ImageImage

Pistons Talking Big Changes

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Pistons Talking Big Changes 

Post#1 » by raferfenix » Sat May 31, 2008 4:26 pm

Rasheed Wallace is saying "that's the End Man". Saunders' is 50/50 on returning. Their roster is aging, teams in the league are improving, and many of their fans are saying it's time to make a change.

This could certainly impact the bucks, as the pistons are full of the exact sort of defensive minded unselfish players that we so desperately need. They are Hammond guys to the extreme---and considering his role in acquriing them, I assume he would have particularly good scouting reports on them all.

I'm a major Tayshaun Prince fan and would kill to make a trade for him. I know many on this board were praying for us to persue Billups, and I could even see how us getting Wallace could really help us both short term on the court and long term with his ending contract and with his ability to inspire harder play on D.

So how about it? Could it finally be time for the pistons to break up their big 4, and if it happens, could the Bucks be involved?
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#2 » by REDDzone » Sat May 31, 2008 4:33 pm

I'd say their young guys and Tayshaun are probably pretty untouchable.

Wallace, as crazy as it may sound, could be a possibility though. I was going to make this thread later but you beat me to it.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Serge28
RealGM
And1: 1,733

Post#3 » by Serge28 » Sat May 31, 2008 4:42 pm

And why would we want Wallace?
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#4 » by REDDzone » Sat May 31, 2008 4:44 pm

13 mill expiring and defensive stopgap?
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
raferfenix
RealGM

Post#5 » by raferfenix » Sat May 31, 2008 4:47 pm

REDDzone wrote:13 mill expiring and defensive stopgap?

Exactly. He'd be a dramatically better fit than the Wally/Varajao combo, as even if he's not here long term his swagger and defensive play could really hlep change our team attitude.

I can see the pistons being real into Varajao, so a wallace ot milwaukee deal might not be entirely unrealistic. I'm still hoping for a Prince trade if we do make a deal with the pistons---they would have to be all over a player at 8 though to do that.
Serge28
RealGM
And1: 1,733

Post#6 » by Serge28 » Sat May 31, 2008 4:49 pm

Wallace's expiring contract would really be the only reason to trade for him I guess. I don't really see what Detroit would be interested in in return though.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,977

Post#7 » by drew881 » Sat May 31, 2008 4:53 pm

First off, I don't think we should take anything Wallace says for face value.

Secondly, I think Detroit is in a similar position as the Spurs, but with a few good young players. Detroit is aging, but Hamilton is and has always been in great shape. I'm not worried about him. Billups got injured, but his game doesn't rely as much on athleticism as it does hustle. He will be fine. Wallace is tricky....Not sure what you do with his contract. Mcdyess played the best he has in his career since his injuries. Not sure where he goes from there, but he is still signed.

The good side: They have two good young players in Maxiell and Stuckey. Stuckey played major mins in the Celtics series and did well. They have another first round rookie (i think) in Afflalo who almost made the playoff roster, but they didn't want two rookie guards.

I don't think this is a blow it up circumstance. I don't think it matters if they get a new coach (see past history with Brown, Saunders, Carlisle - they are fine there).

What I think they need: They need to grab a pesky player who can shoot and backup the SG and SF positions. If they went out and landed a bench player like Vujacic I think they would be fine. They are missing a spark off the bench which Vujacic and Maxiel and Stuckey could provide.

Finally, I don't see Joe making major changes. He has gotten so much out of those core players and I think he will be loyal.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#8 » by WRau1 » Sat May 31, 2008 5:46 pm

If the Pistons are going to make changes, I'd think that this offseason would be the time to do it. They have some nice young pieces to build around in Stuckey, Afflalo, Maxiell and Amir Johnson has showed some flashes. Pistons have 4 very tradeable pieces in Billups, Hamilton, Wallace and McDyess so IF Det decides to rebuild I'm sure it wouldn't take them long.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
raferfenix
RealGM

Post#9 » by raferfenix » Sat May 31, 2008 5:52 pm

WRau1 wrote:If the Pistons are going to make changes, I'd think that this offseason would be the time to do it. They have some nice young pieces to build around in Stuckey, Afflalo, Maxiell and Amir Johnson has showed some flashes. Pistons have 4 very tradeable pieces in Billups, Hamilton, Wallace and McDyess so IF Det decides to rebuild I'm sure it wouldn't take them long.

Agreed---prince is also on that list of tradeable pieces, and is probably the most valuable one.

I don't think they will blow it up, but a big tweak could be in order. They have a stockpile of young big men that need minutes to improve, and new blood could help reinvigorate a team that has stagnated the last 3 years.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#10 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Sat May 31, 2008 6:00 pm

If I were the Pistons, I'd still take one more shot. They're still the second best team in the East next year if they just keep what they have. The core in Boston is aging every bit as fast as they are. In fact, I'd probably prefer to deal the semi-valuable young guys for another veteran to win now with.

Very hard to do any trade without including their big four, but maybe it's possible to swing a Mike Miller trade with all their young guys. Perhaps Al Harrington. I'd explore those sort of things first.
cam2win
Veteran
And1: 7

Post#11 » by cam2win » Sat May 31, 2008 6:01 pm

Rasheed would be perfect, between him and Redd we'd have the best bowling team in the NBA
drew881
RealGM

Post#12 » by drew881 » Sat May 31, 2008 6:42 pm

raferfenix wrote: a team that has stagnated the last 3 years.

Boy, I wish our team stagnated to the ECF for the last 6 years. Thats some stagnation. They lost game 7s in the ECF to the cavs and I think Miami if i remember correctly.

A major overall is not needed. One player at the most should be traded, and its certainly not prince (who is only 28). The backcourt is fine (they scored 31 out of the first 37 pts in last nights game).

I think the pistons should sell high on Mcdyess to give more time to Maxiell who fell out of the rotation at times in the playoffs. A decent team would be willing to give up a future pick a few years down the road (see Otis Thorpe trade) or an expiring contract for his services.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,286

Post#13 » by rilamann » Sat May 31, 2008 6:56 pm

I think Rasheed would be an interesting fit on the Bucks to say the least.Rasheed seems like one those guys who would kick a teammate's ass (in the locker room) if he felt the guy wasnt playing hard.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
showtimesam
Veteran
And1: 32

Post#14 » by showtimesam » Sat May 31, 2008 6:59 pm

Looking at their board one player mentioned that the Pistons would be willing to give up Tayshaun but would only be interested in Yi or Bogut.

So I'd send them Yi and Simmons for Tayshaun and then Draft Love at 8.
Williams/Sessions
Redd/Bell
Prince/Ersan
CV/Love
Bogut/Love

Then we'd still have Mo, Redd, and/or CV as trade bait.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,055

Post#15 » by paulpressey25 » Sat May 31, 2008 7:08 pm

showtimesam wrote:So I'd send them Yi and Simmons for Tayshaun and then Draft Love at 8.

I don't think I'd make that deal until I saw Love there at 8 on draft night.

But I'd have to admit it is a damn intriguing deal.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#16 » by bigkurty » Sat May 31, 2008 7:10 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Same here, where do I sign.
drew881
RealGM

Post#17 » by drew881 » Sat May 31, 2008 7:58 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Why do you think the Pistons would make that trade? They already got burnt on an international PF that was young (Yi maybe is) with a ton of upside (see Darko).

They can get better value for Prince (an established player).
NotYoAvgNBAFan
Junior
And1: 1

Re: Pistons Talking Big Changes 

Post#18 » by NotYoAvgNBAFan » Sat May 31, 2008 9:25 pm

raferfenix wrote:Rasheed Wallace is saying "that's the End Man". Saunders' is 50/50 on returning. Their roster is aging, teams in the league are improving, and many of their fans are saying it's time to make a change.

This could certainly impact the bucks, as the pistons are full of the exact sort of defensive minded unselfish players that we so desperately need. They are Hammond guys to the extreme---and considering his role in acquriing them, I assume he would have particularly good scouting reports on them all.

I'm a major Tayshaun Prince fan and would kill to make a trade for him. I know many on this board were praying for us to persue Billups, and I could even see how us getting Wallace could really help us both short term on the court and long term with his ending contract and with his ability to inspire harder play on D.

So how about it? Could it finally be time for the pistons to break up their big 4, and if it happens, could the Bucks be involved?

LOL...I like your posts my friend but sometimes you are so young and naive in any article you read. Heehee... :rofl:

But stop it! :rofl: You are not gonna get Detriot to send any of their players here man! :noway: Come now...use some thought here!

Why :confused: would the Pistons send Billups or Prince to a divisional rival to come back and beat them!?

Come on...now. End of subject.

The Pistons did not get where they are by stupidity :crazy: . When they make trades or acquistions they make them outside the conference.

Rasheed Wallace is a perfect example. The time they stole Richard H was not in the same division.

We are not getting any of their players. :noway:
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,240

Post#19 » by Sigra » Sat May 31, 2008 9:51 pm

I would like all 4 of their players
THE DINJ
Starter
And1: 121

Post#20 » by THE DINJ » Sun Jun 1, 2008 1:18 am

Firing Flip would do it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks