ImageImage

OT: T-Pot to coach Suns

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

JoeHova
Lead Assistant
And1: 61

Post#21 » by JoeHova » Sun Jun 8, 2008 5:13 am

I hope he does well. Despite some bizarre substitution patterns and a possible weakness in terms of calling plays out of timeouts, I thought he was a good coach. I thought he deserved at least one more year in Milwaukee.
"Look, if he sees me on his lawn waving a gun around, he's gonna pretend not to be home."
THE DINJ
Starter
And1: 121

Post#22 » by THE DINJ » Sun Jun 8, 2008 3:22 pm

I wish the best for him, but I don't think he was a very good coach with the Bucks. Phoenix just threw away any chance they had to win a title with this core of players.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#23 » by Thunder Muscle » Sun Jun 8, 2008 3:28 pm

Although I thought Porter got a raw deal and should've gotten one more year, I wasn't disappointed to see him go. His substitution patterns were puzzling at best and we looked like a clusterf*ck every time after a timeout. He'll definitely be working with more talent now, but it will be interesting to see what he'll do out in the desert.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#24 » by europa » Sun Jun 8, 2008 8:59 pm

Good article on Porter on ESPN.com. Here's an excerpt:

It doesn't hurt that Porter has a good r
Nothing will not break me.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#25 » by xTitan » Sun Jun 8, 2008 10:18 pm

The key to how much success Porter has will be determined when he hires his bench coach, that will be the person who does the x's and o's...not Porter.
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 867

Post#26 » by Epicurus » Sun Jun 8, 2008 11:47 pm

europa wrote:Good article on Porter on ESPN.com. Here's an excerpt:

It doesn't hurt that Porter has a good r
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#27 » by europa » Sun Jun 8, 2008 11:54 pm

Epicurus wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

ESPN seems to have left out the part that Redd was not resigning with the Bucks, if Porter remained coach; and the internal civil war related not only to that, but the assistants.

I wouldn't be surprised if ESPN didn't know about this. I don't believe that's ever been reported. Fortunately, those of us in this forum have received a lot of strong info about the team that hasn't been reported from sources such as yourself to provide a lot of context to what has gone on with this team in recent seasons. It's sad to think how much the average fan who has to rely on just the J/S or even ESPN for their info about the Bucks is missing out on. This forum really does provide a wealth of tremendous info about this team.
Nothing will not break me.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,569

Post#28 » by Profound23 » Mon Jun 9, 2008 12:59 am

Epicurus wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

ESPN seems to have left out the part that Redd was not resigning with the Bucks, if Porter remained coach; and the internal civil war related not only to that, but the assistants.

I am glad that Porter is getting not only another chance, but one with a winning team. Such fortune is only fair after having to deal with the incompetence of Harris in building a team and Kohl's clueless hubris.

Damn that would have been killing two birds with one stone, get rid of an overrated SG without having to give him the max....but be able to say you offered the max and you keep at worst a decent coach.

Instead they signed Redd to a Maxed out deal, and hired a terrible head coach (2 yrs in a row).
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 867

Post#29 » by Epicurus » Mon Jun 9, 2008 1:09 am

At worst they hired as Porter's replacement a decent coach (as I would think that anyone with an IQ in triple digits would understand after last season). Unfortunately what wasn't replaced was the incompetent GM and the hapless owner.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,419

Post#30 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jun 9, 2008 2:35 am

Epicurus wrote:At worst they hired as Porter's replacement a decent coach (as I would think that anyone with an IQ in triple digits would understand after last season). Unfortunately what wasn't replaced was the incompetent GM and the hapless owner.

We're down to just one.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks