

The Sixers have a bit of a hole at PF. They've got Reggie Evans, but he's not really a player who you don't always look to upgrade over. Rodney Carney is probably available and if you can grap him he'd probably be our starting SF.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,072

Post#2 » by paulpressey25 » Tue May 27, 2008 2:47 am

I would not do the Philly trade. I don't think Carney is anything special.

In re Golden State, I think Big Al's best days are behind him. He's a worse chucker than CV.

I do like the Mike Miller angle if we trade Redd. And David Lee. I'd also do CV/Gadz for Collison with Seattle.

It will be interesting to see CV's trade value. Woeffel made a comment about a month ago implying that of all the Bucks guys on the market, CV may actually have the most trade value.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#3 » by Nowak008 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:16 am

paulpressey25 wrote:It will be interesting to see CV's trade value. Woeffel made a comment about a month ago implying that of all the Bucks guys on the market, CV may actually have the most trade value.

I find that really hard to believe. Would be great if it were true. I think we should deal CV, problem is, most of those deals feels like we are giving him away.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#4 » by jakecronus8 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:28 am

I am borderline obsessed with Thaddeus Young, and would see if Philly would bite on a CV/8 for Thad/16. Pick maybe Hibbert, or one of the guards (CDR, Rush, Batum) at 16. I would include our second to get it done and maybe even give them an expiring D-Mase for Evans contract as well.
Do it for Chuck
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#5 » by Nowak008 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:31 am

jakecronus8 wrote:I am borderline obsessed with Thaddeus Young, and would see if Philly would bite on a CV/8 for Thad/16. Pick maybe Hibbert, or one of the guards (CDR, Rush, Batum) at 16. I would include our second to get it done and maybe even give them an expiring D-Mase for Evans contract as well.

Thad is extremely untouchable to them. I have been down that road. They wouldn't do Redd for him straight up. Some fans would rather have him then Iggy.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#6 » by bigkurty » Tue May 27, 2008 3:48 am

Nowak008 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Some fans would rather have him then Iggy.

:o
Maybe we should try to get Iggy then. Like say Redd and CV for Ahhh nevermind, it's impossible accoring to the trade checker.

For CV, Mike Miller and David Lee are the only two guys I would consider trading him for out of that list. No way in hell would I trade him for Al, Collison, or Carney.
jakecronus8
RealGM

Post#7 » by jakecronus8 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:49 am

Nowak008 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Thad is extremely untouchable to them. I have been down that road. They wouldn't do Redd for him straight up. Some fans would rather have him then Iggy.

To their fans or has their GM said so as well? I hope not. That trade would be too good to be true. Thad >>>>> God
Do it for Chuck
jakecronus8
RealGM

Post#8 » by jakecronus8 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:51 am

Bogut hates Collison. Carney has never done anything for me either.
Do it for Chuck
wireonfire
Junior
And1: 1

Post#9 » by wireonfire » Tue May 27, 2008 4:11 am

Harrington is often ridiculed as a poor rebounder.
incontrol__
Veteran
And1: 12

Post#10 » by incontrol__ » Tue May 27, 2008 4:34 am

Can't really think any teams other than them that would have an interest in CV and would have the pieces to make it a worthwhile trade (unless it were a bigger deal).

paulpressey25 wrote:I do like the Mike Miller angle if we trade Redd.

Yeah, if the Bucks were to trade Redd, Mike Miller would be a great replacement as a shooter/scorer, and he'd likely come pretty cheaply. His contract is also fairly reasonable (due 9.1 and 9.8 mil over the next 2 seasons).

Miller's underrated, he's a good passer, one of the best shooters in the league (the best, according to Kobe, iirc), and is a good rebounder. His defense is also underrated -- people say he's a liability, but he's really just an average (to a little above average) defender - a lot better than Redd was last season from what i've seen, heard, and according to the stats, too.

David Lee would also be great, as has been said...
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,977

Post#11 » by drew881 » Tue May 27, 2008 4:38 am

paulpressey25 wrote:In re Golden State, I think Big Al's best days are behind him. He's a worse chucker than CV.

Who is Big Al? Sounds like a used car salesman? Who is CV? Sounds like an alien from a spielberg film?
Neapolitan Buck
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#12 » by Neapolitan Buck » Tue May 27, 2008 11:18 am

What about Kelenna Azubuike? he is a RFA, we could do a S&T: CV for him straight up. He is a very good defender on the perimeter (I know the fact that he plays in GS makes this sentence hilarious but he really is) and a very nice athlete, plus he is very young. He could be a nice piece off the bench.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks