ImageImage

Redd to the Hawks Trades

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#21 » by WEFFPIM » Thu May 29, 2008 6:40 am

I would think the Hawks would go after Mo Williams before Michael Redd, but that's just my opinion.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
NotYoAvgNBAFan
Junior
And1: 1

Post#22 » by NotYoAvgNBAFan » Thu May 29, 2008 10:08 am

What the flunk do the hawks need with Redd???????????????????????

Hawks fans are lunatics! Why would he go there of all places!? Hey I would love it.

I would give them Villanueva as well and ask for Big Al Horford! But they don't need Redd....

Completely absurd but Rick Sund has messed up many franchises. Rick Sund may come in there and want another veteran to win right now.

But the only guy I would take and want is Josh Smith of Horford right off the bat.

They are so close to winning in the playoffs why would they get a losing player like Redd who can't lead a team here?

I am baffled by this...but would welcome any trade that does not bring Josh Childress here...
NotYoAvgNBAFan
Junior
And1: 1

Post#23 » by NotYoAvgNBAFan » Thu May 29, 2008 10:19 am

Nowak008 wrote:I can't say that I am too excited about this deal. Marvin is alright, not looking forward to extending him. Bibby is essentially an expiring contract, and a stop gap PG this year.

Moving Redd is #1 priority for me so I'd probably do it. Can't we do better though?
I was the biggest Marvin Williams fan in here and the kid is only 21...

I still think he will be a absolute monster in the right situation playing with more compatiable parts.

He is not gonna shine playing with his peers with no veteran influences on a team like the Hawks when everyone is around him was his same age and didnt understand the Pro game either.

The Hawks had too many of the same type of players who were basically young and dumb players in the essence of not knowing what it took to get it done...

Yes they made the playoffs on ability alone and because the rest of the East was horrible. But did not become as good as they could have.

The NBA has no more veterans anymore and all the players are under 5 years experience and dont know the game. He needs to be on a team with some vets and some structure and a X's and O's coach who can utilize what he has.

I like the deal but the Hawks are the last team that needs him. One of the main teams that need him is Orlando but they are like the Cavs in having no one to offer us straight up for him except Rashard Lewis perhaps?

I would take Tony Battie and Rashard Lewis and their pick for Redd and Villanueva in a minute!
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#24 » by smauss » Thu May 29, 2008 12:13 pm

I have absolutely no idea why the Hawks would do any trade for Redd; it makes zero sense to me. I imagine Redd or JJ will play the 3; but still I just don't get it. But it is the Hawks after all, stranger things have happened; or maybe the poster was Sund just floatin' it out there............. :D
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
smooth 'lil balla
Assistant Coach
And1: 8

Post#25 » by smooth 'lil balla » Thu May 29, 2008 1:56 pm

DrugBust wrote:So Joe Johnson plays SF?

Marvin and Bibby for Redd sure as hell works for me. Bibby can be flipped in February to a team looking to shed salary.

With the exception of any deal landing us in the top two or three, this might be my #1 Redd deal.

agreed. Best deal yet. Besides top TWO.

Marvin gives us the SF we need. Bibby's a winner. Perfect.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,056

Post#26 » by ReasonablySober » Thu May 29, 2008 1:59 pm

Bibby's not good and would be traded the second a good deal comes along.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,241

Post#27 » by LUKE23 » Thu May 29, 2008 2:04 pm

Yeah, this is a no brainer move. We lose $51,120,000 in Redd's salary, so we could pretty easily re-up Marvin at say 6-7M a year and still be paying less overall, given that we can either flip Bibby or let him expire.

Sessions/Gordon/Marvin/Yi/Bogut + whatever you get for Mo/CV is a pretty damn nice core IMO.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#28 » by raferfenix » Sat May 31, 2008 2:55 am

DrugBust wrote:Bibby's not good and would be traded the second a good deal comes along.

Bibby may be about done, but I still think he could help us out a lot evne if we trade him at the deadline (which I hope we would do). I was really impressed with Sessions, but he is still a very young PG, and having a vet like Bibby play even limited minutes could be great for us and his development. Even if he only plays 15 minutes a game it'd be a big help---especially in the fourth quarter.

His body may be breaking down, but clutchness and smart play don't disappear. I bet we could really use that in games where Sessions is struggling or playing inconsistenly like just aobut every young point guard does.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks