ImageImage

06/19 ESPN & DX.com Speculation

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Re: 06/19 ESPN & DX.com Speculation 

Post#1301 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:55 pm

Balls2TheWalls wrote:I'm not 100% certain that it was someone that wichmae sent the e-mail to that gave out the rumor information. Someone who was not included in the e-mail information seemed to be the one handing out the information. I am not certain who told them, but I definitely don't want to be labeled as an untrustworthy person because of someone else's actions.

Apparently nobody had permission to tell you in the first place, so whether you did or didn't tell others isn't an issue. It doesn't matter who spread the news - that was just the logical outcome of making a hundred or more people curious, and then telling a few of them and asking them to hold themselves to a higher standard than you can hold yourself to.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,586

Post#1302 » by Profound23 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:15 pm

I just finally accepting the idea that if Love falls to us at 8 we take him, however if we trade up to 4 to get him I WILL BE PISSED.

I guess it is still better than taking Joe Alexander though.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,612

Post#1303 » by Balls2TheWalls » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:16 pm

adamcz wrote:Apparently nobody had permission to tell you in the first place, so whether you did or didn't tell others isn't an issue. It doesn't matter who spread the news - that was just the logical outcome of making a hundred or more people curious, and then telling a few of them and asking them to hold themselves to a higher standard than you can hold yourself to.

You may be right, but it still seems as though it is easy for those who were not privy to the information to march around on a high horse now that the information is public. I guess that I expected responsibility and respect of the confidentiality of the information to garner proper behavior. Unfortunately, it was the exact opposite.

In the past we have had people hint at confidential information and, after the requisite amount of whining about not having the information, we did not press them to the point where the rumor was splashed onto RealGM (Which was one of the exact things we were told not to do with the information). I suppose that since I am not normally privy to such information, that I cherish the chance to have advanced/insider information, and would not want to destroy any trust or respect that i have gained from the person with the original information. Apparently that trust is not important to the person who posted it, or to the hundreds of people that needed to know the information, but the trust is important to me and, I would assume after her repsonses, CBQ. I think that my real issue is that any trust I had gained from wichmae has been lost because someone did not respect the confidentiality of the information being passed around.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM

Post#1304 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:42 pm

Balls2TheWalls wrote:You may be right, but it still seems as though it is easy for those who were not privy to the information to march around on a high horse now that the information is public.
:lol:
Seems like a funny shot to take, considering anyone who posted their email address was privy to this information.
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#1305 » by wichmae » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:04 pm

not by it original intention they were not shared this info. I went by the guidelines I was given and you are wrong for assuming you know anything on the matter. The problem is I trusted someoen I thought I could trust with sharing things. I certainly, like refuted before, didnt give it out to just anybody.

And like you said in the post above about me being ignorant. I will share what I wish with whom I wish within the guidelines I am given. Whether you like it or not there is a group on this board who do communicate things (mostly off the board) on a normal basis. You again are just assuming things and blindly making accusations of what actually transpired. Next time I suggest you just stick to something you where you actually know what your talking about.
oshmeehan
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#1306 » by oshmeehan » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:08 pm

^^^^^^ And people have the right to share that information you give them whether you want them or would like them to or not
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM

Post#1307 » by Balls2TheWalls » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:13 pm

I don't think that trwi7 (whom you got the information from) got the information from wichmae. If I remember correctly, around page 67 of this thread (which aaprigs311 so helpfully edited out), aaprigs311 e-mailed the rumor to trwi7. It was the original intent of wichmae for the information not to be proliferated throughout the board. I have to think that aaprigs311 got his information from somewhere else.
wichmae
RealGM

Post#1308 » by wichmae » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:22 pm

oshmeehan wrote:^^^^^^ And people have the right to share that information you give them whether you want them or would like them to or not

No not really. Thats they way getting information works. They have to abide by the guidelines given or that flow of information stops. Like it will now for this board. Once the trust is broken and other "sources" or "people in the know" see that trust is broken your information faucet turns off. This is where I made my mistake. Trusting someone with information who has probably never had information given to them before. Not knowing how to abide by the guidelines stated.
wichmae
RealGM

Post#1309 » by wichmae » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:24 pm

I wont lose sleep over it at all. I have explained what happened and nothing bad will come of it.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM

Post#1310 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:24 pm

wichmae wrote:not by it original intention they were not shared this info. I went by the guidelines I was given and you are wrong for assuming you know anything on the matter.
. So let me get this straight - you have a source who told you that you can post 5 or 10 hints on a message board and email the exact details to several strangers? And that same source has reason to be worried if the details get posted publicly? If all of that is true, then your source is a very unintelligent person.
And like you said in the post above about me being ignorant.
I never said you were ignorant, I said it was dumb of you to hold strangers to a higher standard than you yourself can be held to. I have a very hard time believing that there is somebody in the Bucks organization who is so stupid, he actually shared info that would put his job in jeopardy to you, and further told you that you could email it to people you barely know, and drop hint after hint on a message board, as long as the people you emailed can be trusted to not post your emails on the board. Obviously this person should have been cleaned out with Harris and the rest - maybe their time is coming soon.
I will share what I wish with whom I wish within the guidelines I am given. Whether you like it or not there is a group on this board who do communicate things (mostly off the board) on a normal basis.
It's not for me to decide, but I do think that MD and PP are making a big mistake if they allow for an "insiders' club" atmosphere to develop here, where people share secrets with each other publicly and make a big show about it. It alienates new members, and sends them looking for some other place where they can gain "full membership." If you have a group of friends that you talk to offline, you should just share your info with them directly.
You again are just assuming things and blindly making accusations of what actually transpired. Next time I suggest you just stick to something you where you actually know what your talking about.
I'm just sticking up for people who are getting fingers wagged at them for illegitimate reasons, IMO.
TripleDouble
Senior
And1: 19

Post#1311 » by TripleDouble » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:00 pm

This thread has descended to nearly the lowest level of communication. It has now gone past the high-school drama queen level it previously existed in, to name-calling insinuations and over-board excuses.

Personally I cannot understand how it was a good idea to post in a public forum essentially "I know something that you don't, and I will only tell a select few who are worthy". As I said before, it is humorous how juvenile this is, but it does not excuse breaking trust. I believe who first broke trust, but the point is it was broken. Now this thread has turned into everyone trying to CYA.

IMO if you have a rumor, either you post it or you don't. If you are uncomfortable in posting it in a public forum, but you want to tell certain people send them a message. Do not send a nana-a-booboo post to everyone, 99% who you thought were not worthy to enlighten.

In the end it is humorous to see the interaction and desire for attention from strangers, by some of the posts in this thread. What started as a great thread has turned into something that (to quote Billy Madison) "we are all stupider for" reading. This cannot die soon enough.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,498

Post#1312 » by Bernman » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:09 pm

Can anyone fill me in on the developments the last 24 hours or so (since the Hinrich rumour which I was privy to)? The hard drive on my home computer crashed (awful timing), and I'm not going to sift through the last 300 posts of this thread or so.

A couple additional thoughts on the Hinrich rumour:

I would bet anyone that we have more pieces coming back to Milwaukee than Hinrich. We should be able to extract Sefolosha and a 2nd round pick. Maybe the insiders relaying the information didn't find either piece significant, and just named who his bias thought were the primaries. I think Sefolosha would be significant.

We should follow up the Hinrich trade, by dealing Mo Williams + to Sacto for Artest. We really need a small forward and some toughness. Sacto desires a starting caliber point guard to replace Bibby.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,241

Post#1313 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:13 pm

You didn't miss anything bern. It was arguments over the Hinrich rumor and it's affect on the roster and arguments about the information getting out and that it never should have.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,074

Post#1314 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:18 pm

Bernman wrote: We should be able to extract Sefolosha

Agreed. That flips the deal more in our favor.
Hold That
RealGM
And1: 741

Post#1315 » by Hold That » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:24 pm

wichmae wrote:I wont lose sleep over it at all. I have explained what happened and nothing bad will come of it.

Explain to whom? nobody in the Buck organization is looking too REALGM for leaks.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM

Post#1316 » by Balls2TheWalls » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:26 pm

Poohdini wrote:
wichmae wrote:I wont lose sleep over it at all. I have explained what happened and nothing bad will come of it.

Explain to whom? nobody in the Buck organization is looking too REALGM for leaks.

Actually, someone made it very clear that they were doing just that. I believe GAD has spoken to people that told him this was the case.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#1317 » by jerrod » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:27 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

has sefalosha continued improving? i don't pay much attention to him but i know my friend that's a bulls fan isn't a big fan of his
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM

Post#1318 » by Balls2TheWalls » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:28 pm

jerrod wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

has sefalosha continued improving? i don't pay much attention to him but i know my friend that's a bulls fan isn't a big fan of his

I thought he was very good at staying in passing lanes with his length. I don't remember him being very effective on offense. I think that he was solid under Skiles.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,498

Post#1319 » by Bernman » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:38 pm

jerrod wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

He's a very good defender and solid rebounder. Those traits would give him a role on this team alone. He has great tools offensively, he's just never been able to put them together. His game and situation reminds me of Diaw's a few years ago with the Hawks. The Hawks weren't giving him an opportunity to play much, and when they did, he was playing alongside some pretty incompetent offensive players. If he can get some services in a new environment, and hone his jumper, his handle, athleticism, and court vision can finally be utilized.
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#1320 » by jeremyd236 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:39 pm

adamcz wrote:Imagine how many pirated copies of xbox360 games you could buy on the black market with several million dollars.

lol

Return to Milwaukee Bucks