ImageImage

Looking at MW/MR/RJ/CV/AB

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,241

Looking at MW/MR/RJ/CV/AB 

Post#1 » by LUKE23 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:11 pm

Just taking a quick snapshot at the starting five as of today. I fully expect more moves, but it should be noted that based on last year, our starting five averaged 89 ppg, and that is with CV only playing 24 minutes. Right now, as it stands, we have one of the best offensive starting fives in the entire league.

The real question that will get thrown in here, is how good is Skiles at improving defense with identical personnel? I only ask because while I think we do need to have some moves made, I am not willing to make moves where we lose in talent just for "fit", especially with regards to PG.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Re: Looking at MW/MR/RJ/CV/AB 

Post#2 » by paul » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:15 pm

We had a great day imo, and the changes are very positive. However for me there are still too many shooters on this team. I don't see Mo coming off the bench so for me unfortunately he still has to go - and a banging 4 is definitely required. I don't know that we can expect Alexander to be that guy, so chances are CV is gone too.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#3 » by jerrod » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:20 pm

i want to see "the skiles effect"

and not the alienating players, i mean the defense
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#4 » by LUKE23 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:23 pm

Well, the way I see it, CV and Mason can be moved for solid value at any time (CV on a rookie scale and has shown talent, Mason is an expiring deal), so there is really no need to lose in talent trades to move those two pieces. Mo has averaged 17/6, is 25, and is making a decent amount but nothing that is out of this world. All are pieces that can be moved if it's not working, so I don't want to make moves just for fit.

I think the team as stands right now is a lower playoff team right now with Skiles, but that is just my opinion and I realize many will disagree.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#5 » by paul » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:40 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Well, the way I see it, CV and Mason can be moved for solid value at any time (CV on a rookie scale and has shown talent, Mason is an expiring deal), so there is really no need to lose in talent trades to move those two pieces. Mo has averaged 17/6, is 25, and is making a decent amount but nothing that is out of this world. All are pieces that can be moved if it's not working, so I don't want to make moves just for fit.

I think the team as stands right now is a lower playoff team right now with Skiles, but that is just my opinion and I realize many will disagree.

Actually Luke I don't disagree at all, I just think it can be better with a pass first defensive point and a banging 4. We then get the shots from where we really want them (SG, SF and C), don't have guys constantly having to create their own shots (and having what happened this year where guys would shoot quickly because they knew they weren't getting it back), are better defensively at the point of attack and Bogut gets some much needed interior defensive and rebounding help, rather than trying to cover two guys. This team as it stands is not disimilar to the bucks last playoffs team in makeup (although more talented), but I think we all agree that the makeup of that team isn't what wins championships. We only have to look at this years two finalists for further proof. Hinrich (or equivilant) and Maxiell/Haslem (or equivilant) and you won't be able to wipe the smile off my face, I'm smiling now as it is.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,029

Post#6 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:41 pm

ok trying to think as i type for what our rotation would be if for some reason we kept this roster

bogut 33 - Ruffin 10 - Gadz 5
cv 30 - JA 8 -Bogut 5
jefferson 35 - JA 8 - mason 5
redd 35 - bell 8 - mason 5
mo 25 - sessions 18 - bell 5

Bogut 38, redd 35, jefferson 35, mo 25, cv 30, ses 18, ja 16

AB/Ruffin/Gadz
CV/
RJ/JA/DM/LMAMDM
MR/CB
MW/RS

IDK, but they have to do something
nuttinbutta Big Dog party
Junior
And1: 0

Post#7 » by nuttinbutta Big Dog party » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:42 pm

I expect CV to stay, and be a huge contributer off the bench. Can we really afford to move him? We have ZERO depth!?! I would like to see them sign a guy like PJ Brown to start, CV off the bench.

Then trade Mo and Dez/Bell

While I like Mo more than most, he really doesn't seem to have a spot on this team right now. His only hope is if Skiles could turn him into a drive and distribute PG. History says no, but he is young and could reinvent himself. I'd imagine it is tough to listen to the fans and media take shots at you daily.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#8 » by WRau1 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:59 pm

What about a Mo for Nene swap? Then bring in Duhon. We could still move Mason for a backup C like to SAC for Moore?

Sessions/Duhon
Redd/Bell
Jefferson/Alexander
Nene/CV
Bogut/Moore
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#9 » by LUKE23 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:01 pm

Nene has played like 5 games in the last 17 seasons, and makes $2 billion a year. No way would I want him as our starting PF.
WRau1
RealGM

Post#10 » by WRau1 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:04 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Nene has played like 5 games in the last 17 seasons, and makes $2 billion a year. No way would I want him as our starting PF.

If he can stay healthy hes a big body that can defend and finish. I don't know what other stud PF anyone thinks that we can get for and combo of Mo/CV/Mason but chances are thats its going to have to be a high risk high reward type of trade.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#11 » by LUKE23 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:05 pm

We can do better than Nene. High salary and high injury risk, his value is extremely low right now.
WRau1
RealGM

Post#12 » by WRau1 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:23 pm

How do you feel about Evans from Philly? What about a deal that would send Mo/CV/Mason to Philly for Miller/Evans/Smith?
Johnny Newman
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#13 » by Johnny Newman » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:48 pm

Camby would be nice fit here.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks