TI: Out Redd...in.....Diaw + Bell

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Zeus LA
Junior
And1: 118

TI: Out Redd...in.....Diaw + Bell 

Post#1 » by Zeus LA » Wed May 28, 2008 11:50 pm

Combined salaries are very close.

Bucks add two very good defenders and extreme versatility with Diaw.

Suns add one of the deadliest 3 point threats and volume scorers in the league.

Mo can stay if preferred, picking up some of Redd's scoring, with Diaw doing his point forward thing for stretches.

Mo/Sessions
Bell/Bell
Diaw/Mason/Bobby
Yi/CV/Diaw
Bogut/Diaw/Gadz
And now it's over to...Moira
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,423

Post#2 » by MickeyDavis » Wed May 28, 2008 11:52 pm

Two Bells would confuse the hell out of Eric Jensen.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,572

Post#3 » by Profound23 » Wed May 28, 2008 11:56 pm

Bell returns in the game for Bell....LOL

Seriously, I would love it. Doubt the Suns do it though. That is a lot of salary between Redd/Shaq/Nash/Amare.

Even if Diaw doesn't work out, his contract is easier to move.

And Redd for Bell, would be exactly like Detroit did when they traded Stackhouse for Rip.
aaprigs311
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#4 » by aaprigs311 » Wed May 28, 2008 11:56 pm

I like it. I'd start Diaw at 4 though. They'd need to find a SF that could score some points though. I don't see enough offensive production with that line-up.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#5 » by raferfenix » Thu May 29, 2008 12:53 am

I'm a huge Raja Bell fan and think that Diaw way just need a new change of scenery (though a new coach could do the job too). I'm not sure the suns do this deal though, as their primary motivation behind trading for shaq was to improve defensively while this deal would be a big step back in that department.

Still, with the new and improved West adding Redd would make them a much more dangerous team. I do have a hard time seeing htem wanting to invest that much money in a SG who can't defend though, as many of that teams' problems are due to their owner penny pinching already.
Simulack
RealGM
And1: 4

Post#6 » by Simulack » Thu May 29, 2008 1:44 am

This is a horrible trade for the Bucks.

Salary going out would be: 51.2 million
Salary coming back would be: 46 million

It also adds another year before we get salary relief. So we give up the best player in the deal and don't even get any significant salary relief in return or get to unload another bad contract like Gadz? Yikes.

Wait, we get to add a feisty defensive-minded role player in Raja Bell! Well could someone remind me why a 26 win team with a low talent level is looking to trade its best scorer for role players? Role players usually need, you know, good players to compliment.

Things we should look for in a Redd trade:

a) Salary relief preferably by dumping Gadz as well
b) Pick(s)/Young prospect(s) (like Seattle got for Allen)
c) Swapping for a better player with a team desperate for change (Redd for Howard, probably the least likely scenario)

This doesn't accomplish any of those. I've been a huge Redd critic here even before his signed this deal but what the hell is the point of trading him for worse player with a bad contract (Diaw) and a role player like Bell?

Profound23 wrote:And Redd for Bell, would be exactly like Detroit did when they traded Stackhouse for Rip.

:eek1:

Hamilton was 23-24 at the time of the trade. He was the #7 pick in the draft three years before and had just come off a 20/4/3 season. Raja Bell is 31, was undrafted and has been a career role player. I guess other than that though it is exactly the same kind of trade.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,056

Post#7 » by paulpressey25 » Thu May 29, 2008 2:39 am

Simulack gave a nice summary. There is nothing exciting for me about either of these guys unless Nash is part of the deal. They are both system guys IMO.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Zeus LA
Junior

Post#8 » by Zeus LA » Thu May 29, 2008 3:19 am

Simulack wrote:This doesn't accomplish any of those. I've been a huge Redd critic here even before his signed this deal but what the hell is the point of trading him for worse player with a bad contract (Diaw) and a role player like Bell?

Yes, Redd has an advantage offensively, but Diaw is far, far superior at EVERY other aspect of the game. And to supplant your starting lineup with an additional facilitator and 2 strong defensive players is an upgrade IMO.

How much better is Redd than someone like Diaw? I think its debatable and I would take a gamble on him possibly before Kirilenko. I honestly think Diaw could be all defense team, under a coach like Skiles.

I do think the Bucks would still be a piece away with this deal. They still are now though correct? But the framework would now be in place.
Simulack
RealGM
And1: 4

Post#9 » by Simulack » Thu May 29, 2008 3:59 am

Redd for all his faults/bloated salary still at least has some positive value. Diaw has negative value right now because of his contract.

Suns owner Robert Sarver reportedly is looking to get out from under Diaw's contract that averages $9 million over the next four seasons.

If we want Diaw so badly, we could likely get him for Mason/filler. Even if you are right in your assessment of Diaw as a player, we are overpaying here when we could get him much cheaper.
Zeus LA
Junior

Post#10 » by Zeus LA » Thu May 29, 2008 4:16 am

Simulack wrote:Redd for all his faults/bloated salary still at least has some positive value. Diaw has negative value right now because of his contract.

Suns owner Robert Sarver reportedly is looking to get out from under Diaw's contract that averages $9 million over the next four seasons.

If we want Diaw so badly, we could likely get him for Mason/filler. Even if you are right in your assessment of Diaw as a player, we are overpaying here when we could get him much cheaper.

I had not seen that quote previously. Obviously if the price is cheaper I'd be all over it. Diaw's just turned 26 and doesn't have many miles on the clock.
NotYoAvgNBAFan
Junior
And1: 1

Post#11 » by NotYoAvgNBAFan » Thu May 29, 2008 10:28 am

No no no no no!

WHY ARE YOU GETTING THESE SCRUBS FOR REDD??????????????????

Based on what he is paid and his status warranted or not, M. Redd is an Olympian and should bring you back a true fire starter, not a role player of a scrub 6th or 7th man.

Redd could get you Shawn Marion if the Heat wanted to deal him or we could get the Heat in a three way deal.

Redd could get you Richard Jefferson who is being shopped around...and send CVill and Redd home to New York?

Send them both to Houston? Anywhere but to where you are saying. For soft ass Diaw and Bell? He has some skill and finesse but we have that already!

No no no! You can and should try to get a star for Redd! No more of this silly BS! Who takes up his scoring slack in that deal?

WHO!? You fans have to think! Use your heads and think with some of these trade proposals you all make!

You all are still bringing up soft ass, losing role players for Redd! Wally Szcerzbiak and now Boris Diaw,...You undersale Redd!

Contractually Dan Gadzuric should net you Diaw if you wanted him if not Simmons. Not Redd. If Diaw is the best you can do, you should look for another job.

Look, I like Redd but he has no more use for me anymore on this team because the man is not winner, a leader, and a team player according to what he is paid and what is expected of a franchise player.

If you move Redd you lose 30pts a game on some nights! That is a lot of points. Who replaces that? Bogut!? You are full of crap. Hell no he doesn't!

Bogut is good, but not that good....yet. Don't kid yourselves! Who? Not Diaw! You have a bunch of jump shooting clowns on this team who are easy to defend and prepare against.

You need to use Redd to get a flat out stud of a player who can get to the rim and take over games! Think Big....Melo, J.O, Artest...a difference maker!

Redd is worth a very good player. Especially in a package...with a pick and or Villauneva or if it is up to me....Yi Jinalian.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks