Trade 1:
Chicago gets:
Michael Redd
Dan Gadzuric

Milwaukee gets:
Kirk Hinrich
Larry Hughes
Top 10 Protected 2009 pick

I'm still looking at 2 summers (the Bobby Simmons summer) as the time to get the cap situation cleared up. Larry Hughes expires that year as well, and Hinrich has that very friendly declining contract which will pay him 9 and 8 million his final two years. I'm not sure of the dynamic between Hinrich and Skiles, so that would be important to ascertain before this deal. However, This deal brings us two versatile guards who can defend multiple positions and handle the ball. Plus the 2009 pick is just another asset moving forward.

Trade 2:
Portland gets:
Mo Williams

Milwaukee gets:
Travis Outlaw
Channing Frye

This has to be done after July 1st due to BYC complications. We get the long athletic forward we seem to crave here, and a guy to replace Gadz's non-contributions.

Trade 3:
Memphis gets:
Des Mason
Charlie Villanueva
2009 2nd rounder

Milwaukee gets:
Mike Miller

We get our shooter/scorer. Another versatile guy who can handle, shoot, pass, and rebound.

Draft: Russell Westbrook, Richard Hendrix

We get our defensive guard to pair with Hinrich. Both guys 6'3. Both guys can defend either SG or PG. Both guys have some PG ability. Hendrix is is an NBA ready type bruiser who is definitely worth drafting in the 2nd.

FA: Kwame Brown 2 years, 7 million.

Nobody will pay him more. We use him as defensive big off the bench. That's it. Make sure his contract expires with Simmons and Hughes.

What we're left with:

Guards:
Kirk Hinrich
Russell Westbrook
Larry Hughes
Ramon Sessions
Charlie Bell

Forwards:
Mike Miller
Travis Outlaw
Yi JianLian
Bobby Simmons
Richard Hendrix

Centers:
Andrew Bogut
Kwame Brown
Channing Frye

Final Lineup:

Hinrich (26) - Sessions (22)
Hughes (22) - Westbrook (22) - Hinrich (4)
Miller (34) - Simmons (14)
Yi (26) - Outlaw (22)
Bogut (34) - Brown (14)

Bench:
Charlie Bell
Channing Frye
Richard Hendrix

Alot of defense on that squad. IF Bogut could improve to an 18 ppg scorer as some have him pinned for, and IF Larry Hughes can provide 15 ppg I think the scoring should be adequate to win a few games.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#2 » by EastSideBucksFan » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:08 pm

I like almost all of it until it comes time to sign Kwame Brown

I'd rather give Ha-Seung Jin $10M than pay Kwame a dime.

Basketball players just don't come any dumber than Kwame Brown.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#3 » by WRau1 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:44 pm

Why does CHI do that deal? I think it would have to be our protected pick to going to them in 09.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,058

Post#4 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:46 pm

I haven't seen that Bulls variation, but it's brilliant and I'd make that deal all day long. A couple thoughts though.

a) I don't Chicago does that. The Bulls were too cheap for D'Antoni and Collins. Redd/Gadz are due $71 million. I know we are taking Hughes and Hinich who both make good coin, but I can't see the Bulls doing a deal where they take on more salary.

b) Bulls also have to then trade Ben Gordon or figure out a reasonable deal for him.

c) I'd keep CV. I think Hughes can suffice for some wing scoring if he's healthy.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
redred9
Assistant Coach
And1: 66

Post#5 » by redred9 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:50 pm

for chicago, a rose/redd/gordon backcourt is pretty nasty
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,484

Post#6 » by SupremeHustle » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:02 pm

I like it, except Outlaw at the 4 spot.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
BrewCityBBQ
Analyst
And1: 79

Post#7 » by BrewCityBBQ » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:08 pm

One of the best trade proposals yet. And another plus it doesnt deal Bogut or Yi in any.

Nice job.
cheeztrain
Sophomore
And1: 16

Post#8 » by cheeztrain » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:28 pm

how did hinrich and skiles get along?
smalls
Junior
And1: 0

Post#9 » by smalls » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:18 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:I like almost all of it until it comes time to sign Kwame Brown

I'd rather give Ha-Seung Jin $10M than pay Kwame a dime.

Basketball players just don't come any dumber than Kwame Brown.

u guys have heard the stories about him as a wizard right??? Three stick in my head, the first was that he didnt know how to do laundry so he would just throw clothes away after they got funky and buy new ones, the second (a little fuzzy on this one so i maybe off a bit)was that when he first got to washington he went out to dinner with his agent to a fancy resturant, i believe and he ordered a salad and the resturant didnt have french dressing so anytime he went out to nice resturaunts after that he always brought his own bottle of french dressing just in case. The third was that aside from his occasional trips out to a nice place with his agent or team management he ate exclusively at Popeyes chicken. Now i love Popeyes as much as the next guy but that is no type of diet for a pro athlete or any human under any circumstances. Anyways the point i am tryin to make is that the guy is so dumb he can't even take care of himself much less take care of anything on a pro basketball level.

So i am definitely gonna agree with ESB here and state i would pay Ha-Seung Jin 10 mill b4 i gave Kwame a cent.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#10 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:41 pm

I like the look of that team, sans-kwame, but the real problem i have with these trades is that it leaves us half-rebuilding half trying to compete. We need to go one way or the other. I am tired of watching teams that struggle to mediocrity. I am willing to deal with some bad years of Bucks basketball to right this thing. Im already used to it anyways.
Do it for Chuck
is1531
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: 3 Trades. Redd and Mo gone. 

Post#11 » by is1531 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:20 am

midranger wrote:Trade 1:
Chicago gets:
Michael Redd
Dan Gadzuric

Milwaukee gets:
Kirk Hinrich
Larry Hughes
Top 10 Protected 2009 pick

I'm still looking at 2 summers (the Bobby Simmons summer) as the time to get the cap situation cleared up. Larry Hughes expires that year as well, and Hinrich has that very friendly declining contract which will pay him 9 and 8 million his final two years. I'm not sure of the dynamic between Hinrich and Skiles, so that would be important to ascertain before this deal. However, This deal brings us two versatile guards who can defend multiple positions and handle the ball. Plus the 2009 pick is just another asset moving forward.

Trade 2:
Portland gets:
Mo Williams

Milwaukee gets:
Travis Outlaw
Channing Frye

This has to be done after July 1st due to BYC complications. We get the long athletic forward we seem to crave here, and a guy to replace Gadz's non-contributions.

Trade 3:
Memphis gets:
Des Mason
Charlie Villanueva
2009 2nd rounder

Milwaukee gets:
Mike Miller

We get our shooter/scorer. Another versatile guy who can handle, shoot, pass, and rebound.

Draft: Russell Westbrook, Richard Hendrix

We get our defensive guard to pair with Hinrich. Both guys 6'3. Both guys can defend either SG or PG. Both guys have some PG ability. Hendrix is is an NBA ready type bruiser who is definitely worth drafting in the 2nd.

FA: Kwame Brown 2 years, 7 million.

Nobody will pay him more. We use him as defensive big off the bench. That's it. Make sure his contract expires with Simmons and Hughes.

What we're left with:

Guards:
Kirk Hinrich
Russell Westbrook
Larry Hughes
Ramon Sessions
Charlie Bell

Forwards:
Mike Miller
Travis Outlaw
Yi JianLian
Bobby Simmons
Richard Hendrix

Centers:
Andrew Bogut
Kwame Brown
Channing Frye

Final Lineup:

Hinrich (26) - Sessions (22)
Hughes (22) - Westbrook (22) - Hinrich (4)
Miller (34) - Simmons (14)
Yi (26) - Outlaw (22)
Bogut (34) - Brown (14)

Bench:
Charlie Bell
Channing Frye
Richard Hendrix

Alot of defense on that squad. IF Bogut could improve to an 18 ppg scorer as some have him pinned for, and IF Larry Hughes can provide 15 ppg I think the scoring should be adequate to win a few games.

These trades that you proposed will not get the Bucks to the promised land.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#12 » by WRau1 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:58 am

is1531 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It adds more young talent, brings in vet pieces that still allows us to win now and sets us up with huge financial flexibility right when Bostons window will be closing. Seems like the right path towards "the promised land".
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,172
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#13 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:08 am

is1531 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Oh please wise sir give me the formula in this offseason for getting us to the promised land short of GMs giving up free superstars like they did to the Celtics.
cheeztrain
Sophomore
And1: 16

Post#14 » by cheeztrain » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:56 am

here's my variation on 2k8. It worked there give me a break!!

#1 trade

mo/mason

to portland for

lafrentz/#13

#2 trade

redd/gadz/villanueva

to chicago for

hinrich/hughes/sefolasha

#3 trade

bell/sefolasha/ 2 second round picks

to washington for

nick young/haywood

* not sure how high Washington is on N. Young to get this deal done

then I signed Ersan

lineup

hinrich/sessions/fa
nick young/hughes/hinrich
#8/simmons/Ersan
Yi/#13/Ersan/Lafrentz
Bogut/Haywood/#13/fa/LaFrentz

you'd probably start Hughes and Simmons, but it gives us young guys in the #8 and Young to go with 2 vets in Simmons and Hughes.

2 years from now Hughes and Simmons come off the books or are tradebait next year.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,031

Post#15 » by midranger » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:34 am

WRau1 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It adds more young talent, brings in vet pieces that still allows us to win now and sets us up with huge financial flexibility right when Bostons window will be closing. Seems like the right path towards "the promised land".

This is what I was thinking. Get some young vet types who are versatile, defensive minded, and tradeable down the line if necessary. Add assets for the future. Then clear the cap up as well as possible in 2 years.
aaprigs311
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#16 » by aaprigs311 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:47 am

DO IT. I'd take Love over Westbrook though, if that's at all possible. I don't think Yi is anywhere close to a starter in this league.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,031

Post#17 » by midranger » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:57 am

Why is everyone soooooooooo down on Kwame?

Sure he's not a great, or good, basketball player. BUT, he does play very solid post defense, and as a 14 minute backup, that's all I would require. It'd certainly be a step up from Gadzuric.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,326

Post#18 » by El Duderino » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:16 am

I'd probably make those trade, but wouldn't sign Brown.

With that said, i highly doubt any of the three trades will happen anywhere close to the proposals in the thread. The only one i could see happening in some fashion is Mo to Portland for a number of different scenarios.
GOBlazers
Sixth Man
And1: 24

Post#19 » by GOBlazers » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:13 am

Is there no public education in Milwaukee? Or do people just think they can succeed selling cheese?
6_Rings
RealGM
And1: 2,891

Post#20 » by 6_Rings » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:38 am

let's do it. ;)
El Turco wrote:Nothing wrong with men shaking their ass while other men in tights jump on top of each other.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks