ImageImage

Anyone else hear Belling talk about the Bucks and Bogut?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,056

Post#41 » by paulpressey25 » Sat May 31, 2008 7:10 pm

DrugBust wrote:-= That's what I'm going to assume is what happened.

I agree. I'd swear I've seen injured players checking their cells for text messages during time outs or pulling them out at the end of the half.

We need Epi to ask Stotts what the protocol is/was on this.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,287

Post#42 » by rilamann » Sat May 31, 2008 7:17 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Good link. I'm surprised that CBQ talks to Belling like this.

I was thinking the same thing. :lol:

Sorry CBQ.

:P

Or maybe it was that Christine (I think thats her name) who calls Sparky's post game show after Bucks games and her whole schtick is to talk bad about Bogut and pretty much tries to convince everyone Bogut is a poor man's Dan Schayes.

It would be interesting to find out who Belling's actual source is because these reports sound like 110% bull.

As for Belling he is indeed terrible with NBA talk.I don't listien to him and havent heard him in years but back when I was in Jr High & High School (90's) my dad would sometimes pick me up from school and he would always have Belling on.

I remember he would frequently talk NBA but he was always talking out of his ass on the topic.He basically sounded like a clueless idiot.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#43 » by bigkurty » Sat May 31, 2008 7:21 pm

Sure Belling is well known and connected but his forte is politics and he was wrong on those predictions a lot too. I have told this story a few times on here where you can often find him drinking at Victors. So I debated with him the outcome of the JB Van Hollen vs. Paul Bucher Wisconsin Attorney General Republican ticket race and he personally guaranteed me that Bucher would win and said I was obviously uneducated about the situation if I thought Van Hollen would win. He was pretty lit up and I wasn't so I didn't take offense since he is funny to debate with when he is drinking but anyway, last I checked, Van Hollen not only won the republican ticket but also won the whole thing and is currently our states attorney general. So that being said, I don't want this to be about politics but I just want to share that he is often wrong about his own forte of supposed knowledge so why would anyone believe a word he says about basketball over most of the people in this forum who are 10x more passionate and educated about Bucks basketball than him?
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,331

Post#44 » by crkone » Sat May 31, 2008 7:21 pm

I seen a lot of injured players looking at their phones during games.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#45 » by REDDzone » Sat May 31, 2008 7:26 pm

I just think there is a huge difference in just habitually punching a button on your cell phone to check the time/messages/calls (I do this unconsciously), and TALKING on the phone during a game on the bench.

By the way Duder phrased it in the OP, it seems as if he was talking during the game, which I personally don't believe.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
dogswithbeesintheirmouths
Head Coach
And1: 1,985

Post#46 » by dogswithbeesintheirmouths » Sat May 31, 2008 9:38 pm

First of all, Belling's source gives me kind of a "woman making something out of nothing" vibe. Not that that's ever happened before.

Also, Hammond forming any opinions on players based on this kind of innuendo is unlikely, and making deals based off it would be ridiculous. He's at least going to wait and see for himself what the locker room issues are, especially with Bogut.
Enrique
Senior
And1: 30

Post#47 » by Enrique » Sun Jun 1, 2008 1:35 am

I think it's obvious that Belling thinks he knows more about sports than he really does, but he probably knows as much as most of the guys on the sportstalk stations. I know that doesn't say much. However, I wouldn't completely discount his source. I can't remember him ever scooping a sports story, but he regularly beats the JS to the punch.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,954

Post#48 » by Jez2983 » Sun Jun 1, 2008 12:35 pm

LockDownD wrote:As far as the crappy attitude, we all know he is temperamental, I.e. finger to fans, self High-five.

I love how getting annoyed one day is a 'crappy attitude'. So I suppose you've never got angry and flipped the bird at traffic or sworn at someone. Everyone gets fustrated.

And self high-five crappy attitude? That was hilarious!
LockDownD
Pro Prospect
And1: 11
Location: Save your urolagniac fantasies for a more approriate board

Post#49 » by LockDownD » Sun Jun 1, 2008 7:16 pm

OK, I'll give you that people have bad days, and that's all well and good. i would rather have a player be honest and not hide behind BS, show how they feel and their personalty. that aside Bogut is a huge talent that has shown personally flaws, if you like that term better, and the story most likely has some truth to it IMO. That's what I was getting at.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,031

Post#50 » by midranger » Sun Jun 1, 2008 11:02 pm

Wait, so the guy who made comments that were definitely anti-American and borderline (at best) anti-Black isn't well liked by his predominately African American teammates? No.....

Seriously, the guy has been a punk for the better part of three years. Running his mouth in the media while being an average player, flipping off the home fans, quitting in multiple games, demanding that teammates be traded, etc....

I know people love to chalk that up to his "team play" or a "fiery competativeness" or whatever other BS they can come up with. But I'm sure it wears on teammates like none other. Now it comes out from an actual (and I'm assuming fairly indifferent) media person, willing to attach his actual name to this information and people discount it as heresy. No surprise there. It fails the obviously biased, anonymous internet poster criteria that this board will take as Gospel.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#51 » by Chuck Diesel » Sun Jun 1, 2008 11:10 pm

:rofl: :rofl: Mark Belling
nuttinbutta Big Dog party
Junior
And1: 0

Post#52 » by nuttinbutta Big Dog party » Mon Jun 2, 2008 6:04 pm

If the story about Bogut is true, and his attitude is poor, we officially don't have one single decent piece on this team to build around.

I would be shocked if Bogut is moved. The silver lining would be that he would return a quality player or two that would have the qualities our staff is looking for.
Big Dogg GRob--smoothest 15 foot jumper in the game
James1980
Veteran
And1: 381

Post#53 » by James1980 » Mon Jun 2, 2008 6:30 pm

Whiteman wrote:ETA: No wonder D'Antoni left. I'd hate to be Steve Kerr right now.

Steve Kerr F***ed the Suns up!
NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,018

Post#54 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Mon Jun 2, 2008 10:01 pm

I've seen Bogut with his cell phone on the bench in a game he played in. 2 seasons ago the bucks were in a blow-out game against I forget who, then late in the 4th a VERY nice young lady decided to start calling his name, and when he finally turned around she started flashing him. This went on a few times, and he took out his phone and took a few pics.

He was giggling like a 12 year old looking at a playboy. I think the board talked about this game a while back. Maybe someone good with the search feature on here can find it, search never works well for me.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,045

Post#55 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jun 2, 2008 10:17 pm

AgainstMe! wrote:I've seen Bogut with his cell phone on the bench in a game he played in. 2 seasons ago the bucks were in a blow-out game against I forget who, then late in the 4th a VERY nice young lady decided to start calling his name, and when he finally turned around she started flashing him. This went on a few times, and he took out his phone and took a few pics.

He was giggling like a 12 year old looking at a playboy. I think the board talked about this game a while back. Maybe someone good with the search feature on here can find it, search never works well for me.

Wow.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,056

Post#56 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Jun 2, 2008 10:32 pm

I think I remember that flasher incident also. But wasn't Bogut in IR at the time and in street clothes?

Heck, I remember Kukoc posing with fans for photos and carrying on with them when he would sit way at the end of that bench while on IR.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,018

Post#57 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Mon Jun 2, 2008 10:37 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:I think I remember that flasher incident also. But wasn't Bogut in IR at the time and in street clothes?

Heck, I remember Kukoc posing with fans for photos and carrying on with them when he would sit way at the end of that bench while on IR.

Could be, it was two years ago or so, I don't remember all the details. Except the chick, should couldnt have been a day over 18.

But I thought he was playing cause I thought it was odd he had a cell on the bench with him.
midranger
RealGM

Post#58 » by midranger » Tue Jun 3, 2008 2:14 am

Team player.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
midranger
RealGM

Post#59 » by midranger » Tue Jun 3, 2008 2:16 am

If the incident was 2 years ago i.e. Bogut's rookie year, he played every game IIRC, so it'd be impossible for him to be on the IR.

And I do recall the flasher, I never heard about the pics though.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
KingCammo
Veteran
And1: 50

Post#60 » by KingCammo » Tue Jun 3, 2008 2:37 am

Awesome, better trade Bogut then! There must be some mistake free young players out in the NBA somewhere?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks