ImageImage

MBBOT Mock Draft For Bucks...Hold da' Mayo? Not 4 Me.

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

MBBOT Mock Draft For Bucks...Hold da' Mayo? Not 4 Me. 

Post#1 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:36 am

Bucks Mock Draft

Top 5-7 Guys In Order I would take if I were Bucks GM

Needs: Toughess. Desire. Competitive fire. Smarts. Leadership. A Superstar who makes others better. Oh yes, and WINNING MENTALITY BY ANY MEANS NECCESSARY!

#1. OJ Mayo.
The more I think about it the more I look at what the other competitors are doing and what the Pistons blueprint has been for success.
Get great guard play and establish a foundation of a Champion.

Even Skiles came from a team with a solid backcourt when they were at their peak and contract squabbles did not undermine what he was doing down there.

OJ Mayo will not come in here to workout, but neither did Yi.

I would pursue a deal with the T'Wolves in some form or fashion with another team joining in to move up and get their #3 pick which they do not really need.

I gotta see OJ Mayo vs Derrick Rose for the next few years and see what magic can come out of that? It is a must see!

OJ would surely put fannies in the seats and make the Bucks an immediate marquee team on the networks...and make them relevant again. Mayo vs CPaul and DRon...my oh my!

OJ mayo would be our new generation Sidney Moncrief...he can guard too!

#2. Eric Gordon I just think this kid will be dynamite. Don't ask me why, but for me he is just one of those 'hunch players.' You just have a hunch....that he will be...

Assistant coach and former Trailblazer standout Lionel Hollins could really work with both of these two guys...

#3. Kevin Love. Another glove guy. He can board, he can bang, and he can think and read offenses and defenses and is just a great team guy.

Actually if I can't get the two guy I got #1 and #2 I would simply trade down...if you get Love you would have to move both Yi and Villanueva in a trade to get another pick to reshape that frontline.

Skiles and Joe Wolf would have the least amount of headache from teaching Kevin Love. Great guy for the outlet pass. A bit of a project offensively on the Pro level? Perhaps...

But Kevin is the type of guy where you say, athleticsim is not everything...but basketball intuitveness instincts, IQ and intangibles is just as vital. Ask the Spurs. Love would make a perfect Spur.

#4. Joe Alexander. Ho hum...He can play. But like I said, if you cant move down and get Mayo and dont like Gordon you might as well. I would just as soon bring back Ersan Ilyasova then get this kid and trade the pick for an establish guy.

#5. Donte Greene. Another hunch guy for me...

Summary

#1. OJ Mayo A 'Must Have' if Bulls grab Rose. Names and faces make the NBA...we know now.
#2. Eric Gordon If you can get more by moving Redd then this is your guy.
#3. Kevin Love Then, I would move Yi in a heartbeat in a deal to bring in Artest but that is just me.
#4. Joe? If you can't get these top 3 just forget it and move down...No one else worth it.
#5. Greene Some want Randolph here but I would rather have one of the Kansas guys if you twist my arm. Rush or the other kid. The PF... you can never have enough winners.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks