ImageImage

OJ Mayo for Kevin Love

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Re: OJ Mayo for Kevin Love 

Post#21 » by paul » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:21 am

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:I dont know where this thread came from and it should have been included in the Draft Day Thread
not a separate one but oh well...

Ho hum.....Mayo in Memphis with Conley, Gay, Warrick and Greene is okay I guess. But why didnt the TWolves just draft Love in the first place?

Why take Love when you have Jefferson. Dumb move by McHale! Mike Miller is a good pick to help Jefferson but the rest of this stinks for Minnesota.

Um, the Wolves didn't just draft Love because they got more in return by trading Mayo for him (Miller), I would have thought that one was pretty obvious.
I do agree they screwed Jefferson a bit, the guy desperately needs a C next to him not another PF as he sucks at guarding C's.
mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#22 » by mcfromage » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:43 am

From the Wolves board:

"Tonight we witnessed the death of this franchise.
I will not even watch them on TV next year or check the box scores.
This is beyond anything I imagined in my worst nightmares about what would happen tonight.

They should contract this franchise or move it to seattle. I'm dead serious.
Taylor no longer deserves to own an NBA franchise."
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#23 » by paul » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:46 am

mcfromage wrote:From the Wolves board:

This is beyond anything I imagined in my worst nightmares about what would happen tonight.

They're obviously hurting but I find it a little silly considering how high many were on Love and how low some were on Mayo anyway. There were talking heads out there who felt Love should go 3 and they got Miller who I like, I don't hate this deal for the Wolves and I'm not as high on Mayo as many. I'm just not sure Love is the guy to help them as Jefferson clearly needs to play PF.
smalls
Junior
And1: 0

Post#24 » by smalls » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:49 am

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:I dont know where this thread came from and it should have been included in the Draft Day Thread
not a separate one but oh well...

Ho hum.....Mayo in Memphis with Conley, Gay, Warrick and Greene is okay I guess. But why didnt the TWolves just draft Love in the first place?

Why take Love when you have Jefferson. Dumb move by McHale! Mike Miller is a good pick to help Jefferson but the rest of this stinks for Minnesota.

I think this has to do with the same reason the Bucks still drafted alexander(and no it's not just a bad franchise livin up to expectations) small ball is in and smaller but more skilled players or athletic players r the way to gowithin this trend. That said Memphis pimped the shiz out of Minny and for future reference we need to make more deals with any team Mc Hale is in a position of power with. I don't care what anyone says OJ is gonna be a star in the NBA.
Serge28
RealGM
And1: 1,733

Post#25 » by Serge28 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:49 am

I don't think this is as terrible of a deal as some Minnesota fans are making it out to be. Mike Miller is a really nice player and a great shooter. Love will dominate the boards along with Jefferson. O.J. Mayo is a great talent, but you just don't know if he is the next Gilbert Arenas or the next Isiah Rider.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#26 » by worthlessBucks » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:02 am

mcfromage wrote:From the Wolves board:

Yeah they're taking it pretty hard, I feel bad for them. Mchale shouldn't be in charge of an NBA Live Franchise let alone a real one. I've been reading theirs posts on a different board since those Bogut rumors started to circulate and they all pretty much called McHale screwing this draft up (#3, #31, #34). I like Kevin Love as a player and wanted him drafted here, but I question using him in a position where he's not playing next to a true center.

A few of my favorite quotes from a different Minny board.

Did McHale screw up? Heck yeah. He gave away a winning point guard, drafted a guy who's never coming over, passed on a high reward center (Jordan), and then capped the night off by trading away ther player who could've turned into the face of the franchise. One who will be star in this league. And then also did not take a quality guard or future first rounder in return.

I need a phone number that will allow me to eloquently tell these stupid *** just how I feel about their garbage franchise. There has to be some kind of number for general complaints.

this is like an episode of the twilight zone. it seems like mchale is doing everything he can to ruin this team. on the bright side now we will have the best outlet game in the league and i'm not sure how we are going to work those 94 ft inbound shots into the offense, but our braintrust will be creative enough to work it into the o. its great that we got those two contracts off the books (jaric and cybertoine), but it doesn't mean anything unless we actually spend money to land a free agent that can help us win. does anyone know who some of the free agents this offseason are going to be?

I think they need a bag night.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,286

Post#27 » by rilamann » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:14 am

I got it,Kevin Mchale must still be drunk from all the partying he did when the Celtics won the Championship last week.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#28 » by worthlessBucks » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:16 am

Seriously. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING? WHY? Because Kevin Love reminds you of yourself? Guess what McHale, you weren't even that good. You were the sixth man of the year on a loaded team and you were able to grow into the third best player on the team. I mean, does McHale drive on the left side of the road? Eat cereal with a fork? Mow his lawn in the winter? This just defies all logic. I'm done w/this B.S.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#29 » by El Duderino » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:22 am

I like Love as a player, but don't think pairing him with Jefferson is anywhere close to ideal
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,564

Post#30 » by Profound23 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:27 am

They traded Ray Allen for Marbury
Brandon Roy for Randy Foye
and now this

They need to just stop making trades on draft day. I think their fans would love some of our offers now huh?
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#31 » by WEFFPIM » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:31 am

They have a good scoring duo in Miller and Jefferson, but very little else.

Kevin McHale shows you signs that he's getting it, and then completely squashes that thought with a trade like this.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#32 » by El Duderino » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:54 am

Profound23 wrote:They traded Ray Allen for Marbury
Brandon Roy for Randy Foye
and now this

They need to just stop making trades on draft day. I think their fans would love some of our offers now huh?

Ouch

I forgot about the Roy/Foye trade. It must be torture being a Wolves fan and knowing that the owner for whatever reason just won't can McHale.

Time will tell if Hammond can build a winner, but at least we fans have the excitement of new blood making decisions.
smalls
Junior

Post#33 » by smalls » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:20 am

El Duderino wrote:I like Love as a player, but don't think pairing him with Jefferson is anywhere close to ideal

+1
Neapolitan Buck
Sixth Man

Post#34 » by Neapolitan Buck » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:30 am

rilamann wrote:I got it,Kevin Mchale must still be drunk from all the partying he did when the Celtics won the Championship last week.

:lol:
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#35 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:40 am

CharlosVllnueva wrote:Conley/Mayo/Gay doesn't sound too bad.

Well Memphis just figured maybe their fans werent receptive to Gay/Love

Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,954

Post#36 » by Jez2983 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:43 am

MFScho wrote:I think they need a bag night.

Very soon 'bag night' will pass into the vernacular meaning 'a night where the downtrodden people took their protest against the oppressive rule of their overlords'.

I could probably make some appropriate topical international references.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,043

Post#37 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:09 pm

Neither Jefferson nor Love is a center.

Bad move.
More Bang For The Bucks
Starter

Post#38 » by More Bang For The Bucks » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:34 pm

boy oh boy Minnesota the Vikings, the North Stars, and now the T Wolves........at least the Twins won a couple back in the late 80s and early 90s.
Neapolitan Buck
Sixth Man

Post#39 » by Neapolitan Buck » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:09 pm

Kohl Is A Mome wrote:
CharlosVllnueva wrote:Conley/Mayo/Gay doesn't sound too bad.

Well Memphis just figured maybe their fans werent receptive to Gay/Love

:lol: :lol:
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,055

Post#40 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:44 pm

In the Schadenfreude department, maybe this will put the Minny franchise in play when they talk about teams that might move someday, thus helping the Bucks stay secure here.

The T-Wolves fan base was all based on the personality of KG....that's it. With that guy gone, most of the fans there will gravitate back to the Vikings, Twins and Hockey.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks