Banned User
And1: 0

Post#4 » by Johnny Newman » Sun Jun 1, 2008 8:54 pm

Sorry playing Vegas 2 while typing.
lukeridenour
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#5 » by lukeridenour » Mon Jun 2, 2008 8:46 am

finley would rather stay with us obviously. most of our fan base would rather not resign him but im not sure what the FO has in mind.
Manu Ginobili:

* Italian League Championship: 2001
* Italian Cup: 2001, 2002
* Euroleague: 2001
* Americas Championship: 2001
* NBA Championship: 2003, 2005, 2007
* Summer Olympic Games gold medal: 2004
MajorDad
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#6 » by MajorDad » Mon Jun 2, 2008 6:32 pm

I've always liked finley, and would love to have Finley as a 6th man for the bucks. he already has a championship ring.

other than playing for UW, how big are his ties to the Wisconsin and milwaukee area? I ask because I was born and raised in Wisconsin, but I haven't lived there in over 30 years, and there is nothing really there that would make me put Wisconsin at the top of my list as places to look for new employment.

As a bucks fan, I'd like Finley to come back for his fina l few years and play for them. but what's in it for finley? Why would he want to come back? Family? he owns a house here? play for the home crowd?

not being an athlete, how much of a thrill does a PRO athlete get out of performing in front of his home crowd? How much desire is there for him? being raised in Wisconsin and given a choice of who for and where to play to play, I'd pick about 10 other teams I'd rather play for than coming back home to play for the bucks. it's nothing against Milwaukee, but if given a choice, new orleans looks pretty good as does Charlotte, and orlando. A good case could be made for San Antonio and Dallas. if I liked good restaurants, i'd choose Chicago, Boston or LA. The bay Area and portland are nice, but expensive.

Given a choice, and not considering the team composition, what does mlwaukee have to offer a pro athlete? my guess is the bucks real selling point is its players, coaches and the money. i've been to the House on the rock. it's not enough to make me want to come home and look for a job. What does milwaukee offer to a pro athlete that some other city can't offer?

I'm not meaning to cut down or dis the city of milwaukee, but I just don't see anything special that Milwaukee offers that another city such as Chicago doesn't offer. What can milwaukee offer that boston or new york can't offer?

is having a coach named skiles and players like MO, redd, and Bogut going to be enough to lure a player like finley to play for the Bucks at the mid level exemption? For some reason, i just don't think that's going to be enough to lure finley to play for the Bucks. i know the Bucks fans would love to acquire finley. but i can't see him jumping at the opportunity.

I'd ask the same thing of Dwayne Wade. When he becomes a free agent, what will the Bucks be able to offer him to lure him to become a buck? Every team can offer him money.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks